MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Must be nice, the new SETLs are driving out the experienced folk and morale is terrible atm.
How stupid, unless the ones who were experienced were poor performers. We have a few of those, but they are down to just a few hours weekly. Even the sharpest of new hires still need help, and that will slow down lanes when we get busy.

This modernization will roll out in all stores 2019 but within a month for the pilot stores...they get to iron out the wrinkles
I like most of the changes. It seems scarey at first but when you see it in action properly it's a beautiful thing !
I do think having a whole team for seasonal is more important then they think tho. Between inventory and presentation transition's it's a 4/5 person job. My store has to pull people from their own areas we're told to own. From their teams that are already understaffed with back to school people going LOA. For a whole week probably multiple time's through out 4th qtr. But when market teams transition happens with the new brands coming do you think they'll be able to afford to send anyone to help with that? Lol doubt it.

Tessa120

I escaped the asylum!
I was shopping at a store other than my own and heard a sad exchange. Chick brought a flat with lots of bullseye playground boxes on it and asked the GS where someone was. GS said the guy was on break and walked towards the flat, and the first woman said "This isn't your job, it's his." GS replied "We don't have enough people for this."

Sad that GS could say flat out in front of whoever that there aren't enough people, and sad the first girl was drawing territory lines and telling someone to not help others.

Kudos though to GS for helping with bullseye playground, even though it wasn't her job.

Sad that GS could say flat out in front of whoever that there aren't enough people, and sad the first girl was drawing territory lines and telling someone to not help others.
Every time I think it can't get worse, someone proves me wrong. I mean sure it's only 10-15 minutes of a break, maybe 30, but a LOT could get done in that time...or not done, if there are tons of customers.

Word going around that receivers going to be phased out come early January. Wonder if that’s just hearsay or leaks from the national meeting. Even though yes I know it’s supposed to be gone due to modernization.

Our receiver is very, very good at their job, but like a lot of TMs has been bitching about wanting to quit for the last year. Usually with the line, and then where will the store be?? Welp. Sometimes the energy you put out into the world just takes a little while to come back at you..

BoxCutter

Cut hard. Cut deep.
Our Receiver was promoted and currently the duties are being performed by one of our Inbound TMs or the ETL-GM. Packages are being left in Receiving without either of them letting anyone know what has come in. It is already a mess back there. I'm predicting that MIRs for Entertainment will have to be picked, packaged, and shipped by Tech TMs.:mad:

Our receiver is not only great at his job, but one of the nicest people on earth. Also imagining CRCs and ESIMs without one. Who will take care of those?
Whoever ETL-GM or whoever the ETL LOG turned into. Cos they don’t have a metric crap ton of 💩 to deal with. Or yeah just keep the receiver and keep on trucking into oblivion like we are.

happygoth

reshop till I drop
Our receiver is very, very good at their job, but like a lot of TMs has been bitching about wanting to quit for the last year. Usually with the line, and then where will the store be?? Welp. Sometimes the energy you put out into the world just takes a little while to come back at you..
If your receiver thinks he's the reason your store is still standing, he needs a reality check.

I've been in retail for over 30 years. I've been promoted or moved to other departments and witnessed my previous area turn into utter shit, I've seen other associates and leaders working half as hard (or hardly at all) and still collect their paychecks, I've seen good people quit and bad ones linger for years. I've seen long-time associates retire or move on, and a week or two later it's like they never worked there.

I've said this too many times, but it bears repeating, as I know this for a fact: companies survived before I arrived, and they will carry on just fine without me. No one is irreplaceable.

I’ll admit I don’t really know, but: I rarely see our receiver do anything but loaf with other tm’s, complain, point out problems, shop and sweep a little. I know a few vendors come in every morning and he does talk to them but I mostly hear “That’s not my job” and “I don’t have to do that”. It seems like the work could be absorbed by another tm/TL/exec along with their own duties since less tasking is required these days by leaders.

Sloth

Market
They're attempting to make everything easier to do via a Zebra, but that doesn't solve the problem of dealing with vendors or other deliveries, as well as CRC and salvage pallets. There's also ESIM to worry about and RevLOG pulls in general.

They want everyone to own an area, and only that area, so who is going to be in receiving to actually ring anyone in? Anyone who walks by? That just seems.. inefficient and prone to problems.