MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
My ETL has been telling everyone 1 box a minute (60/hour), which is crazy impossible with some of them.

I think my store's in the process of making sure the front end is trained to handle all the positions, because I'm still seeing the same people scheduled as GSA's. Looks like they were the one area of the store completely behind on modernization 🤷‍♂️

Everyone and their dog is a GSA at our store. In fact, I think we have more GSAs than GSTMs or Cashiers. As such, usually the 3-4 scheduled at one time are always on a lane, but will take turns jumping off the lane to speedweave, push, take care of guests on the mobile checkout etc. I can't imagine the hell that will be raised when the GSA position is gone. Lmao.
Now everyone who was a GSTM or a cashier will be considered the GSA. Not a good idea.

I think my store's in the process of making sure the front end is trained to handle all the positions, because I'm still seeing the same people scheduled as GSA's. Looks like they were the one area of the store completely behind on modernization 🤷‍♂️
It takes a while to roll something that big out. Our store is training our front end team slowly on each position, and maintaining the current atmosphere so we aren't just hurled into the darkness. Our store at least plans on switching the positions up starting end of April/beginning of May.

Now everyone who was a GSTM or a cashier will be considered the GSA. Not a good idea.

Not necessarily. I work at a small volume Target Store. Our current Front End consists of 5 long-time (We haven't kept a seasonal in like 2 years) Cashiers, 3 GSTMs, 7 GSAs (Only one is new; I trained them in like October), and the GSTL. We actually have payroll for more Cashiers since 2 retired, but our HR has been putting the spare Cashier shifts on the board for those getting low hours to take instead of hiring. Of those of us who have been constant, we've pretty much all done GSA work before. Just some of ours really, really like the title of GSA a little too much. 😒

My ETL has been telling everyone 1 box a minute (60/hour), which is crazy impossible with some of them.
That’s bullshit. Empty threats, you can’t document someone for not meeting an expectation that literally is mentioned as not being the expectation anymore with the new process lol.

I’m hella confused.

Is the “Service and Engagement Leader” the equivalent to an ETL? When searching for the job posting, it’s under Store Hourly. Or is it the equivalent to a GSTL? Are stores hiring them to perform GSA tasks since that role is leaving? I’m assuming a minor can’t be a “Service and Engagement Leader?”

I’m hella confused.

Is the “Service and Engagement Leader” the equivalent to an ETL? When searching for the job posting, it’s under Store Hourly. Or is it the equivalent to a GSTL? Are stores hiring them to perform GSA tasks since that role is leaving? I’m assuming a minor can’t be a “Service and Engagement Leader?”
It’s the gstl and you have to be 18

Thank you! Do you know if it is mandatory that the GSA role is eliminated?
Yes, it will be non negotiable company policy.

Having said that, it looks like aspects of the role will be moving to sco. Open to close coverage, banking and closing lanes, responding to blinkers etc should be handled by sco in the near future.

Having said that, it looks like aspects of the role will be moving to sco. Open to close coverage, banking and closing lanes, responding to blinkers etc should be handled by sco in the near future.
Thank you! Does that mean if I apply for a GSA position, they would just move me to SCO in the future?

i’ve been moved to sco and i’m still doing all of the stuff i did as a GSA, just with one less team member on my grid (because now i’m the sco)

Nope! Push it without and tell ETL AP you’re gonna need the payroll before you can do their job 😝
This..... I tell my team to protect everything required by target but my AP wants so much extra stuff protected so I told him if he wants so much extra protection he can have one if his four TPS do it. My favorite is him asking me to change the pogs after it’s set to account for extra cases. I told him that’s not happening 😂

This..... I tell my team to protect everything required by target but my AP wants so much extra stuff protected so I told him if he wants so much extra protection he can have one if his four TPS do it. My favorite is him asking me to change the pogs after it’s set to account for extra cases. I told him that’s not happening 😂
I refuse to put something that costs 13$ in a case. I love coming back in and seeing that Ap has cased it after the fact.

My electronics TL was smart and asked us before we set phone cases to account for the protection cases when setting the pegs. I told we would do our best but I'd make no promises because of how tight the pog already was.

And after it was set (using all the same type of case throughout the pog), I pointed out if they were more consistent with which cases they used, the pog wouldn't look so jacked up all the time.

My electronics TL was smart and asked us before we set phone cases to account for the protection cases when setting the pegs. I told we would do our best but I'd make no promises because of how tight the pog already was.

And after it was set (using all the same type of case throughout the pog), I pointed out if they were more consistent with which cases they used, the pog wouldn't look so jacked up all the time.
I definitely try and adjust as I can but sometimes it’s impossible and he just doesn’t get it. Like sorry I’m not adjusting my pog so you can case pop sockets

i’ve been moved to sco and i’m still doing all of the stuff i did as a GSA, just with one less team member on my grid (because now i’m the sco)
The first thing I do when I'm running the front to fend off impending lines is toss my SCO onto a lane. (We haven't started the rollout yet. I think it will be on the new schedule.)

This actually makes me feel a lot better about how it's going to work.

I definitely try and adjust as I can but sometimes it’s impossible and he just doesn’t get it. Like sorry I’m not adjusting my pog so you can case pop sockets

I didn't have to adjust those because they *should* fit with the cases used. BUT only if the plastic hangtag for the case is attached to it which most of ours is not so they end up having to hang from the product hangtag which drops the cases down and looks beyond stupid. Pissed me off so I left that for someone else to fix.

Totally agree with you though, I would not go back after setting to make any of these adjustments.

I didn't have to adjust those because they *should* fit with the cases used. BUT only if the plastic hangtag for the case is attached to it which most of ours is not so they end up having to hang from the product hangtag which drops the cases down and looks beyond stupid. Pissed me off so I left that for someone else to fix.

Totally agree with you though, I would not go back after setting to make any of these adjustments.
This was at another store.... it looked so dumb I had to take a picture. I’m at a pilot store for the new invue locks and cases. We only have two; huge and small

Attachments

• 1E66D708-6002-4123-9A7D-CCD99999036D.jpeg
    1E66D708-6002-4123-9A7D-CCD99999036D.jpeg
    913.6 KB · Views: 224
Back