MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I can't recall who asked, but I checked and found out that only 2 stores are remaining with an Overnight process and will be re-evaluated again next year against the new process. These 2 stores are #1 and #4 in total volume in the company and are 2 miles from each other. (You know who you two are...)

If they cut overnight from those two, then they truly don't give a fuck.

I can't believe T1040 wont have overnight

we had our corporate visit to make sure we are doing this correctly.
I heard that we need 16 team member every day to keep it going at the new process.

WTF, we don't even have 16 flow team members and cannot keep any new team members.

16 TM @ 4 hrs/day. Or, 16 TM with full on 8 hour shifts?

I can't recall who asked, but I checked and found out that only 2 stores are remaining with an Overnight process and will be re-evaluated again next year against the new process. These 2 stores are #1 and #4 in total volume in the company and are 2 miles from each other. (You know who you two are...)
Any idea the $ volume you’ll need to do to keep at least 4am next year?

Any idea the $ volume you’ll need to do to keep at least 4am next year?
I'm going to assume A volume if not AA. We're B and comping mad numbers but shoved from 4am with the new process. It's hurting the team as many have second jobs so limited availability as the day goes... we're not sure it will revert for 4th quarter this year either.

That being said the new truck process seems to be working ok. Still sitting on a truck or two worth of push on pallets... plus two trucks worth of backstock but the push process with U-boats is going well.

I'm going to assume A volume if not AA. We're B and comping mad numbers but shoved from 4am with the new process. It's hurting the team as many have second jobs so limited availability as the day goes... we're not sure it will revert for 4th quarter this year either.

That being said the new truck process seems to be working ok. Still sitting on a truck or two worth of push on pallets... plus two trucks worth of backstock but the push process with U-boats is going well.
We came “clean” for the first time in over a year.... and I say “clean” because we finished all the freight from the two trucks that day but are still sitting on about 20 pallets of softlines and pallets of PIPO everywhere

If you have access to SAP, you should be able to order office supplies by typing Office Depot in the search and it gives you a link to Office Depot Punch catalog. Then this link opens up the Office Depot website.
Unless you have an Office depot in miles from you then you just bribe them with starbucks. ;)

For me it's working pretty well. The truck unload takes 3 hours tops when I'm there, 4 when I'm not. The repacks are a pain in the ass but all the work we do during the unload translates into huge time savings on the floor. Soft lines is half a day behind, backroom is half a day behind because the BRTL hasn't back stocked the baby for furniture in the new location(refused). Recieving is a work in progress, worst thing about it right now is loss of space for pipos and transition since they took the 3 storage trucks away, black Friday is gonna be interesting.
Yesterday was a small easy truck, so I just followed up with my team and made sure they were gonna finish. If they finished early then I would send them to push some old stuff which isn't much left since I was on vacation last week. I spent the rest of the day cleaning and sorting receiving since it wasn't set up properly while I was gone. The second GML comes up to me and says "why are you not pushing with the team?". I asked him why i needed to push with them when the truck was a small truck with absolutely zero excuses not to finish and receiving was higher priority since it is the hub of the store.

Last edited:

Are you sure about that?

Store close to me makes over 100million a year. Is the only store in the area to stay overnight. This is in r400

We came “clean” for the first time in over a year.... and I say “clean” because we finished all the freight from the two trucks that day but are still sitting on about 20 pallets of softlines and pallets of PIPO everywhere
Ugh. That's gross. The one book aisle is full of red repacks. Has been for a week... it's gross.

We had the company come down and visit us on the pilot and give us some feedback. A few notes as follows.
-Removing Pricing & Pog team will happen 2019 (this is a for sure thing as they are already trying out new MD strategy for it and transition mapping)
Stores are trying out configurations with BRTM's and no BRTMS, Unloaders should be your GMTM's that go to their departments after unload (this has changed since HQ found out it will cost way too much to retool the DC processes)
-Tech & Beauty Lead is gone for good (not sure if this was mentioned here) the Leader over Specialty will oversee them directly
-A&A and Tech no longer unload or sort the truck, GM now handles the process (Tech is strictly guest facing, softlines only pushes the merch)

Growing pains aside, the pilot has worked well in our district. we have more payroll to work with, truck gets done, and we have at minimum 8 tms on the floor as openers daily (vs the 1 we had before) we are a B volume store. The trick is work ahead on pog and pricing, or be strategic and work some of it late. Our Director has been good on us setting when we can little by little as long as its done.

Back