MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Closing Lead is not salary, but there is a pay differential for doing the job. That's part of the reason it's a shitty job, it's essentially an ETL position but you're expected to work no more than 40 hours a week.
Already a senior so probably wouldn’t get a raise so not worth it (they’ve been offering it to me for months)

But what people don't understand is when you do stuff like that. Team members after you trying to stock or do go backs will have trouble finding the product because the plano says it on the bottom shelf and you moved it.
We have 1 person that stocks the cereal from the truck anf a few that work evenings. It’s not hard to communicate the swap of 2 cereals to less than 5 people including the tl.

Closing Lead is not salary, but there is a pay differential for doing the job. That's part of the reason it's a shitty job, it's essentially an ETL position but you're expected to work no more than 40 hours a week.

What metrics are they judged on?

A closing lead is just that, a closing hourly lead. The pay is comparable to all other leads but they usually offer it to a Senior that's in position already with no additional pay bump. So $18-22

So here is what "evolve" means in my current store. If you are over 50, you are gone. If you are handicapped,mentally or physically, you are gone.If you are overweight you are gone...
The STL actually said someone was too fat to do the job. He said someone was too old to fit in. He asked do you really want someone like (handicapped team member) on your team wasting payroll. All respect was lost for this STL the minute he uttered those words
Store modernization to stay afloat? Absolutely. Selling your soul to make a buck? Not in this lifetime. We are all expendable, yes even the cheerleaders and ass kissers. Eventually another new roll out will come and their time will be up. Ugly fact is retail as we know it is gone. Targets grabbing at whatever it can to stay afloat. Bottom line is our demographic (urban, educated but cheap) knows how to shop online and that is the preferred method for them. This is at best at last ditch effort to stay afloat. The ship is sinking and the rats will be the last to abandon right after they throw everyone else off the ship.

So here is what "evolve" means in my current store. If you are over 50, you are gone. If you are handicapped,mentally or physically, you are gone.If you are overweight you are gone...
The STL actually said someone was too fat to do the job. He said someone was too old to fit in. He asked do you really want someone like (handicapped team member) on your team wasting payroll. All respect was lost for this STL the minute he uttered those words
Store modernization to stay afloat? Absolutely. Selling your soul to make a buck? Not in this lifetime. We are all expendable, yes even the cheerleaders and ass kissers. Eventually another new roll out will come and their time will be up. Ugly fact is retail as we know it is gone. Targets grabbing at whatever it can to stay afloat. Bottom line is our demographic (urban, educated but cheap) knows how to shop online and that is the preferred method for them. This is at best at last ditch effort to stay afloat. The ship is sinking and the rats will be the last to abandon right after they throw everyone else off the ship.
I watch and see the attitude shift towards older and minority workers. So you are right about that. It's becoming toxic. What makes me wonder is that this shift is arriving right when unemployment is low. I think they want to tap into the millenials who haven't found career openings.

Document events & hotline needs to be contacted.

The STL actually said someone was too fat to do the job. He said someone was too old to fit in. He asked do you really want someone like (handicapped team member) on your team wasting payroll.

what the fuck

Several federal employment violations here.

Yes there are and they are blatant. Look around and see who is left after this transition into the new bullseye world. They have already laid the groundwork saying that the older people are "unwilling" to accept change. When in reality they are simply asking questions as to how things will work. The loophole with the ADA is that the people are now unable to execute "all" of the requirements with reasonable accommodations. We have been encouraged to use the new app to get as much documentation as quickly as possible to work "these" people out right away. We have one ETL who is gleefully pushing voluntary termination forms in the faces (literally) of team members who want time to think if they can really have completely open availability 24/7 for a part time job. It makes me physically sick.

Yes there are and they are blatant. Look around and see who is left after this transition into the new bullseye world. They have already laid the groundwork saying that the older people are "unwilling" to accept change. When in reality they are simply asking questions as to how things will work. The loophole with the ADA is that the people are now unable to execute "all" of the requirements with reasonable accommodations. We have been encouraged to use the new app to get as much documentation as quickly as possible to work "these" people out right away. We have one ETL who is gleefully pushing voluntary termination forms in the faces (literally) of team members who want time to think if they can really have completely open availability 24/7 for a part time job. It makes me physically sick.

1-800-HOTLINE BLING

My store has been pushing out older people for years, cutting their hours and writing them up for bs. I could count on one hand the number of people over age 50 at my store by the time I left. It’s one of the main reasons that I lost confidence in the STL.

The STL actually said someone was too fat to do the job.

The last Q4 I was tasked with training a new CA. That wasn't a problem... but the fellow being morbidly obese was a bit of a hindrance. He wasn't overweight, he wasn't just obese, he was morbidly obese. He would operate the cart pusher on turtle.

TURTLE!!!

I'll say it! He was TOO FAT to do the job. If that ain't PC, too bad.

No one In our building has open availability lol

Exactly what position was someone "too fat" to do the job?

The last Q4 I was tasked with training a new CA. That wasn't a problem... but the fellow being morbidly obese was a bit of a hindrance. He wasn't overweight, he wasn't just obese, he was morbidly obese. He would operate the cart pusher on turtle.

TURTLE!!!

I'll say it! He was TOO FAT to do the job. If that ain't PC, too bad.

I mean, it isn't PC, but there *are* certain jobs that this is applicable to.

I watch and see the attitude shift towards older and minority workers. So you are right about that. It's becoming toxic. What makes me wonder is that this shift is arriving right when unemployment is low. I think they want to tap into the millenials who haven't found career openings.

I'm imagining if my store shifted to a negative attitude towards minority workers.

We would have maybe...10 people still working there if we get rid of minority workers.

Our STL said in a meeting that he didn't want "people of a certain age" working in his store at all.. And wanted all of them out by the end of the year and told the TL's to document everyone out as quickly as possible. Two TL's quit in protest.. This STL will get what he asked for but he will probably have an empty store to go along with it we have people quitting left and right. And ETLHR's response to anyone coming to her with issues is to hand them a term form.

We are burning down from the inside out.

Our STL said in a meeting that he didn't want "people of a certain age" working in his store at all.. And wanted all of them out by the end of the year and told the TL's to document everyone out as quickly as possible. Two TL's quit in protest.. This STL will get what he asked for but he will probably have an empty store to go along with it we have people quitting left and right. And ETLHR's response to anyone coming to her with issues is to hand them a term form.

We are burning down from the inside out.
Lavonne Beckford v. Target Corporation - http://beckfordvtarget.blogspot.com/?m=1

Back