MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Electronics and Beauty are not supposed to be doing their own backstock. That allows them to stay in their work center.
My store has had the big remodel so now our electronics br is across the store and beauty has their own br as well. So they all do their own back stocking with some help from the main br dedicated stockers.

What are others stores doing with beauty and electronics? We had one TL overseeing both. Since that failed they are now going to redistribute how hardlines is split between our 4 TLs....I guess it will be 5 when they demolish the POG team.

trolling the Target Facebook "Community" page today and saw this .....

Screen-Shot-2019-01-10-at-4-32-35-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2019-01-10-at-4-33-56-PM.png

Honestly, pallets on the floor are much better for guests than several Uboats. Pallet it up. Get 2-3 TMs to work it out. And, then get that palllet off the floor. Simple. Fast. Easy. And, then we move on to the next one.

The no pallet rule when guests are there is stupid. There aren't enough vehicles, so the product sits on the floor or pallets in the back. Before pushing it, I have to find a vehicle. Put some of the product on the vehicle and then push that vehicle out. Rinse and repeat endlessly. Real efficient when it's fucking home furnishing.

Honestly, pallets on the floor are much better for guests than several Uboats. Pallet it up. Get 2-3 TMs to work it out. And, then get that palllet off the floor. Simple. Fast. Easy. And, then we move on to the next one.

The no pallet rule when guests are there is stupid. There aren't enough vehicles, so the product sits on the floor or pallets in the back. Before pushing it, I have to find a vehicle. Put some of the product on the vehicle and then push that vehicle out. Rinse and repeat endlessly. Real efficient when it's fucking home furnishing.
I’ve seen many pallets on our floor with only one TM working it.

Last edited:
Pallets on the floor because the backroom is a mess and has pallets and flats covering every available spot as well.

Just wondering how they break up the areas of responsibility in other stores. Communication around this at my store is crap. No one knows what is going to happen.

Back