MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
We have been through a Q4 and BTS absolute hell. You cannot handle multiple trucks with this system by scheduling dayside hours.
As far as lighting goes, there are absolutely stores where the lighting would save money. There was an occasion where I was walking out with the LOD, who had armed and turned off the lights. When we got outside, we double checked the doors were locked, and one of them ended up being broken. So I went in to get a bike lock to use overnight until a repair vendor could service it. I can tell you, 15 minutes after the LOD armed, the entire store went pitch black, to the point where I had to use the flashlight on my phone to see in front of me. The only lights left on in the building were at the checklanes. So ASANTS, but there are stores where it's absolutely going to save money.

Also, in terms of Modernization, the comparison to Canada is rather stupid. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's going to turn out well. It could, it could not. But even looking at the results so far... from what I can remember, every single Canadian store failed. Because it was absolutely a process issue. But with Modernization, the fact that corporate can speak to any stores at all succeeding means that it isn't necessarily an issue with the process itself--it could be in how stores are reacting to it, and their poor implementation and attitude towards it. It could also be a terrible idea, but I'm just saying that we don't have enough information to know which it is. Since we have to deal with it regardless, it wouldn't hurt to just actually try it out with an open mind. It might just work out. If it doesn't, it just means your suspicions were right, but honestly, that's not really the result that would be the best for anyone here, so I'm not sure why anyone would want that.

Let's see, my comparison has been called stupid and obnoxious. But whatever.

The stores didn't fail. The process for distributing
If you aren't doing anything wrong, they can't prove that they would have terminated you otherwise.

For example, they could fire anyone in my store for not reporting the fire tunnel is blocked. Ethically, we are supposed to report it. Boom. See ya.

I was just promoted to the front, the post modernization title I was told is guest relations team lead, I was told it’s comparable to the GSTL position. Has anyone heard of that title? Everything I’ve read in here and reddit never mentions it, just SELs or GSTL.

I was just promoted to the front, the post modernization title I was told is guest relations team lead, I was told it’s comparable to the GSTL position. Has anyone heard of that title? Everything I’ve read in here and reddit never mentions it, just SELs or GSTL.

Who told you about this position?

Yeah that’s what I figured, but wanted to run it by other people
Yeah just like how Apparel leads are now called Style leads, and Hardlines General Merch. People still use the old titles on the walkie and nobody cares, just on paper and on workbench that's what the roles are called lol.

Backroom is going away yet I have interviews set up to hire 3 backroom TM's...WTF did I miss?

If your store is anything like mine...they know how much people dislike backroom and don't think they can get away with asking regular TMs to do br stuff. They might just...not title them backroom.

We can agree to disagree. I can just speak for my store. I have been doing this MANY years and we shut off the lights when we leave at night. No it doesn’t have anything to do with arming the store but the option to turn off the lights is on the alarm panel at my store and gets done at the same time as arming the building. Like another poster said- 15 minutes after that the store goes completely dark. We have just a few lights on and the lights are on but dimmed between the inner doors and outer doors. When the opening LOD walks in the lights kick on to the 50% or so until 8am. I have been the opening LOD many times to see this as well as have come in with my exec at 2am and they’ve kicked back on when we walked in. Of course maybe store’s alarm panels aren’t the same or their districts don’t have them turn off the lights at night but ours does.
Not all stores are alarm set-lights off. Only stores that are on this program do it. I was LOd for two different stores. One lights off and one lights on. Even when they stay on it’s just the overheads and just at like 25-50%. One store was overnight, but when they switched to 4am, we still left the lights on.

oh you are new here aren't you?

If this company can force out ADA special needs people without repercussions then drop kicking some one for talking about working conditions will not even make them think twice about it. they won't even break a sweat when shoving you out the door.
As an HR professional, I know everything there is to know about ADA. That has nothing to do with section 7 rights. But anything can happen if you let it. Filing complaints with DOL, EEOC, NLRB...that's how to effectively fight these types of backdoor terms. Bitching about it on an online forum does nothing.

Back