MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I’m not sure if this question has been asked yet, or answered. How does modernization effect development? Specifically, how does it affect TM’s/GSA’s who are on the bench to be TL? Would those said people be placed in any additional roles added to stores based on store needs, or will they be told “oh yeah no sorry not gonna happen?”

There will still be ways to get promoted up. We're still going to need TL's. I see a good place for bench candidates base model in electronics and beauty. Specialty sales departments that own an end to end process with no team lead. Good way to prove youve got what it takes to lead. :)

This the last of the pics i have

Attachments

• 0BCC6AF7-8556-41CF-A5A1-3634753C9712.jpeg
    0BCC6AF7-8556-41CF-A5A1-3634753C9712.jpeg
    766.1 KB · Views: 331
  • 051DB2CA-6B68-4B82-BEEB-15632FCEE150.jpeg
    051DB2CA-6B68-4B82-BEEB-15632FCEE150.jpeg
    562.3 KB · Views: 328
  • DB943202-BEB9-406C-A112-E315C1B2C546.jpeg
    DB943202-BEB9-406C-A112-E315C1B2C546.jpeg
    760.2 KB · Views: 335
  • 513C72FC-520E-4EFF-89A7-CA584EAB27A5.jpeg
    513C72FC-520E-4EFF-89A7-CA584EAB27A5.jpeg
    647 KB · Views: 326
  • 63F9BAE2-53FA-4FCD-B49D-549EA660A4CF.jpeg
    63F9BAE2-53FA-4FCD-B49D-549EA660A4CF.jpeg
    658.8 KB · Views: 325
  • E21970F3-C801-42C0-AF54-AC0976C7D8C3.jpeg
    E21970F3-C801-42C0-AF54-AC0976C7D8C3.jpeg
    613.8 KB · Views: 327
I thought the term ETL had been phased out. Aren't they the Leaders and the next level down is a Lead..? Or are we back to having ETLs and Leaders (not leads).

It's back to ETL and Team Leads. Now if they could just realize all these changes are as stupid as we all know they are, we'd be good.

not until Mr Pepsi pops his golden parachute and they get another stooge to take his place. and then hours will be cut even more to make up fo the fact we'll have to fund another golden parachute.

This the last of the pics i have
So there’s still a team lead that oversees transitions but then still has ownership of areas? So they are doubling up the work TLs have to do and reducing headcount in probably a good chunk of stores.

Well, I hope they get paid enough and if they don’t smoke or drink they might soon will.

Guys- I need to know what happens to the breakroom in modernization?

I need to know asap....
No more breaks anymore so the break room is now turned into a safe space to cry. Videos of puppy dogs and kittens will play on the TV. Milk and cookies will be served. Time spent and supplies used in the safe space will be deducted from your paycheck. A safe space expert will now own the break room.

No more breaks anymore so the break room is now turned into a safe space to cry. Videos of puppy dogs and kittens will play on the TV. Milk and cookies will be served. Time spent and supplies used in the safe space will be deducted from your paycheck. A safe space expert will now own the break room.
If they could bend the laws, they would do that too. Don't give them more ideas. With the money Target is saving on our expenses with Modernization, they could afford a Gourmet Buffet in the breakroom 24/7

Is there any guide or scheduling suggestion as to how to unload the truck during the new process? Today we had one in the truck, one sorting repacks and working one side of the line, an additional on that side of the line, and one on the other side. So 4 total to get the truck done today. And I've heard they want to get it down to only 3 (1 to unload and one on each side of the line.) The process took way longer then it could if we added more people sorting but with only a few the line backs up so frequently I'm spent just standing in the truck waiting for space for more boxes.

As I was throwing the truck today I thought of how we used to have two on the truck, 6 on the line, two scanners, bowlers, etc. and how much they must be profiting by cutting all these positions and hours. They are about ready to lose me and half the inbound team if things don't change soon and we get more people to help. STL appearing every 10 minutes at the back of the truck, looking in then down at his watch and saying how we need to pick up the pace doesn't help either. What used to be an efficient 45 minute unload is now 3 hours and they want to cut staff even more.

saw this on Facebook Target Community Page ... that page is so full of funnies !!

Screen-Shot-2019-03-31-at-4-29-19-PM.png

Guys- I need to know what happens to the breakroom in modernization?

I need to know asap....

well the drone army is making a go at getting us all to believe that the kool-aid they are trying to ram down our throats is not in fact mind control juice made from the broken dreams and promises of all those TM's that have been performanced out.

so I am guessing that in the end even here won't be safe from the onslaught of modernization.

-- EDIT--

even autocorrect has issues with Target words.

Last edited:
well the drone army is making a go at getting us all to believe that the kool-aid they are trying to ram down our throats is not in fact mind control juice made from the broken dreams and promises of all those TM's that have been performanced out.

so I am guessing that in the end even here won't be safe from the onslaught of modernization.

-- EDIT--

even autocorrect has issues with Target words.

That's deep bro and your words were 👌

Is there any guide or scheduling suggestion as to how to unload the truck during the new process? Today we had one in the truck, one sorting repacks and working one side of the line, an additional on that side of the line, and one on the other side. So 4 total to get the truck done today. And I've heard they want to get it down to only 3 (1 to unload and one on each side of the line.) The process took way longer then it could if we added more people sorting but with only a few the line backs up so frequently I'm spent just standing in the truck waiting for space for more boxes.

As I was throwing the truck today I thought of how we used to have two on the truck, 6 on the line, two scanners, bowlers, etc. and how much they must be profiting by cutting all these positions and hours. They are about ready to lose me and half the inbound team if things don't change soon and we get more people to help. STL appearing every 10 minutes at the back of the truck, looking in then down at his watch and saying how we need to pick up the pace doesn't help either. What used to be an efficient 45 minute unload is now 3 hours and they want to cut staff even more.
You want the sort and stock rollout guide that came out last year

You want the sort and stock rollout guide that came out last year

How can I find that? A few weeks ago we had 5 on the line, then 4, then 3. They are training someone to do flexible fulfillment so when an order comes in we're supposed to continue the truck with just 2 people (3 if you include the one throwing.) It seems like they are just experimenting with how few people they can get away with, all while yelling us how we need to speed things up. It was bad enough throwing the truck in the dead of winter with two people. I can just imagine how one person in there for 2 hours alone in August is going to be.

Back