MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Anyone else read the June addendum?
Yes
Edit: We keep being reminded of these Addendums we need to read but when SD is questioned about specifics, the SD claims ignorance. The SD does not lead by example. They all want to be spoon fed, at least that is how it is at my store.

Last edited:
For one thing, now we’re going to have service advocates and checkout advocates. At least that is the way that the guest advocates will be scheduled.

In my store we have 5-6 Plano experts who do Plano and are scheduled in designated areas when there are no hours.

Modernization has worked in my store, and I agree my backroom is cleaner since we don’t leave the backstock or trash for other teams.

The monthly addendums cover everything happening for the month. New roll outs and initiatives, brand launches, storewide trainings, specialty trainings (mostly for beauty), events and demos, transitions/POGs/refreshes, giveaways, and changes to our programs like the new Workday rollout and POS rollout (here’s looking at you, June week 5).

It’s interesting to read about what’s going on in your area as well as other areas you might not normally get to see. It’s easy enough to skim through if you view it in print mode.

June addendum is readable by anyone, it was the Q1, Q2 overall addendums that are only readable by the SD.

Not every TM is given time on the clock to sit at the computer and read it though. I'm curious what "new schedule control by headquarters" means in a practical sense and I'm unlikely going to have the time while working to look at the document.

For one thing, now we’re going to have service advocates and checkout advocates. At least that is the way that the guest advocates will be scheduled.

Well, for the same money, I'd prefer to be a checkout advocate rather than the service advocate that I apparently am.

Ok so before Jack and myself have a conversation since he seems to be an understanding fellow can I get some feedback🥴 So my SD came up with this lovely timeline of 4 hours to zone, pull, push, backstock, price accuracy and salesplanners but my unload team ( most are scheduled 4 hours ) usually use 3 hours to unload our trucks which are an average of 2200 but still assign my team as DBO's which gives them an hour to do the above. How does everyone else schedule for inbound and GM1 cause he is stuck on stupid and doesn't get my argument

Ok so before Jack and myself have a conversation since he seems to be an understanding fellow can I get some feedback🥴 So my SD came up with this lovely timeline of 4 hours to zone, pull, push, backstock, price accuracy and salesplanners but my unload team ( most are scheduled 4 hours ) usually use 3 hours to unload our trucks which are an average of 2200 but still assign my team as DBO's which gives them an hour to do the above. How does everyone else schedule for inbound and GM1 cause he is stuck on stupid and doesn't get my argument
Maybe he should just observe and see how stupid he is.

Back