MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
That's why I want to know what happens with backroom team members. My store ain't telling us anything. A lot of us who are getting are position eliminated want to know where they are putting us when this all goes into effect.

When my store rolled out HL E2E , the BRTMs became Flow/Salesfloor TMs so they could maintain their early morning hours. One went to Toys, one to HBA, one to Paper/Chem and another to Market. Prior to this, the STL made time for each TM behind closed doors to explain the changes and how it impacted each TM. Most TMs went along with the new strategy. The STL is a fair person, and did her best to accommodate each TM, wherever possible. And, yes..... sometimes these TMs had SFS shifts too.
*Fast forward: It was deemed a "failed process" 6 months later...... and those TMs are back to being BRTMs. Thank God ! I missed them while they were "gone".

I'm price change and dreading the change. They took softlines away a few weeks ago, they are now 3 weeks or so behind on their workload. It's making me crazy. I know that hardlines is supposed to be my main concern now, but I took pride in my work and it depresses me so much that it's not getting done. We were told that backroom should pull our workload when we tell them, but they don't so it gets backed up for days and when they finally do pull a few pallets worth of work for us they yell at us because we don't have time to get to it. We lost our staging area because the line is always set and there is the new softlines breakout area. We also lost use of the alcove and everything in there is being condensed into the backroom. I don't want to be absorbed into hardlines, I would rather go back to Flex but I don't think I have that option. So now I'm looking elsewhere for work. So many good people have quit at our store in the last 3 month it's just not the same place anymore.

Our backstock team still comes in at 6, pulls the autofills, then moves to sfs. Double truck days they help push truck. That and price/Plano/signing still exist. Otherwise everything else has been modernized.
first day for me in this process...had a TL help with OPU and I killed out my own autos, cleaned up the backroom and got full kudos from the boss lady. Hell of a new process but I love the new backstock team thing. The hours aren't in my favor but it's not as bad as it seems.

I'm price change and dreading the change. They took softlines away a few weeks ago, they are now 3 weeks or so behind on their workload. It's making me crazy. I know that hardlines is supposed to be my main concern now, but I took pride in my work and it depresses me so much that it's not getting done. We were told that backroom should pull our workload when we tell them, but they don't so it gets backed up for days and when they finally do pull a few pallets worth of work for us they yell at us because we don't have time to get to it. We lost our staging area because the line is always set and there is the new softlines breakout area. We also lost use of the alcove and everything in there is being condensed into the backroom. I don't want to be absorbed into hardlines, I would rather go back to Flex but I don't think I have that option. So now I'm looking elsewhere for work. So many good people have quit at our store in the last 3 month it's just not the same place anymore.
My br price pulls are over a month behind. Sl team is two weeks behind in world. It's horrendous feeling.

My Etl pulled us all today and informed us all of our team members are “pieces of shit” and “need to go”. Love target culture these days

That’s probably how my ETL felt about the TLs she pushed out, although it wasn’t stated in those terms. Guess Fast, Fun and Friendly is truly gone, and it took common sense and decorum with it. 🙄😠😤

I've heard DTLs/GVPs are making the rounds at stores to make sure they're following modernization procedure. So it's not entirely up to the STL, just what the DTL/GVP allows them to get away with.

If the DTL/GVP wants to know what’s really going on they need to make stealth visits, not announce a week ahead when they are coming.🙄

With the modernization pilot, a lot is left up to the stores to determine what works. In theory, Corporate will look at what's actually working in the pilot stores and then bring it company wide.

In theory.

Did you mean "In work?" :confused:

As in two weeks behind on completing pricing workload?
Yuppers. We did not do any work except truck one week as a store, since we had 9 trucks all over 2k.

Style is usually behind 3 days minimum, often a week on a regular basis.

How do you do this? I saw this mention on workbench but I couldn't find out how to order anything from Office Depot.
If you have access to SAP, you should be able to order office supplies by typing Office Depot in the search and it gives you a link to Office Depot Punch catalog. Then this link opens up the Office Depot website.

I can't recall who asked, but I checked and found out that only 2 stores are remaining with an Overnight process and will be re-evaluated again next year against the new process. These 2 stores are #1 and #4 in total volume in the company and are 2 miles from each other. (You know who you two are...)

Back