MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Please correct me if I'm wrong... is FOS Attendant essentially just the new title for Cart Attendants?

Or is that meant to be the new title for GSAs?

The general consensus on here is that the GSA role is going away, with those responsibilities going to all Guest Advocates (former cashiers/GSTMs) it terms of core roles.

This seems like a fine title change that should have been done ages ago. "FOS Attendant" describes the job a lot better than just carts

I'm pretty sure I know the answer but will ask anyway.

Does this new rollout mean after 90 days I can tell people that they should have learned to use the wave and make a bale or am I going to still have to do these things?

Does this new rollout mean after 90 days I can tell people that they should have learned to use the wave and make a bale or am I going to still have to do these things?

I wouldn't want most of inbound attempting to make a bale. Mainly because I don't feel like spending 2 hours picking up, re-crushing and rewrapping an exploded bale. Those jokers can go tf home and leave this bread to me

Edit: oh god the wave, that would be even worse. Definitely don't feel like diving out of the path of a killdozer plowing through the backroom

Last edited:
Trolling the Target "Community" Facebook page there are lots of i'm sorry to the guests for not having enough payroll to finish the work.

Screen-Shot-2019-03-17-at-2-32-23-PM.png

pssss... this is the sales floor Not the back room.

Screen-Shot-2019-03-17-at-2-35-19-PM.png

Don’t mean to repeat myself, but this may help explain how they get away with eliminating management without severance or unemployment. While at Michaels during Cornell’s reign, they used middle management as henchmen. After we served the mission, they restructured managers’ schedules where I was now required to work every weekend and 2 to close weekdays if I still wanted to run my dept. There isn’t child care at those hours, so I put in my notice. District manager offered me any other management position in the store. Taking a coworker/friends’ position did not interest me. Since I declined a position they offered, I wasn’t eligible for anything. So buckle up tls, the ride is going to get bumpy now that they are in this phase of modernization.
I've been told how valuable I am to the store, I am just unsure if I can do all mids. I don't think they will have a choice even if they want to keep me unless I can completely work mids. Not saying I'm Michael Jordan...But if you could have him in his prime today wouldn't you still want him on your team even if he only played 3 out of the 4 periods? I would.

Does taking pictures and posting them ever get results, other than someone at the store level being disciplined? If it does then I'm all for it and would gladly post a picture too every day of how we're blocking isles and endcaps w freight. However I think their response will be 'fire someone at the store' rather than 'maybe the store isn't getting enough hours to get what we're expecting done. Maybe we should increase their payroll to prevent this from happening again.'

Yes that's the title for Cart Attendants. GSA's during the pilot went away (sorta) and I think this is the finishing touch. I haven't read the rollout but I'm assuming all cashiers on deck! Which is more or less how some stores already run it when your GSA's become super unreliable.

This will be interesting for our store because our GSAs run the front essentially. Our GSTL has been in role about 5 months and is still learning quite a bit. We also have no ETL-GE at the moment. This makes me glad I put a request in to transfer workcenters. Hopefully that process will move a bit faster now if my position is getting cut anyway.

I am just unsure if I can do all mids.

I don't blame you. To me that kind of scheduling doesn't support a work/life balance. And if you happen to have small children you aren't going to have any time with them before they go to bed....or very little time.

I wonder how many TLs and ETLs are going to reevaluate their careers with Spot.

Signing Expert would have been nice. So that makes me a presentation tm again? I rather focus on signing than do both, but at least plano team is still there.

If you're lucky.

I've been told I'm basically back to pushing truck because there aren't going to be enough plano hours for even the current pog team between big sets since revisions now fall to individual areas.

So I get to be a business owner and still be responsible for breaking down the signing pallet, organizing it, keeping it organized even though 10+ people are now going to be rifling through the signing, my fixtures, my fasteners, etc. Oh, and I'm probably not going to even get any extra hours to do this. Yay.

Oh, I almost forgot. Overheads, operational signing and CSEs will still be on me. Heh.

Back