MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
What about this rumor of everyone being put back on 90 day probation like a new hire? Is that legal when we have been there for years? Does that affect things like maternity leave?
In pretty much all states, Target can fire you for any performance based reason at any time... it’s just target policy to drag it out with CCAs.

Ok but under your 90 you can't file maternity leave or unemployment. So my question isn't can I get fired it's how does it change that

Like the 100% change revi
Goes salvage the week OF the set, not the week after - or two weeks after.

Moving clearance sucks when doing a set, but moving shoe clearance really sucks when trying to set shoes. Hopefully, this will help.

This worked real slick with stationery last week, but hasn't been implemented for electronics this week so we are sitting on a bunch of phone accessories like normal. The inconsistency of these new processes is frustrating, especially when it's one like this that is so easy to get on board with. Patience I guess.

I didn't misinterpret anything after reading it. I was informed by a co worker who received his announcement last week about being on a 90 day again. So maybe he explained it incorrectly and that's why I asked if anyone had any information. So if anyone has heard this and had a better "interpretation" I'd appreciate it.

I didn't misinterpret anything after reading it. I was informed by a co worker who received his announcement last week about being on a 90 day again. So maybe he explained it incorrectly and that's why I asked if anyone had any information. So if anyone has heard this and had a better "interpretation" I'd appreciate it.
We may be put on probation but certainly not losing our benefits.

... yes to which? cashier w sup access or having to call LOD when no GSTL is there? either way seems not good... we either need GSAs or a GSTL/ETLGE there at all times.

only team members with supervisor access should be scheduled at self-checkout in stores where this is being piloted because that person handles any overrides and is also responsible for banking the checklanes in the morning/night

This worked real slick with stationery last week, but hasn't been implemented for electronics this week so we are sitting on a bunch of phone accessories like normal. The inconsistency of these new processes is frustrating, especially when it's one like this that is so easy to get on board with. Patience I guess.
It was communicated they were going to test it with stationary but I agree it’s not really something that needs to be tested... it should have just been implemented

only team members with supervisor access should be scheduled at self-checkout in stores where this is being piloted because that person handles any overrides and is also responsible for banking the checklanes in the morning/night
how is it determined going forward who has sup access? Obviously former GSAs will keep it

also, will mytime codes be changing? one code for the entire front end sounds like a disaster waiting to happen at stores where cashiers are not SD trained

well the whole point is that there won't be stores where the cashiers aren't service desk trained
I agree that's how it should be but you can't magically train all the cashiers April 1. my store is slowly training cashiers but some have tried and just... can't, others are learning but slowly (as we all do at first)... plus there are just some (SD-trained) TMs who are more valuable at SD than cashiering

also if everyone has the same mytime code, theoretically, anyone could be given sup access in POS

how is it determined going forward who has sup access? Obviously former GSAs will keep it

also, will mytime codes be changing? one code for the entire front end sounds like a disaster waiting to happen at stores where cashiers are not SD trained
It’s how small formats do it. Everyone is either coded as Starbucks, hardlines or cashier. I’m sure those will update to the appropriate titles with modernization but I assume chain stores will follow.

I agree that's how it should be but you can't magically train all the cashiers April 1. my store is slowly training cashiers but some have tried and just... can't, others are learning but slowly (as we all do at first)... plus there are just some (SD-trained) TMs who are more valuable at SD than cashiering

if they can't do everything then they won't work at target anymore

this front end change isn't rolling out to all stores in april, though.

Food TLs are suggested to be early or early mid anyway due to C&S trucks
This is definitely going to vary per store. Our consumables TL works 930-6, our new role meat, dairy, frozen TL will be doing 9-530, our produce TL is 8-430, and I am whatever I schedule myself besides my one late mid during the week and my closing weekend.

This is definitely going to vary per store. Our consumables TL works 930-6, our new role meat, dairy, frozen TL will be doing 9-530, our produce TL is 8-430, and I am whatever I schedule myself besides my one late mid during the week and my closing weekend.
9 and 9:30 are early mids.

A rumor, it is. Many vet tm's or tl's would be calling the hotline.
From another thread on 90 day start over/at will & store moderation.

A lot here do not understand the "at will" provisions.

Yes, you can fire anyone for any reason. BUT, you have to fire everyone for the same reasons.

You have to document things very carefully as there is no state regulations as how to qualify an employee for termination. It's way too easy to get caught up In litigation without documenting all write ups and terminations that do not meet a clearly defined process.

As for everyone going on 90 days, yes they could do it based on it being company wide. There are not any laws that I could think of that would or could prevent them from "restarting their entire workforce".

The fallout from Team Members just walking out and public opinion would be devastating. Remember how bad the bathroom policy went over? This would be a "Titanic" move compared to that one.

I suspect there may be some truth to the ninety days as it will force everyone to open up their availability and other things. Not to mention it would allow Spot to bring in new team members who have a "certain look" that matches their guest profile.
Thanks
@No I in Team

ahaha I know two LAZY AF TMs who recently jumped off salesfloor to be GSAs and were so happy with the lack of work they had to do up at the front end they bragged about it almost daily...they're in for a rude awakening...no hate to actual hard working GSAs. We love you.

Back