MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Does it, truly? Just my observation, but the new people catch on fast. They hop onto the technology and grasp it quickly, and that clearly is the future......Many longterm employees still try to scan veggies when checking themselves out. It's sad.
Actually, it's sad when the new people at the checkout lanes don't know how to accurately count out change, or complain that all guests should go cashless. It's sad when new people at the checklanes, instead of going out to the racetrack looking for guests ready to check out, go over to other "guest advocates" and chatter about their personal lives and their personal opinions. It's sad when the new people don't know how to handle the occasional coupon-fanatic who presents a big stack of coupons, of which a few are expired or receive the "red screen" directive not to accept the coupons. It's sad when new people at checkout, presented with a price match challenge, can't distinguish between a fake website with an insanely low price and a legitimate competitor's website with a lower price that's genuine. It's sad when new people endlessly apologize for mistakes made inadvertently by other team members, and in the process of "making it right for the guest" end up being swindled by a dishonest "guest".

One can't entirely blame new employees, the training is minimal and there's not much help from management. My point is, companies need a mix of experienced and entry-level staff in order to operate efficiently and provide the best service. Get rid of all the experienced people = the business is going to lose money, not a good situation.

Oops. I've been auditing every hardlines and market INF unless it says it was received in the last couple of days. Sounds like there's some malicious compliance going on if people are auditing when they know they have stuff in the back. I might even do the same if they handed me one of those micromanaging elementary school worksheets or pressed me about doing audits.

But since this site doesn't exist, I'm gonna have to keep on keeping on until my store tells me otherwise.

I do get one of those lovely little assignment sheets. And I have yet to make it to any auditing at all. Pulls/OOS batches get done, then freight. And that's my whole day.

Occasionally if my pulls are done before truck is finished, I can work on PC for my area but that only happens maybe once a week.

I find myself with some downtime this evening. I circled through the back to check what vehicles were still back there and then set about auditing some problematic sections for OPU that were clean. Apparently, I was not supposed to do that as SDs got an email today. Audits are suspended companywide because DBOs are auditing before they come clean and causing problems. Only SDs and AP are supposed to audit until corporate figures out what to do about it.

*sigh* I kind of feel like a little kid whose had his security blanket taken away.
Former instocks tm heaves deep sighs. How about we just have Audit Experts who audit (and correct capacity and SFQ) all departments on a schedule? I'd raise my hand to do that.

Not if you had a weekly schedule. That's how instocks originally worked. HBO and chems on Monday..... market on Tuesday.... Home and stationary on Wednesday Etc...
No shit. I was Research/Instocks beginning 3 months after it started, about 11 years ago, until the very end of it. I was just saying Spot is no longer doing things that make sense or giving enough hours to anyway come near doing a proper job of anything.

Former instocks tm heaves deep sighs. How about we just have Audit Experts who audit (and correct capacity and SFQ) all departments on a schedule? I'd raise my hand to do that.

Might as well give that job to Presentation Experts. Because there damn sure hasn't been any hours for us lately. Been doing flex for a month now.

Not that I mind doing FF, I just don't see the point of having a job title called Presentation Expert if there are never any hours for them.

Might as well give that job to Presentation Experts. Because there damn sure hasn't been any hours for us lately. Been doing flex for a month now.

Not that I mind doing FF, I just don't see the point of having a job title called Presentation Expert if there are never any hours for them.
Former IS tm's have the experience. There aren't many of us that wouldn't like to be doing it again. At our store, the former presentation team was fantastic at setting pogs.... not so fantastic at following up with capacity, SFQ, and audit.

No shit. I was Research/Instocks beginning 3 months after it started, about 11 years ago, until the very end of it. I was just saying Spot is no longer doing things that make sense or giving enough hours to anyway come near doing a proper job of anything.
Me, too. Started as MPG capt. and then IS until the demise of one of the most essential replenishment teams in the store.... at least ours, where it ran like a well oiled machine.

Former IS tm's have the experience. There aren't many of us that wouldn't like to be doing it again. At our store, the former presentation team was fantastic at setting pogs.... not so fantastic at following up with capacity, SFQ, and audit.

