MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
New schedule up. Still only one day that week but it's a different day 1 hour earlier. Does anyone scheduling know what they're doing anymore???

Same here. One shift, different each week. No one on our inbound team has set days. We take trucks every day but Thursday so you'd think they would be able to make set schedules.

Same here. One shift, different each week. No one on our inbound team has set days. We take trucks every day but Thursday so you'd think they would be able to make set schedules.

Gotta make sure we don't get...anything? I was going to say benefits, but...we're already heading that way.

If Spot still has the Golden Contributon award, running the store under hours for the year rates that and I believe a bonus for STL/ETLs goes with it.
Catch to that is you most likely lose those hours the next year, and if you were short staffing to get yourself a bonus, that's gonna bite you in the ass the next year when it's busier and you need your regular amount of hours at the very least.

Can't see many STL's even going for this (unless they truly could run the store with less hours) if it still exists.

Catch to that is you most likely lose those hours the next year, and if you were short staffing to get yourself a bonus, that's gonna bite you in the ass the next year when it's busier and you need your regular amount of hours at the very least.

Can't see many STL's even going for this (unless they truly could run the store with less hours) if it still exists.
I guess some of them figure “a bird in the hand”, and that they might be gone by the next year, leaving the mess for the next STL to deal with. A store in my district won this before Modernization, the next year hours were indeed cut, and the STL was off to gut another store....

If Spot still has the Golden Contributon award, running the store under hours for the year rates that and I believe a bonus for STL/ETLs goes with it.
I mean, the choice is pretty much:
a) get a bonus for literally just doing your job
or b) get fired

Most STLs would attempt option A. The bonus is an incentive, but it's more about keeping your job. It's not a bonus for cutting and saving payroll, it's a bonus for spending the amount of payroll you were allowed to spend in the first place.

There’s no bonus for cutting payroll. There’s a bonus for MEETING allocated payroll.

Simply put, 99% I guarantee your store is overspent on payroll and I’m 99% certain all those hours are consumed by your truck. So what happens usually by the end of the month they start cutting back to meet payroll hours, not cut it below.
Most retail stores I know overspend payroll on truck, and Target seems to be no different. For example, this April we were 700 hours over on payroll so they start making cuts this week and next week to be where we should be. I think stores usually blow their months payroll early in the month.

And the payroll hours aren’t some big secret...it’s all available for anyone with a mydevice. Just go in the MPM2.0 app and go to payroll hours. You can view by store overall, department, etc and see where your store stands with payroll.

There’s no bonus for cutting payroll. There’s a bonus for MEETING allocated payroll.

Simply put, 99% I guarantee your store is overspent on payroll and I’m 99% certain all those hours are consumed by your truck. So what happens usually by the end of the month they start cutting back to meet payroll hours, not cut it below.
Most retail stores I know overspend payroll on truck, and Target seems to be no different. For example, this April we were 700 hours over on payroll so they start making cuts this week and next week to be where we should be. I think stores usually blow their months payroll early in the month.

And the payroll hours aren’t some big secret...it’s all available for anyone with a mydevice. Just go in the MPM2.0 app and go to payroll hours. You can view by store overall, department, etc and see where your store stands with payroll.

The mydevice does have some usefulness.

Just had my modernization one on one. I’m supposed to have at least 3 cashiers trained to do the job of GSA before the next schedule. I’m not supposed to explain anything to the GSAs until we start reviews. (Whenever that is) I thought what they did to the soft line brand TMs was dirty, but this is even worse.
I’ve got some great cashiers that are reliable and great with guests but they won’t make it in the quazi GSA role. We’re just going to throw them away. I’m physically sick thinking about it. Sorry. I just hate this.

The only reason we have such problems is due to Spot not measuring the process. If we would just measure this thing, we would have a better idea of how many hours to budget for when it comes to the truck process.

For years we scanned our trucks and purged the data three day later without keeping stats. That was stupid at a different level.

Now we're trying to apply the same unload rates when we had a couple of throwers, scanner/pacer, person/3 pallets, and who ever I missed out to a more cumbersome process with only 5 team members.

Stls use every hour they get. The exception is banking some if your area is prone to have blizzards, etc. got save a little to cover that.

Just had my modernization one on one. I’m supposed to have at least 3 cashiers trained to do the job of GSA before the next schedule. I’m not supposed to explain anything to the GSAs until we start reviews. (Whenever that is) I thought what they did to the soft line brand TMs was dirty, but this is even worse.
I’ve got some great cashiers that are reliable and great with guests but they won’t make it in the quazi GSA role. We’re just going to throw them away. I’m physically sick thinking about it. Sorry. I just hate this.

Throw them away meaning termination?

But if you get 3 trained, then can the others stay? I’m thinking about my store and one of the guest favorites...no way, no how can this person make the leap to GSA type responsibilities but we have quite a few who could and maybe take off the heat for those who can’t?

Fact check: Partially true; you need both a myDevice and TL/ETL/STL/AP/PMT keying. They don't allow the plebeians to see payroll numbers because it might cause a bread riot 👍

Fact check: Partially true; you need both a myDevice and TL/ETL/STL/AP/PMT keying. They don't allow the plebeians to see payroll numbers because it might cause a bread riot 👍
So borrow one of their devices, or say it’s not letting you login and have someone like the PMT log in for you

And who does Target think will replace them?

Just had my modernization one on one. I’m supposed to have at least 3 cashiers trained to do the job of GSA before the next schedule

One week to get them trained on how to open and close, all facets of SD, DriveUp, getting change, SCO (how to reboot them when they inevitably break down), and so on...

So these cashiers will get more than 15-20 hours to get all of this training? More expectations not based on reality.

Yeah it sucks when you get more responsibility and better hours just for it to be taken away, being treated and paid like a regular TM only to start getting taken advantage of by leadership.
Bwhahaha. It's so awful it's funny. Way to destroy your company Target.
The first commenter on the post could not have said it better...

Back