MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
The disabled guy at our store told me he made $11.35. He has been there 9 years. I was shocked he made less.
This is how target did me, making less than people who lasted only 6 months 😂😂 don't get me wrong, 6 months is a good run in a place like Target 😂😂

We sort all the repacks that have a bit of everything but I never thought about sorting #6 repacks further while still in the backroom. Primary benefit I see here is it allows me to get rid of all the bullseye stuff that also comes in the #6 repacks
Your sort team should be automatically taking all of the Bullseye out during the unload before it gets to you.

As we continue to make changes at my store, none of the inbound TMs yet have been trained on the phones. I'm sure I could easily figure it out but in the meantime I just ignore all the requests for a TM in a department to pick up a call
Same at my store. They have been taught nothing about customer service and probably will not.

Your sort team should be automatically taking all of the Bullseye out during the unload before it gets to you.
Does your store also sort #6 repacks then? I've found that most of the items in these repacks are stationary but there are some bullseye mixed in. Some of the bullseye will be labeled with the yellow bullseye box like the casepack are, but I think most you have to scan it or look at the tag. All boxes that come directly off the truck and are labeled as bullseye or have that location on the pick label go on the vehicle for up front but our sorters don't go through the #6 repacks looking for them

I don''t know that it's going away. My HR has asked up the chain and received no definitive answer about it. We don't have SFS at my store, so doing that in addition to OPU isn't really an option. We're just waiting for answers from corporate about this stuff.

Haha that’s the funniest thing I have read in a while.. “waiting for answers from corporate”.. just don’t hold your breath on it or you will die waiting. Corporate can’t properly communicate anything.

Hey random question!! As far as modernization and team where does everybody’s truck team go? To pp2 areas (home,don, ect) or pp1? (Baby HL, paper chem ect)

So wait, if DBO's as part of mondernization have more responsibilties, doing a lot of what TL's used to be responsible for...what added things or new things, do TL's now have to do? What are their raised expectations? I'm just a regular TM....I'm hoping to become the Toys DBO, but our store hasn't got quite that far yet. Just wondering....

Does your store also sort #6 repacks then? I've found that most of the items in these repacks are stationary but there are some bullseye mixed in. Some of the bullseye will be labeled with the yellow bullseye box like the casepack are, but I think most you have to scan it or look at the tag. All boxes that come directly off the truck and are labeled as bullseye or have that location on the pick label go on the vehicle for up front but our sorters don't go through the #6 repacks looking for them
Yes. We sort EVERY repack on every trailer. And we cut open the little boxes inside. And we average 220-300 repacks per truck. It is tough sometimes but makes the floor push much less frustrating. And after you do it for a while you know where most things go. It is possible.

Hey random question!! As far as modernization and team where does everybody’s truck team go? To pp2 areas (home,don, ect) or pp1? (Baby HL, paper chem ect)

Our sorters almost always leave directly after their shift. If they finish before the 4hrs is up, they'll clean the backroom or help load the sweep.

Occasionally if we are really backed up, they'll help push a few vehicles before they start the unload, and that's just whatever is the most backed up. Sometimes it's PP1 stuff, others PP2, sometimes market, sometimes all of the above.

But rarely have I seen any of them in the building past 10am.

We do alot of what ETLs used to do.

Now you ask what do ETLs do extra now .... And that's a good question.
Starbucks or Bust?
Some one has to make sure the chairs don't roll away from the desks
the clone making process isn't 100% yet and they still need to bathe in the Kool-Aid
it takes a lot of effort to do nothing so they get to take naps?

We do alot of what ETLs used to do.

Now you ask what do ETLs do extra now .... And that's a good question.

ETLs observe. This requires them to get out of their offices for part of the day and, well, observe. They observe how well the TLs are observing the TMs. Then, they go back to their offices and contemplate what they have learned from their observations while sipping the Starbucks they didn't pay for.

ETLs observe. This requires them to get out of their offices for part of the day and, well, observe. They observe how well the TLs are observing the TMs. Then, they go back to their offices and contemplate what they have learned from their observations while sipping the Starbucks they didn't pay for.
Don't forget about them prepping their "special visit" slow motion shots on Twitter or Instagram. They have to time that shiny confetti just right to get the desired effect along with the appropriate stupid face and that takes practice.

I wasn't being funny, or sarcastic, I was being serious. Is there a raised expectation for TL's(and above I guess)? Or is the focus on (regular) TM productivity only?

So its never going to change if they dont even hire someone bazed on disability while feeding them the bullshit line of you dont fit our needs.

So far, I like modernization for the most part. Our push gets done and backroom is a lot more accessible and cleaner than before.

What I don't like (maybe I'm bias) are the DBOs responsibility for plano stuff. I feel it's not efficient bouncing from one work center to the next and having presentation expert train someone each time a DBO quits.

It is not easy to train someone to set cosmetics or heavy display areas like vacuum. I hope HQ decides to give salesplan and revision workload back to plano in the future.

So far, I like modernization for the most part. Our push gets done and backroom is a lot more accessible and cleaner than before.

What I don't like (maybe I'm bias) are the DBOs responsibility for plano stuff. I feel it's not efficient bouncing from one work center to the next and having presentation expert train someone each time a DBO quits.

It is not easy to train someone to set cosmetics or heavy display areas like vacuum. I hope HQ decides to give salesplan and revision workload back to plano in the future.

first off congrats that most things are going well, it is a rare thing to have happen with Store Modernization or what ever buzz word is being used this quarter.

But from personal experience and what a vast majority of people online have been saying:

what did your backroom look like before if it is more accessible now?

first off congrats that most things are going well, it is a rare thing to have happen with Store Modernization or what ever buzz word is being used this quarter.

But from personal experience and what a vast majority of people online have been saying:

what did your backroom look like before if it is more accessible now?

Before our backroom (around 7am) would have about 6 skids/pallet of backstock from the truck, autofills lined up to push, and carts/flat beds of backstock from flow team around store opening time. So it gets pretty packed. As a plano tm, it was really difficult to pull your batches until after lunch.

Now, not much is in the way except for a few uboats that a tm is currently backstocking. Everyone is accountable for what they leave in the backroom. Push and backstock, keep repeating until nothing is left in receiving.

By 3, most if not all of the push is done.

Before our backroom (around 7am) would have about 6 skids/pallet of backstock from the truck, autofills lined up to push, and carts/flat beds of backstock from flow team around store opening time. So it gets pretty packed. As a plano tm, it was really difficult to pull your batches until after lunch.

Now, not much is in the way except for a few uboats that a tm is currently backstocking. Everyone is accountable for what they leave in the backroom. Push and backstock, keep repeating until nothing is left in receiving.

By 3, most if not all of the push is done.
How many trucks a week do you get and how large are the trucks/how long does unload take?

Back