I mean, it's not that it's difficult or anything, just we weren't given the time to do it. I'd have loved to have been able to fix capacities and do a full audit of every section after setting it. But with the time we were given, auditing outs and fixing any obviously bad SFQs was the most we could do.

I mean, it's not that it's difficult or anything, just we weren't given the time to do it. I'd have loved to have been able to fix capacities and do a full audit of every section after setting it. But with the time we were given, auditing outs and fixing any obviously bad SFQs was the most we could do.
I get that.... but I want to do it!!! I've done a lot of different jobs at Target, but that was by far the most satisfying. lol (Yet, most people not on the team absolutely hated it.)

I get that.... but I want to do it!!! I've done a lot of different jobs at Target, but that was by far the most satisfying. lol (Yet, most people not on the team absolutely hated it.)

It would definitely be nice if someone was doing it. Post modernization, the amount of empty spots on the shelf due to incorrect on hands is crazy. Likewise with stuff in the backroom that wasn't located.

Did anyone else go in today only to find out the truck never showed up? Idk how this even happens but it did at my store
It happens so many ways. Lol. Usually the load is dispatched to the driver by the carrier and the driver just doesn't pick it up and nobody at the DC notices until the store calls. More than once for us. Just wait until you get another store's trailer. Or they put it in the wrong door and you have to unload at a 90 degree angle. Sooo many possibilities.

My store was told they can't use the Audit function anymore because the BRLA % was too poor. I was absolutely stunned.
First, that no one thought having every TM in the building doing backstock after 2 minutes of training wouldn't negatively impact the accuracy? Seriously???
And second... no one cares about filling the shelves? SFQ capacity is beyond fucked in so many areas, and the only way my store was allowed to fill the shelves was to check for each item and go manually pull them individually... which meant no one filled anything. Ever.

I got called out for shopping for myself out of the backroom because we hadn't had things like cat litter or food on the shelves in weeks.
Then I just started bringing a jacket and shopping at Walmart on the way home. I assume a lot of our guests will eventually do so, as well.

That was NOT uncommon for us at all. Especially when the outs are high in food and commodities.

I was surprised there weren't more complaints about the horrible visual impact of the style departments, but I think people are very used to seeing such messes at Kohls and JcPennys that they're used to it, and Target is taking advantage of that.

I’m a former backroom TL who was moved to Inbound, given keys, annnnnd as part of the GM I’m in charge of all of domestics, decor, beds, storage, and seasonal. I have 4 DBO’s and our trucks avg around 2000+. Now on top of that every endcap is resetting along with revisions. pC is behind both sales floor and backroom. Long story short you GM’s who run inbound how are you holding up?

I’m a former backroom TL who was moved to Inbound, given keys, annnnnd as part of the GM I’m in charge of all of domestics, decor, beds, storage, and seasonal. I have 4 DBO’s and our trucks avg around 2000+. Now on top of that every endcap is resetting along with revisions. pC is behind both sales floor and backroom. Long story short you GM’s who run inbound how are you holding up?
Curious as to how you assigned your DBO's and if kitchen/home, and plug are considered part of your area.

Yes Plug, Home, and kitchen is part of it too. My DBO’ are spilt throughout departments. But most of their shift is on the truck push and everything else if time allows will or will not get done.

Yes Plug, Home, and kitchen is part of it too. My DBO’ are spilt throughout departments. But most of their shift is on the truck push and everything else if time allows will or will not get done.

This is what has me worried. I'm supposed to start doing DBO stuff this week and I can't even finish my truck push these days, much less adding anything else in. If I didn't have to backstock, do my own cardboard (GOD I miss the trash cages), or help every guest that wanders by, I could probably get a hell of a lot more done.

Doesn't bode well for adding new stuff

On average, how many hours are they given daily and do all get the same number of hours? Do any of them also work unload?

Totally fine. you just need strong team members as owners and let them handle everything. I hardly do anything really, i help make sure unload goes smooth and then touch base with all my team members and let them do their thing. We schedule certain people under presentation for heavy transitions/sales planner weeks, mainly former POG team members. The key is the right people, right routines, and it works fine.

*Im a 6 truck store per week and average around 2k per truck

Back