MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
-ETL-level expectations in 40 hours a week (you're high if you think you're gonna get OT as closing lead, except MAYBE during Q4)
-Very little support from dayside ETLs and leads (my closing lead has literally walked into the backroom and found that NO bales have been made, no trash tossed into the compactor, and the back line was a mess)
-No staffing/hours to complete night time tasks

Could go on
all this is true. This is why I said no.

You go through E2E yet or the new unload? The store I'm at is also struggling with push all and 7 trucks a week. Not enough of everything from TM's to vehicles or equipment. It's not even 4th quarter! I can't imagine what the holidays are going to look like. My POG Team and Pricing TM are still working but not for long. Got unofficial news that our district is rolling this out Feb 2019. So basically after 4th quarter I don't know where I'll be. I've got less than 6 months to figure it out.
Going through E2E and new unload after Remodel. Presentation/Pricing teams are not only staying but POG is taking over SPLs and Pricing is taking Softlines and Market back over (so basically our store won't have E2E teams doing their own price change or transitions).

I don't think it is going anywhere, IMO with E2E/Modernization/SFS, POG team, is quite literally the most important team in the entire store, to keep things consistent, Is there any team in the store that actually drives more sales, directly or indirectly, (While off the clock), than POG? No. (This includes, and eclipses VM)
I think the Presentation Team is literally the only thing that keeps my store looking good, all the other teams have no care/respect for store presentation.

Any closing leaders out there? I was offered the position and have a few questions.

If you were a Senior TL before it's essentially the same thing as closing LOD but 5x a week. I wouldn't do it because I don't particularly love to close all the damn time. But the perks are solid with a 100% set schedule and weekends off! Also in my opinion, you have more freedom to work as a leader and do less tasks than others.

Still have pricing but now we are being asked to ticket backroom pulls and work them out to the area/floor as we go! WTF! Basically because of the "new unload" and vehicles being scarce, they don't want freight just sitting and waiting for the right team member or person in charge of the area to work it out. Jack of all trades strikes again! I need someone to come and do my work and see how they feel when they are asked to "do more and more everyday!" :mad: I'm just going to nod and smile, nod and smile! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Going through E2E and new unload after Remodel. Presentation/Pricing teams are not only staying but POG is taking over SPLs and Pricing is taking Softlines and Market back over (so basically our store won't have E2E teams doing their own price change or transitions).
LUCKY! I'm jealous...Recently went through remodel and currently going through new unload. Still up in the air regarding POG/Pricing for this store...

Well, you can't read this so I'm not going to worry to much about it.
But Spot gets pissed if we post their copyrighted material too much so lets take it easy.
Which is one of the reasons why I didnt pull it. Its that shitty.
Also its on workbench, Learn@target so anyone who actually works for Target can see it. even if you just a TM. Those of you who are guest now, trust me its nothing you need.

And not that I want to disrespect you or Formica m but Spot can lick my balls right now after yesterdays instore event. No I can't share details But if you live in HOuston you have an idea of what happened, you have no idea how they reacted.

Well...You can look at it as being lazy or as being smart. Speaking from experience, you rely on the measurements being supplied on the planogram to be correct since the MPD (merchandise presentation department) should have the fancy program that designs the planograms. Program should take into account the product size, etc... but sometimes it doesn't so, when you are in your last section out of 8 just to discover the cereal box doesn't fit and you only have 20 min left of your shift then yeah, you do what you need to to get done. I would make note of the discrepancy and let my higher ups aware of the problem and the quick fix, for now. If time allows to go back and "make it right" is another thing altogether.
But what people don't understand is when you do stuff like that. Team members after you trying to stock or do go backs will have trouble finding the product because the plano says it on the bottom shelf and you moved it.

Makes it tough on SFS and OPU, too.
I understand the cause and effect but you misunderstand where I stated we noted it. More often then not it's the PPTL and the signing TM that goes back to fix it within a couple of days. You are looking at 1 DPCI in the cereal aisle. Communication was delivered to the Market TL, the ETL in charge and the backroom TL (just in case) of the discrepancy. We did not just leave it. What about when you have an entre pole within your gondola that you completely have to make your own planogram? How would you overcome this obstacle when you are trying to set to POG? Perfect example with the pole was grab and go accent furniture with a pole in the way. We had to get creative but we communicated what we did. In a perfect world zones would be done, planograms would have no issues, product in the correct space, no re-shop at the front or clothing in the fitting room but we don't. So anyway you look at it, SFS and OPU have challenges already with bad zones, backstock overflowing, etc...So is 1 cereal DPCI that difficult to find if you asked for help to find it? Especially if you asked either the POG Team or the Market Team?

Last edited:
If you were a Senior TL before it's essentially the same thing as closing LOD but 5x a week. I wouldn't do it because I don't particularly love to close all the damn time. But the perks are solid with a 100% set schedule and weekends off! Also in my opinion, you have more freedom to work as a leader and do less tasks than others.
Yeah, I more or less know what the job entails, I just have some HR type questions.

I understand the cause and effect but you misunderstand where I stated we noted it. More often then not it's the PPTL and the signing TM that goes back to fix it within a couple of days. You are looking at 1 DPCI in the cereal aisle. Communication was delivered to the Market TL, the ETL in charge and the backroom TL (just in case) of the discrepancy. We did not just leave it. What about when you have an entre pole within your gondola that you completely have to make your own planogram? How would you overcome this obstacle when you are trying to set to POG? Perfect example with the pole was grab and go accent furniture with a pole in the way. We had to get creative but we communicated what we did. In a perfect world zones would be done, planograms would have no issues, product in the correct space, no re-shop at the front or clothing in the fitting room but we don't. So anyway you look at it, SFS and OPU have challenges already with bad zones, backstock overflowing, etc...So is 1 cereal DPCI that difficult to find if you asked for help to find it? Especially if you asked either the POG Team or the Market Team?
Pptl pre-ties that. And should know where the poles are... they don't move. We match ours every time those aisles get new pogs or a revision. Mysupport if it's not doable and they will fix and resend. Usually by time it comes up in two weeks.

Pptl pre-ties that. And should know where the poles are... they don't move. We match ours every time those aisles get new pogs or a revision. Mysupport if it's not doable and they will fix and resend. Usually by time it comes up in two weeks.
I my supported the pole. They didn't have it on their MR1 map for the store. I had to send pictures so they don't know everything and we did what we needed to make sure merchandise was represented on the floor.

It's not a salaried position. The closing lead at my (now former) store is hourly. (Edited to take out the differential amount because when I thought about it I'm not certain that's what ours told me and I don't want to spread misinformation.)

Last edited:
Back