MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Ok so before Jack and myself have a conversation since he seems to be an understanding fellow can I get some feedback🥴 So my SD came up with this lovely timeline of 4 hours to zone, pull, push, backstock, price accuracy and salesplanners but my unload team ( most are scheduled 4 hours ) usually use 3 hours to unload our trucks which are an average of 2200 but still assign my team as DBO's which gives them an hour to do the above. How does everyone else schedule for inbound and GM1 cause he is stuck on stupid and doesn't get my argument
THIS!^
This is exactly what is happening this week at my store. Trucks are not getting unloaded at the start time everyone is scheduled at. Truck freight the day before is rolling over. I think we are a truck and half behind. No vehicles to unload freight so once Inbound comes in they push current freight just to clear vehicles. Then they start the unload which sometimes is an hour and a half later, so therefore inbound/DBO team members don't get to spend the time in their area to fulfill their job duties as a DBO. 🙄

I was told the SD now does the entire schedule. No set schedules can be keyed anymore. That the schedule will just spit people into midshifts based off guest traffic.
So how does that work with transition team? Lol.
So you work when guests traffic is the busiest. How the hell can anyone stock cereal or toys when you have 3 guests in that aisle.

I was told the SD now does the entire schedule. No set schedules can be keyed anymore. That the schedule will just spit people into midshifts based off guest traffic.
So how does that work with transition team? Lol.
Just the opposite at my store. We are being encouraged to have sets and just make edits/changes every week as necessary. SD is supposed to be responsible for the schedule in a "the buck stops here" way, not literally making it each week.

I guess I misspoke. You can’t go in and key shifts on Monday before the schedule is generated. You must let the scheduler do its thing. That’s what our hr was told by hrbp.

Curious to hear how far along everyone's backrooms are with the "Ladderless" expectation?
Must be ASANTS. My store has not discussed this. Our focus is training and getting truck pushed 100%. We are trying to get our DBO's trained to walk their area (determine issues) , pull/push backstock their auto's, push/ backstock truck freight, zone (collect abandons from GS, put away abandons you collect from the area) and if time permits to set sales planners/Revisions/complete price change before the end of your 4 hour maybe 5 hour shift. So laderless backroom is the least of our worries currently. 🙄

Can't upload candy aisle due to file size? 4.87mb? W/e. But, electronics stockroom cleaned up nicely

Attachments

• 20190415_151332.jpg
    20190415_151332.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 100
Must be ASANTS. My store has not discussed this. Our focus is training and getting truck pushed 100%. We are trying to get our DBO's trained to walk their area (determine issues) , pull/push backstock their auto's, push/ backstock truck freight, zone (collect abandons from GS, put away abandons you collect from the area) and if time permits to set sales planners/Revisions/complete price change before the end of your 4 hour maybe 5 hour shift. So laderless backroom is the least of our worries currently. 🙄

At this point it is just being piloted in some stores. Knowing Spot they will roll it out chain wide the week before Thanksgiving.😆

Generally, they do. I'm not sure what my current one does though, since her response to any query that would have traditionally fallen into the realm of HR is, "I'm sorry hun, but I can't do anything about that."
Until all of our programs are back up and running and we’ve learned about all of the changes it’s a dark and scary time. Last week they overnight closed HR Zone in us without warning. That wasn’t any fun. Mostly we have to wait and see what really changes with the new MyTime and Workday “upgrades” before we can feel effective again. At my store HR has the OG nickname of the Fishbowl due to the big window in the office. There’s a reason they say don’t tap the glass, we’re terribly frightful beings!

It's interesting that it's unrealistic for the hours that service and engagement gets but that same team demands that GM experts who are getting the same unrealistic hours drop everything and run to a backup. This is what sets teams against each other. And yes, my store's inbound team answers the phone and responds to backup along with everything else. Inbound gets tired of being portrayed as the village idiots who can't learn and don't do anything.
I whole heartedly agree with this post. It’s sucks for front end AND truck push teams. I just tell my team (food TL here) that we need to remind ourselves that no matter what, 100% of guests go through front lanes. Some may not visit market, or electronics or wherever, but they all need to go though front lanes. And this means that we need to support them. I’ve lost count of the carts abandoned at FOS for lack of cashiers. Guests didn’t want to wait. Like I said, sucks for both sides, but it is the reality of the situation sometimes. That being said, it’s more reason to get frustrated when I see cashiers or SCO standing around and talking to each other, NOT greeting or assisting guests, then proceed to call for backup not long after.

For the first time in over a week I am completely caught up on the truck push for my area! I've been behind ever since I was switched to this area but I'm finally at a good place. My SD had to approve me for extra hours so that I could come clean.

Quick question though since next week I need to start pulling my own autos and batches and I was only shown once. When I select the batch i want to pull, what do i enter for the cart name/number or whatever it is called?I remember it's three specific letters and then any 2 letters (i was told my initials), but I cant remember for first 3 letters.

For the first time in over a week I am completely caught up on the truck push for my area! I've been behind ever since I was switched to this area but I'm finally at a good place. My SD had to approve me for extra hours so that I could come clean.

Quick question though since next week I need to start pulling my own autos and batches and I was only shown once. When I select the batch i want to pull, what do i enter for the cart name/number or whatever it is called?I remember it's three specific letters and then any 2 letters (i was told my initials), but I cant remember for first 3 letters.

Your cart has a bar code that you scan.
In the move app you choose the batch you want to work, click start task and scan the cart you’re working on. You can manually type in the cart but you may risk the chance of using a cart that’s currently tied to someone else’s task.

Cart barcodes start with a unique ID such as SHP** with the last two asterisk being different values for each cart

Your cart has a bar code that you scan.
In the move app you choose the batch you want to work, click start task and scan the cart you’re working on. You can manually type in the cart but you may risk the chance of using a cart that’s currently tied to someone else’s task.

Cart barcodes start with a unique ID such as SHP** with the last two asterisk being different values for each cart

I don't know how you can be so certain that whatever vehicle to be used will have the SHP** number? Only half of ours do. I helped at a store for two weeks where none of their 3 tiers had them.

I just choose SHPFZ and go. Maybe I've overlapped someone else's pull and didn't know it. But I've never been in a pull and thought.... huh, I'm pulling PHAR and it's asking me to pull ice cream.

Back