MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
So here is what "evolve" means in my current store. If you are over 50, you are gone. If you are handicapped,mentally or physically, you are gone.If you are overweight you are gone...
The STL actually said someone was too fat to do the job. He said someone was too old to fit in. He asked do you really want someone like (handicapped team member) on your team wasting payroll. All respect was lost for this STL the minute he uttered those words
Store modernization to stay afloat? Absolutely. Selling your soul to make a buck? Not in this lifetime. We are all expendable, yes even the cheerleaders and ass kissers. Eventually another new roll out will come and their time will be up. Ugly fact is retail as we know it is gone. Targets grabbing at whatever it can to stay afloat. Bottom line is our demographic (urban, educated but cheap) knows how to shop online and that is the preferred method for them. This is at best at last ditch effort to stay afloat. The ship is sinking and the rats will be the last to abandon right after they throw everyone else off the ship.

Every bit of this is illegal as fuck.
I don't know if there is anyone who would be willing to fight it or if the current administration would be willing to charge Spot but I'm will to bet that a call to the Hotline would get this kind of shit nipped in the bud.
Spot might not have a problem with this as an unspoken policy but they sure as fuck don't want anyone stupid enough to say it out loud.
Even if you can't get a labor suit, a personal lawsuit will work and the court of public opinion especially in this time of social media can kill a company real fast.

I usually don't suggest the Hotline.
It really isn't designed for most situations in a store that can't be handled by going to the HR or STL.
This is one case where a phone call is in order.
Use names, dates, times, quotes, and keep it as reporter like as possible (just the facts, ma'am).
Write everything down that you want to say so you don't forget anything and if you have to editorialize (state your opinion of the situation) wait until the end.
Spot will react but don't expect any magic or anything overnight, corporations don't tend to work that way.
Chances are if the STL et. al. are making the money and hitting the marks, they will just send them for a few workshops.
The important part is it will stop.

My store has been pushing out older people for years, cutting their hours and writing them up for bs. I could count on one hand the number of people over age 50 at my store by the time I left. It’s one of the main reasons that I lost confidence in the STL.
Some of the hardest working team members in our store are those over 50.

I get that target wants to do track lighting and all, however if they want it to be effective they need to turn off some of the main store lights. We have one spotlight on each endcap and you can barely see it.

I get that target wants to do track lighting and all, however if they want it to be effective they need to turn off some of the main store lights. We have one spotlight on each endcap and you can barely see it.

I'd settle for track lights that got adjusted whenever racks/fixtures moved around. Complete waste when not one person in softlines can/will make those adjustments. I'm not the VM, so it's not on me to do it.

I'd settle for track lights that got adjusted whenever racks/fixtures moved around. Complete waste when not one person in softlines can/will make those adjustments. I'm not the VM, so it's not on me to do it.

Yeah, same. My VM-Hardlines is short though, and somehow deluded herself into thinking it's my job.

Thankfully the fixtures for hardlines don't move much. I won't touch softlines. Fuck that.

I just wish there was some sort of Quick Stow app that worked like STO did on the PDA. We have so many errors now because of the former flow team doing their own backstock. Quick LOCU, too.

I'll really miss the PDAs.

I just wish there was some sort of Quick Stow app that worked like STO did on the PDA. We have so many errors now because of the former flow team doing their own backstock. Quick LOCU, too.

I'll really miss the PDAs.
We just got our replacement shipment of mydevices... waiting for defectives, etc to come so we can stop using pda. Can't wait for more cracked screens from being dropped off the wav at 14ft.

We just got our replacement shipment of mydevices... waiting for defectives, etc to come so we can stop using pda. Can't wait for more cracked screens from being dropped off the wav at 14ft.

Ha, they break if you even drop them 1ft.

I don't understand why we didn't get a more modern version of the ruggedized Symbol guns for backroom use. Zebra has a whole line of them.

??? Don’t we have LOCU already in the Audit app?

Another question, ON at my store are told that we are going 4am soon so no more ON. Is this true for every store? I was thinking it was for smaller volume stores. We are AAA. I think there’s gonna be a mass exodus in our store as most in ON have 2nd jobs.

??? Don’t we have LOCU already in the Audit app?

Another question, ON at my store are told that we are going 4am soon so no more ON. Is this true for every store? I was thinking it was for smaller volume stores. We are AAA. I think there’s gonna be a mass exodus in our store as most in ON have 2nd jobs.

Mine was O/N, went to 4am years ago, now going to 6am.

Wail till E2E goes to the General Merchandise (formerly Hardlines). BRLA will tank when almost everyone does their own backstock.

So...... we were on the GM E2E process for the last 6 months. And, not haphazardly. It was strategic. It was given serious priority, as we rolled it out. The STL pulled in each Flow TM and/or Backroom TM to explain their new role as an E2E TM, the shift time-change (6am) and how to relate to Guests while in their dedicated departments. Everyone was "on-board".... with the exception of a few who couldn't make the shift time-change work w/ other schedules (school or other jobs).
Wellllllllll....... we've just been told by our DTL, that E2E will not be continuing in GM. We now have "dedicated" stockers....... AND we have our "dedicated" Backroom Team again. Halleluja !!! Praise Backroom Jesus !!!!!

So...... we were on the GM E2E process for the last 6 months. And, not haphazardly. It was strategic. It was given serious priority, as we rolled it out. The STL pulled in each Flow TM and/or Backroom TM to explain their new role as an E2E TM, the shift time-change (6am) and how to relate to Guests while in their dedicated departments. Everyone was "on-board".... with the exception of a few who couldn't make the shift time-change work w/ other schedules (school or other jobs).
Wellllllllll....... we've just been told by our DTL, that E2E will not be continuing in GM. We now have "dedicated" stockers....... AND we have our "dedicated" Backroom Team again. Halleluja !!! Praise Backroom Jesus !!!!!

As far as I know, backroom is only responsible for beauty and electronics backstock. That is what I read in the Sort & Stock guide.

Back