MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Haven't read this entire thread, (56 pages and counting) so I will just ask. Are they doing away with Backroom Team Leaders. Or "downsizing" you all at least? I'm just curious because I heard through the grapevine and know Breakroom will let me know if this is fact or fiction...

Haven't read this entire thread, (56 pages and counting) so I will just ask. Are they doing away with Backroom Team Leaders. Or "downsizing" you all at least? I'm just curious because I heard through the grapevine and know Breakroom will let me know if this is fact or fiction...
I would like to know what happens to the Flow TL, the Backroom TL and the Presentation TL. Who unloads trucks, does the BR audit, the 12 steps?

Ours went bye bye. Each “department “ is responsible for backstocking, outs, signing, pog and some unload just to get the freight off the line. Departments near the front will help cashier. And sell, sell, sell. Sunday ad? Good morning. Early morning unload? Nope. You’re gonna start that unload at 7 with maybe 4 people. If you’re lucky. Tales from the Super.

Lol, this reminds me of last week, when I was scheduled to do the Audit... We ended up receiving 315 repacks.

The LOD, ended up doing the audit so I could focus on push. (There were 3-4 of us).
Our GSTL's are supposed to be monitoring and servicing the guests. Just one C/O has them covering breaks and lunches for most of the day.

I think Flow and Backroom TLs become General Merchandise Leads, with Logistics ETLs becoming General Merchandise Leaders. Could depend on what the store does and does not need though.

They haven't gotten the BR audit on Zebras yet, have they? Still need that, along with some form of location management.
I haven’t seen anyone at my store work an “Audit Batch” since the release of these zebras. (Funny because I remember at one time that was a metric tied to Location Accuracy) But hey I’m just a little pion that’s been here awhile. What do vets with Spot know right? :rolleyes:

Even if people say "yes" to your question
I haven’t seen anyone at my store work an “Audit Batch” since the release of these zebras. (Funny because I remember at one time that was a metric tied to Location Accuracy) But hey I’m just a little pion that’s been here awhile. What do vets with Spot know right? :rolleyes:

I think nowadays, it is more linked to INF's from SFS/SPU. Which honestly isn't a bad idea. SFS, creating the in-stocks batches (as long as they are good TMs ffs).

ASANTS on this most likely, but I just got promoted to a general merchandise lead, who will be overseeing the truck, backroom, and SFS processes, where our other general merchandise lead is handling hardlines processes, pricing, presentation, and instocks for the gm area

They haven't gotten the BR audit on Zebras yet, have they? Still need that, along with some form of location management.

Just curious... how do you do br audit? Or those form of location management? I'm not really sure if it is really how I was taught. I was told to locu each location in a section and restow the items in where they are really located. Then print the empty location report and view if everything empty spot is empty (making sure not to miss anything). Is that how br audit works?

Also I have a question about Audit app. I was told before to use audit to locu a location. If I use a zebra to locu, would the system think that there was an item there before and I locu'd it bec it was really empty instead? I mean will it think that there was a ghost there?

The 'some' error could be experienced when we were still using the PDAs. The easiest fix is when you get to a location that doesn't have the item your looking for is too just exit your batch and re enter the batch as this will update and check the BR Locs again.

In my test it was still creating the error when exiting and re-enter. If you scanned the shelf barcode it was creating the error. If you exited before scanning anything it wouldn't. Next time check, it just moves the "some" error to the end of the list of locations. Tried it over multiple days with different devices even as recently as last week.

Their are two work around and both are convoluted. One is go to a different location or on the floor and do a take from that location/update floor counts. The method is close the app, open the app skip over the location, close the app, do a take in my work, open the app again. "some" error avoided.

Have you had issues with Audit not updating capacities in Mywork or blocking the update but if you do the cap change in mywork its already updated in Audit?

I've only done the capacity change in MyWork because that's what I'm in most of the time.

I've had Audit block lots of updates though. Recently Audit has been lagging horribly.

