MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.

happygoth

reshop till I drop
Thankfully my store is loaded with, let's say "average" looking people. All the hotties they hired last year are gone.

TargetSenpai

DBO Bed/Bath, GSA, FF, HL/SL, FOS Training Mentor
Detrash and sort it into a 3-tier?
Honestly, that's what I do most of the time especially for two of my heavier parts of my large area. It REALLY speeds up my process.

It's a no-no to have multiple vehicles on the floor, but my closing lead doesn't mind. Hell, even a couple of my leads have hinted to 'breaking small rules' if it helped my timing on push. I laugh with them and call myself the rebel- knowing all too well I am the keeper of the wild 3-tier for my repacks.

My SD just last week said closing team needs to start working more freight.

That said, we're also 3 or 4 trucks behind due to myriad reasons, mostly faults of store leadership (or lack thereof).
Sure, I'll do that in the 4 hour shift I have. Along with helping the bunch of guests with questions, the reshop, the auditing, the zoning and the backstocking (which they are getting increasingly anal about).

No human can do all this. I dunno what they're trying to do here.

Not sure if other stores have started this new process yet, but its working wonders now. Sort team is now 5-6 people who work 6-1:30pm and unload truck, and then push as much freight as they can until they leave. Weve been doing it for about 2 weeks now, and were getting to where theyre doing atleast 75% of the GM truck, although my store is a big grocery store. We call it the "Swat Team", although its basically a mini flow team. Its given the DBOs more time to actually get workload, brand, fill done now. Today my Chem/Pet/Paper guy didnt have to push a single thing off the truck and was able to get his revisions caught up. Tomorrow we start draining the back room with 1 to 1 pulls. It sounds like they may be rolling this out to everyone soon.

Tessa120

I escaped the asylum!
If this is corporate official, and looking at time of year, I'm wondering if the numbers so far for 3rd quarter are a little shaky.

If this is corporate official, and looking at time of year, I'm wondering if the numbers so far for 3rd quarter are a little shaky.
all of our numbers are shaky all you got to do is look in all of our backrooms and the lack of payroll to effectively implement corporates rather questionable strategies. they are making their numbers by slashing payroll.

Not sure if other stores have started this new process yet, but its working wonders now. Sort team is now 5-6 people who work 6-1:30pm and unload truck, and then push as much freight as they can until they leave. Weve been doing it for about 2 weeks now, and were getting to where theyre doing atleast 75% of the GM truck, although my store is a big grocery store. We call it the "Swat Team", although its basically a mini flow team. Its given the DBOs more time to actually get workload, brand, fill done now. Today my Chem/Pet/Paper guy didnt have to push a single thing off the truck and was able to get his revisions caught up. Tomorrow we start draining the back room with 1 to 1 pulls. It sounds like they may be rolling this out to everyone soon.
when will you corporate people admit y'all were wrong and let the stores go back to a logistics system proven to work? E2E/Store Modernization/DBO has failed us with regards to our logistics side.

Tessa120

I escaped the asylum!
And maybe it's hit that point, there's no more left to cut without numbers tanking even worse.

Assuming @BackroomOG14 's early unload is official.

Proficient

Fulfillment Expert
My store Inbound team is useless they keep hiring hiring hiring and no one make the cut. The old Inbound TL now GM TL Inbound is already starting to get frustrated which seems like will lead to finding other opportunities. Inbound at my store is a revolving door all the experts at it quit before modernization.