MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
But my store is getting rid of dedicated task teams in January. What’s the point if they are coming back? Thanks @no nix nein
Has anyone else heard about this change?

My store is half assing it by taking away the titles or say pricing or pog and then just letting those people continue to do those jobs while under hardlines or softlines hours.

So are there any test stores that actually rolled out the depts setting their own pogs and Hardlines areas doing their own price change? I haven’t seen anyone discuss it. I know how Softlines price changes “are/nt” going.

When it happened for hardlines, nothing got done just nothing.. They had like 3,000 labels to update before they thought it might be a good idea to schedule someone on the regular to do hardlines pricing..

Now maybe i'm slow but if there is no BRTL and everyone is end to end then BRLA is and will continue to go to shit. The backroom team gets it because they pull and backstock but our leadership just wants it located. Fill groups don't matter, sealed casepacks don't matter, rubber banding doesn't matter, groupings don't matter and safety due to rushing because if "times" is non existent. My store hasn't done all the changes and we struggle. 2 Auto pullers 6am-10am a mid 10-6:15(current TL) and 6p-10p...the mid is expected to do all the truck backstock...someone drank way too much stupid juice creating this process

All of a sudden they want us overnight for 2 weeks...any one else?

But hours are still cut right ??

I’m off today but I bet that’s also happening at my store.
We are so far behind still have a full area of bullseyes playground STOd of 90% off Christmas

Also need to start setting seasonal with chemicals HBA and food.
we just sweep back 3 pallets of stove top stuffing. Had to pull all out of the STOd shelves and palletize

Modernization has killed our BRLA, we just dropped below 80% and haven't been above 90% in months. The 3 lowests percentages come from the sections that BR has no input in anymore (beauty, electronics, and softlines)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hours are still cut yes and rumor has it that BRLA is one of the reasons that a lot of BIG changes are happening. Cant elaborate without giving too much info though.
The problem is that modernization doesnt work with BRLA because BRLA requires people who either know how to stock and Care, or are dedicated back there. Neither is possible until they admit this failed.

Electronics and Beauty are not supposed to be doing their own backstock. That allows them to stay in their work center.

Yet no one is scheduled for backroom to take care of backstock so it just piles up like crazy until you have 30+ vehicles of both beauty and electronics/entertainment barfing out of the electronics lock up and they wonder why that teams can't find shit!

During our SFS/OPU shut down I have pulled and backstocked god knows how many vehicles of crap, getting that stockroom back to what it should be.. Only to take a day off and come back to a shit show..

And BRLA is in the toilet when pulling a STAT auto, you shouldn't be in every single stock room cause there are items in PLUG, TOY1, and SEA1.

Hours are still cut yes and rumor has it that BRLA is one of the reasons that a lot of BIG changes are happening. Cant elaborate without giving too much info though.
If you can answer yes or no, are these changes to what we're doing in the pilot? (If you can't answer, no problem. I don't want to get anyone into trouble.)

Couldn't believe how fast seasonal merch went 90% this year. I guess they unearthed tons languishing in back rooms.

Yet no one is scheduled for backroom to take care of backstock so it just piles up like crazy until you have 30+ vehicles of both beauty and electronics/entertainment barfing out of the electronics lock up and they wonder why that teams can't find shit!

During our SFS/OPU shut down I have pulled and backstocked god knows how many vehicles of crap, getting that stockroom back to what it should be.. Only to take a day off and come back to a shit show..

And BRLA is in the toilet when pulling a STAT auto, you shouldn't be in every single stock room cause there are items in PLUG, TOY1, and SEA1.
Just wait till it's time to do inventory prep.

If you can answer yes or no, are these changes to what we're doing in the pilot? (If you can't answer, no problem. I don't want to get anyone into trouble.)

Couldn't believe how fast seasonal merch went 90% this year. I guess they unearthed tons languishing in back rooms.
Sadly no it appears it's due to us being one of the rougher districts and it's only for 2 weeks.

Electronics and Beauty are not supposed to be doing their own backstock. That allows them to stay in their work center.
At our store they are supposed to. Each team is in charge of their own product. And since we only have one person at a time scheduled in the BR at my store we don't have time to do the modernization teams backstock.

I was in the backroom today and found merch still in boxes that are 90%.

Back