MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
We can agree to disagree. I can just speak for my store. I have been doing this MANY years and we shut off the lights when we leave at night. No it doesn’t have anything to do with arming the store but the option to turn off the lights is on the alarm panel at my store and gets done at the same time as arming the building. Like another poster said- 15 minutes after that the store goes completely dark. We have just a few lights on and the lights are on but dimmed between the inner doors and outer doors. When the opening LOD walks in the lights kick on to the 50% or so until 8am. I have been the opening LOD many times to see this as well as have come in with my exec at 2am and they’ve kicked back on when we walked in. Of course maybe store’s alarm panels aren’t the same or their districts don’t have them turn off the lights at night but ours does.

We turn off the lights at close at my store too. The function to do so is also on the alarm panal.

Assume nothing. Here is another thread.

I can't wait. I might actually show up with popcorn to see how heated the other TLs get over this. Basically means I continue to get fucked over for more pay 👍🏻

For everyone chiding me for getting more hours than you, this should improve at least a little once this all officially rolls out. Remember, logistics and it’s payroll move to the sales floor. Front end will shave some payroll with the whole ‘everyone doing everything’ + no GSAs. Also, they don’t push or do anything with candy or endcaps or Bullseye. Lastly, and the amount of benefit you see from this will be very ASANTS (lol), with ‘no more lod’, the ETLs are supposed to be working much more in their areas. Subracting for meetings and Starbucks-buying, that’s 30-40 hours a week of help per ETL right there. I know today, our specialty ETL spent their day setting electronics pogs. The whole zone-as-you-go thing is supposed to allow for less people working at night. Those hours will move to open/mid. Price change now salvages when new sets go up, that’s less time that the price change process will use since it doesn’t stay out needing continuous merchandising, marking down, zoning etc.

This is gonna suck, and most seem to be victims of executives that can’t look past the old ways of allocating payroll, but for those of you who are either piloting or have been gradually implementing the changes, it shouldn’t get worse.

Another variable is, when this rolls out, we don’t know if there will be any kind of payroll changes in terms of amount. I do know there will he added hours for training all TMs on the process.

For everyone chiding me for getting more hours than you, this should improve at least a little once this all officially rolls out. Remember, logistics and it’s payroll move to the sales floor. Front end will shave some payroll with the whole ‘everyone doing everything’ + no GSAs. Also, they don’t push or do anything with candy or endcaps or Bullseye. Lastly, and the amount of benefit you see from this will be very ASANTS (lol), with ‘no more lod’, the ETLs are supposed to be working much more in their areas. Subracting for meetings and Starbucks-buying, that’s 30-40 hours a week of help per ETL right there. I know today, our specialty ETL spent their day setting electronics pogs. The whole zone-as-you-go thing is supposed to allow for less people working at night. Those hours will move to open/mid. Price change now salvages when new sets go up, that’s less time that the price change process will use since it doesn’t stay out needing continuous merchandising, marking down, zoning etc.

This is gonna suck, and most seem to be victims of executives that can’t look past the old ways of allocating payroll, but for those of you who are either piloting or have been gradually implementing the changes, it shouldn’t get worse.

Another variable is, when this rolls out, we don’t know if there will be any kind of payroll changes in terms of amount. I do know there will he added hours for training all TMs on the process.
So no more markdowns? Everything goes straight to salvage?

Back