MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
For the first time in over a week I am completely caught up on the truck push for my area! I've been behind ever since I was switched to this area but I'm finally at a good place. My SD had to approve me for extra hours so that I could come clean.

Quick question though since next week I need to start pulling my own autos and batches and I was only shown once. When I select the batch i want to pull, what do i enter for the cart name/number or whatever it is called?I remember it's three specific letters and then any 2 letters (i was told my initials), but I cant remember for first 3 letters.

It really doesn't matter too much. As others have said the first three letters are "shp" After that you just need any two random letters. Most people use their initials. Since my primary cart is shpAA, I use shpBB if I need to tie another cart. If I need 3 carts, then I go with shpCC. Keeps me from getting confused.

Tying a cart for pulling is stupid. Just enter something and forget it. Extremly unlikely that you'll run into problems.

Also, if another cart ID is being used to pull an auto, the zebra will tell you it is being used and ask you to pick something else.

I don't know how you can be so certain that whatever vehicle to be used will have the SHP** number? Only half of ours do. I helped at a store for two weeks where none of their 3 tiers had them.

I just choose SHPFZ and go. Maybe I've overlapped someone else's pull and didn't know it. But I've never been in a pull and thought.... huh, I'm pulling PHAR and it's asking me to pull ice cream.
My store has a cart label on every backroom aisle board but I just use my SHP and my initials but it’s definitely convenient to scan whatever aisle you go into first

If you don’t have MyDay you can just log into sharepoint on the browser and access everything on workbench. Just go to the generic office 365 log in page, log in, select sharepoint, the on sharepoint search for workbench.

I looked today. It was not in MyDay. I'll try sharepoint tomorrow if I get a chance.

I don't know how you can be so certain that whatever vehicle to be used will have the SHP** number? Only half of ours do. I helped at a store for two weeks where none of their 3 tiers had them.

I just choose SHPFZ and go. Maybe I've overlapped someone else's pull and didn't know it. But I've never been in a pull and thought.... huh, I'm pulling PHAR and it's asking me to pull ice cream.
I've printed barcodes that were created through the my device using the backroom management function. You need to hook up to a printer first before you select the management function then it should be system led after that.
Choose cart option, have the OPU label roll loaded and you should be able to print the parent and child label. I just use the printed barcodes so I can open a cart without having to physically find a vehicle with the label actually on it. I've attached this label to the back of my name badge with magnetic attachment not the pin (cut size to fit inconspicuously) so I have a barcode at all times. Works great when i need to pull a couple of items from an exf I created and don't have to worry about if a cart is already in use. I have given my DBO's this and have had no issues. I know it looks silly at first to be flipping to the backside of your badge but hey whatever works to get what you need to for the day is a plus in my book.

Last edited:
Okay soooooo about that official word we were getting around start of June regarding TL pay, any recent whispers or is it still dead air / nobody knows.

Okay soooooo about that official word we were getting around start of June regarding TL pay, any recent whispers or is it still dead air / nobody knows.
Literally checked yesterday, and the paycharts were still last updated 4/2018 lol. I promise when more info is out I’ll make it known

I personally memorized a shp label that no one ever used (maybe because the label was ripped and nobody ever replaced it?🤷🏽‍♂️) but I use the same label every time personally for all my pulls every day. It kinda became my own cart label I suppose lol.
I manually enter a value if that wasn’t clear, I don’t scan any cart.

Hmmm. Good idea. Maybe EACH tm should have a PULL ID

I've been staying that for months. Same with the zebras. PML told me he is supposed to number and label all the zebras with people's names. Told him to give me a good one, lol. I realize not all stores have enough equipment to do this so not sure if that means stores lacking will get sent more or what.

I noticed the two Targets nearest to me are still using bins. Weren't they supposed to have been gotten rid of by now and only use 3 tiers and flats?

I've been staying that for months. Same with the zebras. PML told me he is supposed to number and label all the zebras with people's names. Told him to give me a good one, lol. I realize not all stores have enough equipment to do this so not sure if that means stores lacking will get sent more or what.
Ours just had to go through and number them. We don’t have enough to put names on them.

I got my review and the paper itself was the most impersonal thing I've ever seen. No more TL comments on it. It's a total waste of paper, DIO, etc.

Pay bump? Meaningless. I'll soon be making what newbies are making anyway, so I barely paid attention to that. With a schedule that never goes over 6 hours a week, not really worth looking forward to anyway.

Apparently I am going to still be doing what I am doing, etc etc, with some DBO shit added in--but here's the thing. I am not being given any additional hours to do this new work. Apparently, I have to "earn" that.

At 6 hours a week how the hell do they expect me to "earn" anything? I won't have time for all this stuff! I haven't had pricing training, pog training, or any other kind of training besides register training.

I feel like I'm being set up to fail.

Last edited:
Back