MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
And, Modernization is a 5 year plan. Who knows what else the next 2 years will bring.
Wouldn’t be the first time it took 2 years for Target to realize they made a serious mistake...

target_canada.jpg

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You're being cheated if you become a GSA and take on TL responsibilities. GSA is not a leadership position and should not be treated like one.

I dont know how they do it at your store but at mine they treat GSAs like leaders, respect them like ones too. We do practically everything as GSTLs except coach and interview. We all have emails, we use to email mainly we talk about how things are running and what we can do to make it run smoother. But my point is at my store, GSAs are viewed same as GSTL just without the TL in the name. We are the managers at the front, when someone says can I speak to your manager we get called. GSTLs and GSAs never get scheduled at same time to watch front, it's always opener mid and closer, and we all have same responsibilities while working aswell. Even when I'm not scheduled as GSA, they're like "Remember you're a leader, even when you're not scheduled as GSA, you're always a GSA, you must lead by example." They see us as TLs in training, helping lead the front end team along side the GSTLs, not just some glorified babysitter while GSTLs tske care of everything else, no we do it all with them, or by ourselves.

I changed my vote. I literally am dreading walking upstairs and into work and am just sitting in my car trying to stay calm. This modernization has become awful. Accountability went out the window. I’ve literally had regular anxiety attacks because I am so stressed outside of work (ETA) and the changes just add to it. I have never seen so many visits to my store ever before. I have seen the DTL almost as much as I’ve seen my ETL! We’re getting visits from the HRBP and GVP. We’re covering our tracks for the visits, and then letting things go again once they step out of the door.

Last edited:
How quick would modernization be back on the drawing board if every store prepped for a visit by leaving the huge piles of backstock and push as is and hanging signs on it that read "BROUGHT TO YOU BY MODERNIZATION"? What are they gonna do, fire everybody?
Right? Writing is on the wall with this. We will be going under mid 2020s unless we get a buyout from amazon. Billions invested in a broken process that is destroying all their store teams and sending all the experienced team members and leads out the door looking for better jobs

so at my store they told flow team that they have push the truck and when they are done backstock there department. So what happens to the backroom team with this modernization? i heard they get eliminated as well, but what will they do? i feel once this modernaization is 100% done deal it's going to cut everybody's hours. what's with plano? i hear it will get eliminated as well , but reading here some store are keeping it.

so at my store they told flow team that they have push the truck and when they are done backstock there department. So what happens to the backroom team with this modernization? i heard they get eliminated as well, but what will they do? i feel once this modernaization is 100% done deal it's going to cut everybody's hours. what's with plano? i hear it will get eliminated as well , but reading here some store are keeping it.
My backroom will be pulling/ pushing/ backstocking autofills. Steel captain will be doing any pipo from the truck as well. Nobody is getting cut yet that I've heard.

That's why I want to know what happens with backroom team members. My store ain't telling us anything. A lot of us who are getting are position eliminated want to know where they are putting us when this all goes into effect.

That's not the modernization process though, right? Each department team is supposed to be pulling, pushing, and backstocking their own autofills, I thought.
I don't believe it's modernization, but it's how we are implementing it. When most stores got rid of backroom, pog, signing we kept them through creative scheduling.

My backroom will be pulling/ pushing/ backstocking autofills. Steel captain will be doing any pipo from the truck as well. Nobody is getting cut yet that I've heard.
I fucking swear there is an army of morons who HOPE the backroom team gets eliminated. Same army of morons who won't keep up BRLA (if that metric even matters anymore wtf) and won't "own" their own areas in the back or front end like they should. I like the idea of the new system I just hate the idea of the dumbasses I know who will be in charge of certain areas. Hopefully they can target those individuals and performance them out legitimately. If not...oh god.

So I'm basically out of my job as it is now, come Q1, maybe earlier.

At least I have a deadline for jobhunting now.
honestly you probably wont lose hours..they will just replace what you do now with a diff department and you'll probably even be wanted to train people to set planos and aisles. Your knowledge of setting an aisle and how to manage the inventory and capacity is more invaluable than you think. Remind your TLs if they don't know. A legit presentation TM is so valuable for the new process.

That sounds more like the hybrid end-to-end shit that some districts started pushing last year, when they had no real specific directions to do it. When my old store did it last year, some of the backroom team quit and the rest went to the grocery team. Then of course the STL had a change of heart halfway through 4th quarter and had to scramble to assemble a new backroom team to help recover.

My store is planning on rolling them into SFS.
That’s definitely the best idea. They should be at least somewhat trained already, and SFS seems to be expanding rabidly.

I fucking swear there is an army of morons who HOPE the backroom team gets eliminated. Same army of morons who won't keep up BRLA (if that metric even matters anymore wtf) and won't "own" their own areas in the back or front end like they should. I like the idea of the new system I just hate the idea of the dumbasses I know who will be in charge of certain areas. Hopefully they can target those individuals and performance them out legitimately. If not...oh god.
WElcome to Oh god.

Our backstock team still comes in at 6, pulls the autofills, then moves to sfs. Double truck days they help push truck. That and price/Plano/signing still exist. Otherwise everything else has been modernized.

Last edited:
Back