MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Unless the process of store transitions is going to change, you need a dedicated team to perform transitions as we know them.

Maybe everything will be a revision in the future. No more "reset all of grocery in 4 days". I'd love to see 2 TMs experts pull that off

It feels like they already started doing this. Before this last ice cream POG, the last major change in grocery was the last POG rotation before Grocery Operation Model rolled out. After scrolling through my google images, it doesn't look like anything in grocery has really changed since April 2016.

I agree. After the last set the beauty tm and team lead couldn't figure out why the face masks were full, but coming out every pull. I checked the sales floor capacity. 1175. Each. After the Plano TL emailed that they checked and fixed everything.
I purposely take these pogs. That way they are set properly, but also researched and fixed when 200+ of one thing get pulled.

I've also always researched as I 4x4, updated capacity as tm pointed out issues after rests, etc. But like Phish, I was a PA and doing everything myself and doing t right is second nature.

$20 to clean tables?

2h6Nagd.gif

Anyone’s store with LED salesfloor lights have a feature that uses the lights to direct guests to what they’re looking for from the app? I’ve heard of this but not sure if it’s been implemented anywhere yet.

Anyone’s store with LED salesfloor lights have a feature that uses the lights to direct guests to what they’re looking for from the app? I’ve heard of this but not sure if it’s been implemented anywhere yet.
I'm not sure if that's the best idea in the world just because guests can do some pretty dumb stuff and bamn now you have all the lights in one persons eyes and you've blinded them.

Shades of Enders Game?

Follow the green lights to your dormitory! Green like you!

Considering a one bedroom apartment the size of a closet in NYC costs about $2,500.00 a month you need that $20.00 an hour at least.
I have friends who own a 2 bedroom condo in Manhattan and they pay almost $8,000 a month for a thousand square feet.
They pay almost as much as I do a month for my apartment to park their car.
NYC ain't cheap.

you're just mad that I effectively make more per hour than tls or etls.
But back to the original point. If $15 is the minimum in some states soon, like NY good luck paying people that and having them care.

but ya gotta admit the GIF skill is on point :)
Col Potter always maketh the day better

you're just mad that I effectively make more per hour than tls or etls.
But back to the original point. If $15 is the minimum in some states soon, like NY good luck paying people that and having them care.
How much do you think ETLs make? Even new ones make mid $20s per hour if you consider an average work week of 55 hours. Making more doesn’t mean shit if your buying power is reduced. You could make $100 an hour but if a gallon of milk was $20 (as a baseline) are you really ‘making more’?

How much do you think ETLs make? Even new ones make mid $20s per hour if you consider an average work week of 55 hours. Making more doesn’t mean shit if your buying power is reduced. You could make $100 an hour but if a gallon of milk was $20 (as a baseline) are you really ‘making more’?

I think 55 hours is a stretch. 45 is tops for my ETL group.

I've also always researched as I 4x4, updated capacity as tm pointed out issues after rests, etc.

I teach my Hardlines and SFS teams to do this. We have a white board that they put the dcpi of the items they had to INF down onto. Some TMs have more authority than others on researching things out. If SFS can't find it on the floor and it's not received or pulled that day they are to update the sales floor quantity. I don't care if there is push in the backroom from 2 days ago, there is nothing on the sales floor.

I teach my Hardlines and SFS teams to do this. We have a white board that they put the dcpi of the items they had to INF down onto. Some TMs have more authority than others on researching things out. If SFS can't find it on the floor and it's not received or pulled that day they are to update the sales floor quantity. I don't care if there is push in the backroom from 2 days ago, there is nothing on the sales floor.
Just have them pull the INF report at the end of their shift, it's faster.

IDK. It depends on the ETL. I can tell you our ETL Logistics definitely works more than 45 hpw as does our ETL SF/GE. Now HR? ...eh.

It also depends on whats going on. Now is our dead period and the average ETL works maybe.... 35-40 hours (granted, we are a perfect store). LOG typically works more but they start at a higher base because of that and the early morning schedule. Now come Q4, sure they are doing 55 at a minimum. I knew one ETL that was pushing the 65-70 hour range around that time.

Considering a one bedroom apartment the size of a closet in NYC costs about $2,500.00 a month you need that $20.00 an hour at least.
I have friends who own a 2 bedroom condo in Manhattan and they pay almost $8,000 a month for a thousand square feet.
They pay almost as much as I do a month for my apartment to park their car.
NYC ain't cheap.

I know you know this, but this situation would still be untenable. Paying 70% of your income to rent in a demographic like NYC is asking for eventual homelessness. Anywhere, actually.

But to be fair, she didn't specify NYC, just NY.

Any store under 75million will go 4am. But from my understanding, all pilot stores are going 4am.
My store is part of the pilot and we make 82 million. They already shifted from 10pm to 11pm, but if f they change it to 4am. It’ll be a nightmare in the morning.

I closed tonight, and my eyes are still rolling around in my head over the email I just read. I said I didn't have faith in my Service and Engagement Leader to handle this well. I wish I had been wrong. It doesn't appear we're being given the option to change workcenters.

I don't think all the changes are bad. I just don't think my specific leader is executing them well. (And I can't be specific because doing so will out me.)

Last edited:
Back