MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
if they can't do everything then they won't work at target anymore

this front end change isn't rolling out to all stores in april, though.
That's a joke-- it's been 4 months of modernization for us..maybe a bit longer but there are people who "can't climb ladders" who are given as much or more hours than me...and I get to backstock their stuff and be asked why I am not keeping up with push times. SERIOUSLY LOL. I wish I was being a bitch about this but it's true. I feel like I'd be pushed out first because they've been at Target for over 15 years and I'm only going on 4.

... yes to which? cashier w sup access or having to call LOD when no GSTL is there? either way seems not good... we either need GSAs or a GSTL/ETLGE there at all times.
Knowing some of the cashiers and guests that we have, it will be a shit show. Still have not heard who calls up for guest first? Who handles call-outs at the front? So, if you have one opening call-out then that leaves one cashier to manage the whole front until the next person comes in an hour later? Still haven’t heard how the break coverage will be managed. If you have a GSTL on vacay, you will have some days without front end leadership. I don’t care how much training you give, there are certain cashiers that could not manage working GS. If we weed them out, there goes half our front end; and technically, minors are not supposed to work GS. So many questions and not enough answers.

Knowing some of the cashiers and guests that we have, it will be a shit show. Still have not heard who calls up for guest first? Who handles call-outs at the front? So, if you have one opening call-out then that leaves one cashier to manage the whole front until the next person comes in an hour later? Still haven’t heard how the break coverage will be managed. If you have a GSTL on vacay, you will have some days without front end leadership. I don’t care how much training you give, there are certain cashiers that could not manage working GS. If we weed them out, there goes half our front end; and technically, minors are not supposed to work GS. So many questions and not enough answers.
next time I'm called up for backup before 10 AM I'm gonna tell the guest to hurry the hell up because I am not a cashier and I got floor shit to do and this is how they barebones schedule us...then I'll go home with no job and spit on the fucking floor when I walk out. Getting sick of this barebones shift shit. It wasn't this bad for 3 years now on year 4 it's a shitshow of dumbfuckery. Wonder why it went so bad when we lost our last two regular TLs? Oh because they were the backbone of morale in the store and sensibility no less. GOD DAMN.

That's a joke-- it's been 4 months of modernization for us..maybe a bit longer but there are people who "can't climb ladders" who are given as much or more hours than me...and I get to backstock their stuff and be asked why I am not keeping up with push times. SERIOUSLY LOL. I wish I was being a bitch about this but it's true. I feel like I'd be pushed out first because they've been at Target for over 15 years and I'm only going on 4.
The more you post the more I think we’re at the same store lol.

Is there a new ETL in your building who is incompetent? 😝

Eventually, some corporate dude is going to watch this clip and "Modernization" will become "Specialization" and be an excuse to gut even more hours.

You only need to watch about 30 seconds from where the video plays.

This is exactly why Modernization doesn't work for most stores. Having everybody be a "jack of all trades" has a huge downside. Mastering a specific skill takes a lot of time and the turnover rate will ensure that mastering all the skills needed for modernization to work will never happen.

I was asked yesterday by the STL 4 questions.
1. Are you willing to close M-F weekends off?
2. Are you interested in working in a different area of the store?
3. Would you be interested in working in food service?
4. Are you willing to transfer to another store?

I’m already seeing the writing on the wall.

My answers:

1. Miss me with closing shifts
2. Uhh maybe
3. Miss me with food prep
4. Absolutely the fuck not!

That really sucks fam.

Make sure you perform better than 20% of your peers. That 20 percent will be dealt with. This isn’t a new thing. It’s been around target for decades.

I was asked yesterday by the STL 4 questions.
1. Are you willing to close M-F weekends off?
2. Are you interested in working in a different area of the store?
3. Would you be interested in working in food service?
4. Are you willing to transfer to another store?

I’m already seeing the writing on the wall.
1. Are you willing to never see your family again?
2. Are you interested in working in an area you are not interested in working in?
3. Would you be interested in working at McDonald's instead?
4. Are you willing to transfer and leave all your work family and friends behind that actually make coming to work barrable?

Sign me up! 😑

1. Are you willing to never see your family again?
2. Are you interested in working in an area you are not interested in working in?
3. Would you be interested in working at McDonald's instead?
4. Are you willing to transfer and leave all your work family and friends behind that actually make coming to work barrable?

Sign me up! 😑
I only really see my family on weekends anyways so closing lead sounds amazing. Closing only sucks on weekends, and maybe friday night

It was communicated they were going to test it with stationary but I agree it’s not really something that needs to be tested... it should have just been implemented
We've been losing sales because the items don't get any time on the clearance endcaps, and our store has a lot of shoppers who go around the store to the back endcaps looking for deals. I dont like salvage being the same week of the set. I enjoy it being delayed by a week or two

I know how long some of you have been doing modernization. We’ve been doing it for over a year now and our back room after the unload is a mess. Can’t hardly get in and out with uboats. Unload takes 4+hours. Have to pull your areas autofills, push truck push, set sales planners, all revisions, do your areas price change, all your back stock, zone and pick any reshop, get all your reshop from guest service, take care of your trash which means waiting in line for everyone else or moving all kinds of things out of the to get to it. It’s whole lot of crap and stress that no one should go through on a daily basis. And there is no way to accomplish everything. The ceo, dtls. Would never expect to have to work this hard. And be pushed more. For what $15 an hr and maybe 25 hrs a week.

We've been losing sales because the items don't get any time on the clearance endcaps, and our store has a lot of shoppers who go around the store to the back endcaps looking for deals. I dont like salvage being the same week of the set. I enjoy it being delayed by a week or two
I like it. Clearance ECs are a mess and typically don’t drive THAT many sales. It’s 70% off items that definitely do bring up sales a bit but not enough for me to actually care.

I like it. Clearance ECs are a mess and typically don’t drive THAT many sales. It’s 70% off items that definitely do bring up sales a bit but not enough for me to actually care.
Half the time, the alternative is having nothing on the endcap, so any sales from the clearance are a plus.

Guests finding good deals are a positive guest experience that brings them back into my store. Salvage always feels like failure to me, honestly.

Back