Last edited:
backup response hierarchy:

1. Cashiers
2. Cashiers doing tasks (reshop, Bullseye's Playground, etc)
3. FOS Attendants (unless we are low on carts -- personally I try not to call the FOS Attendant up to backup :oops:)
4. Hardlines
5. Softlines

if we're this far down the list or Hardlines and Softlines don't have many TMs scheduled another lead or leader should be watching the lanes. usually that's the LOD.

6. Market/Beauty (can be called up based on that day's schedule, but more often than not it will be Market before Beauty because there's usually more than one person in Market except for closing)
7. Electronics/Starbucks (if they have double coverage)
8. HR (literally only seen this happen once when there was a lot of call ins)

generally team leads and ETLs will jump on a lane if they're near the front when sh*t hits the fan, and one of the things I liked about my old STL was that because he didn't like calling specialty TMs to backup, he would often be the first to respond for backup when he wasn't LOD

I turned into the sfs lead.

Not sure why we can't just drop a batch for those things though (.. or can we? Would be so much easier).

You can for discontinued... Although it must have a salefloor locations. Once I was 12 stepping hba and had 4 pages of dcode.. dropped like 6-9batches to pull with mydevice and then only had a couple with no location. Let's say you hba is in b1-b10 all you do is search for B1..click on the pogs and then drop decode batches... They should show up under move with w/e name you chose.

There may be hope for us after all. My TL dropped a hint about Plano Team going away this Summer, only to be re-branded as a different team. He also hinted at the creation of a VML counterpart for Hardlines. (This position I imagine, would be much of what we all already did as Signing TM's, but with a hefty raise).

Anyone else hear anything about this?

Im new here, I get my hours, but who can't see this hour choking isn't just a way to weed out the elderly and those who don't/barely speak English...

I don't know about your store, but mine was a family... Now nothing is getting completed with this new roll out and the store has turned for the worst I've seen it in many years

There may be hope for us after all. My TL dropped a hint about Plano Team going away this Summer, only to be re-branded as a different team. He also hinted at the creation of a VML counterpart for Hardlines. (This position I imagine, would be much of what we all already did as Signing TM's, but with a hefty raise).

Anyone else hear anything about this?

I haven't heard this yet..... but more and more of Hardlines is requiring a "visual touch". Being a VM(L, TL, ?), I would love to have the Brand Team back in place !!!!! I'd be happy to have a few in A&A, and in Hardlines. It was such a great pre-bench position. And there should be elevated pay to account for seniority, leadership skills, and owning their business. I miss Brand.

I haven't heard this yet..... but more and more of Hardlines is requiring a "visual touch". Being a VM(L, TL, ?), I would love to have the Brand Team back in place !!!!! I'd be happy to have a few in A&A, and in Hardlines. It was such a great pre-bench position. And there should be elevated pay to account for seniority, leadership skills, and owning their business. I miss Brand.
I am a brand tm for hardlines (pilot modernization). Elevated pay would be nice to go with the elevated expectations.

I am a brand tm for hardlines (pilot modernization). Elevated pay would be nice to go with the elevated expectations.

My "former" Brand TMs are still in A&A...there's 3 of them, but their "titles" didn't transfer w/ E2E. Once Modernization was introduced, the entire Team was treated equally, sharing ALL facets of the department. I still rely on the former BTMs to be our Learning Mentors for new hires. They are still the backbone of the department. I feel strongly that their pay should reflect that. So, until the "equal pay" fiasco flatlines..... all I an do is offer the former BTMs a "routine" schedule and 40 hours. It's the best perk/respect I can give them.

My "former" Brand TMs are still in A&A...there's 3 of them, but their "titles" didn't transfer w/ E2E. Once Modernization was introduced, the entire Team was treated equally, sharing ALL facets of the department. I still rely on the former BTMs to be our Learning Mentors for new hires. They are still the backbone of the department. I feel strongly that their pay should reflect that. So, until the "equal pay" fiasco flatlines..... all I an do is offer the former BTMs a "routine" schedule and 40 hours. It's the best perk/respect I can give them.
Your TMs are so lucky. I'm also a former brand TM turned A&A learning mentor and I get chaos schedules and 12 hours a week, consistently less than all the people I'm training.

Back