MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Kinda late it started company wide April 1st. At my store we have been doing modernization since September 2018
My store has been doing a half ass attempt since June of last year. They had everyone doing their own pulls and back stock, then they stopped. Only fully modernized area is softlines and there is probably more product in the back than on the floor.

I think market just started doing their own revisions.

We have one pricing team member that just does a little bit in the huge dent of pricing workload for hardlines. They need to put her out of her misery.

Supposedly the new schedules for leaders go into effect at the beginning of May and I guess that is when they are going to try to roll everything else out that isn't correct. 🤷🏾‍♀️. We'll see.

Wow. No inbound tm at my store can even audit yet. No one has said anything. No price change taught. Nothing. And it starts Monday. Seems like they are hell bent on setting people up to fail. They can't even get the push done. There was truck push all over the back room today. But hey, let's pile on more work we haven't trained people on. Seems like a good plan.
There was more effort placed on keeping parts of modernization top secret for so long, such as DBOs rather than putting that time and effort into training and preparing tms. Now it’s “go time” and nobody knows where to go. Clearly, the five steps are NOT clear, judging by these recent post on auditing. More of a “3 1/2 steps and we’ll let you know the other 1 1/2 steps, if we figure it out” plan.

Last edited:
All I know is it's all been kept hush hush. But since the signing job is being dissolved, I had my one on one last week. I had to sit and watch a company mouth lie to me. He was full of empty non binding non guarantees and non answers. It was wonderful.
I’m signing too. Haven’t had my one on one yet. Can you give me a preview of the upcoming show? Is it a comedy, drama, sci-fi.

I’m signing too. Haven’t had my one on one yet. Can you give me a preview of the upcoming show? Is it a comedy, drama, sci-fi.

As of this coming Monday, my store no longer will have a signing tm. I'll be on the new transition team. Each department will be in charge of their own signing. When I asked who would break down the signing pallet/keep track of supplies and order supplies and fixtures/hang overhead signing and anything else, I was given non answers. That is what is called "implied" work. Corporate assumes someone will do it, but it's not spelled out. Fixture room isn't my responsibility either. That'll be a shit show soon.

I had an ETL bring me the Quip toothbrush display out of her office today. Her words.... can you take care of this before you don't do signing anymore? Really bitch. 1) it says a vendor was supposed to do it 2) it set in February, why have you been hiding it in your office and 3) you could do it. You'll have to from now on.

I'm over it. I've got close to 200 hours of vacation to burn through before I leave though.

Modernization is going great at my store. The GSA's are like 🤷‍♀️ cant help you to guest service and the guest service tm is doing carry outs because general merchandise doesn't want to help out

ok trolling facebook community page again ..

this time a video was posted all i can say is W-O-W !!~!

Someone should switch the front sign to Costco, so that it intentionally looks like a warehouse store. Meh, then we would all have 40 hrs, living wages and benefits. Not at all the vision Brian has in store for us.

But sad to say, it will all come back to the store and not corp. Yes the leaders will hear about it but they will just tear into the dbo's.The poor dbo's at those stores will be in for it because it is gonna roll down hill till it hits the bottom, aka dbo's. I can see corp watching those videos and saying "The store looks like that because the store isn't doing the system right!" "It doesn't look like that because those stores freight doesn't roll off the truck presorted and detrashed" "They need to fire everyone because they are alllll lazy"" And that definately isn't because we don''t give them enough hours"
My favorite are the guests that get there right at 8:00AM and then complain that there are pallets and vehicles on the floor.

Like.. really? I get it, sort of.. but you literally came the exact second the store opened. What did you expect? A red carpet roll out?

Try 2pm. It's nightmarish some days. I almost feel sorry for the guests trying to get down an aside bear the back. Almost.

My favorite are the guests that get there right at 8:00AM and then complain that there are pallets and vehicles on the floor.

Like.. really? I get it, sort of.. but you literally came the exact second the store opened. What did you expect? A red carpet roll out?
I think most get mad when it’s blocking stuff they want to buy and no one is around to move it.

When I was on maternity I had to find a really skinny team member to shimmy down the automotive aisle to get me a steering wheel cover because I couldn’t even without the stroller.

Well, while my department (SFS) isn't really being directly affected by modernization, we're now getting screwed because we're the dumping ground for backroom TMs, so my hours have been cut so that they can give a backroom TM who worked 30 hours a week 8 hours. And they haven't done SFS in two years (others haven't at all). I'm insulted for them and I'm insulted that they're going to just throw people in our job without training/reminders.

I was lucking out with hours the last couple of months, I guess the fun's over and it's definitely time to start the job search in full again.

The saying used to be “great by 8(am)”.

Back