MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
My SD just last week said closing team needs to start working more freight.

That said, we're also 3 or 4 trucks behind due to myriad reasons, mostly faults of store leadership (or lack thereof).

Sure, I'll do that in the 4 hour shift I have. Along with helping the bunch of guests with questions, the reshop, the auditing, the zoning and the backstocking (which they are getting increasingly anal about).

No human can do all this. I dunno what they're trying to do here.

Not sure if other stores have started this new process yet, but its working wonders now. Sort team is now 5-6 people who work 6-1:30pm and unload truck, and then push as much freight as they can until they leave. Weve been doing it for about 2 weeks now, and were getting to where theyre doing atleast 75% of the GM truck, although my store is a big grocery store. We call it the "Swat Team", although its basically a mini flow team. Its given the DBOs more time to actually get workload, brand, fill done now. Today my Chem/Pet/Paper guy didnt have to push a single thing off the truck and was able to get his revisions caught up. Tomorrow we start draining the back room with 1 to 1 pulls. It sounds like they may be rolling this out to everyone soon.

If this is corporate official, and looking at time of year, I'm wondering if the numbers so far for 3rd quarter are a little shaky.
all of our numbers are shaky all you got to do is look in all of our backrooms and the lack of payroll to effectively implement corporates rather questionable strategies. they are making their numbers by slashing payroll.

Not sure if other stores have started this new process yet, but its working wonders now. Sort team is now 5-6 people who work 6-1:30pm and unload truck, and then push as much freight as they can until they leave. Weve been doing it for about 2 weeks now, and were getting to where theyre doing atleast 75% of the GM truck, although my store is a big grocery store. We call it the "Swat Team", although its basically a mini flow team. Its given the DBOs more time to actually get workload, brand, fill done now. Today my Chem/Pet/Paper guy didnt have to push a single thing off the truck and was able to get his revisions caught up. Tomorrow we start draining the back room with 1 to 1 pulls. It sounds like they may be rolling this out to everyone soon.
when will you corporate people admit y'all were wrong and let the stores go back to a logistics system proven to work? E2E/Store Modernization/DBO has failed us with regards to our logistics side.

My store Inbound team is useless they keep hiring hiring hiring and no one make the cut. The old Inbound TL now GM TL Inbound is already starting to get frustrated which seems like will lead to finding other opportunities. Inbound at my store is a revolving door all the experts at it quit before modernization.

A few stores in my district have lowkey been trying to do this since the spring but the DTL keeps banging the "EVERYONE MUST HAVE A DESIGNATED AREA" drum and trying to snuff it out. Right now we're sending truck team home before or at 10 and most of the uboats just sit there all day with no one to work them.

If this becomes real, it would make my dreams come true. 6-1:30 guaranteed every truck would be 😍 😍 😍

So - you have a flow team?

And DBO's are like the old TLs?

huh.

What's old is new again.

Gee, remember when being global was a good thing? :(

I think that's one of the reasons I'm not getting irreversibly screwed over on hours (yet). Because I can be placed in any area when I'm not doing presentation, I can (usually) switch tasks quickly, and I don't complain unless I have an alternate constructive suggestion to give. Mama can't afford to walk away when the family depends on her for medical/dental!

I'm also the last holdout for an expert in plano-related things. They know they can't lose me or our dumpster fire will literally explode.

A few stores in my district have lowkey been trying to do this since the spring but the DTL keeps banging the "EVERYONE MUST HAVE A DESIGNATED AREA" drum and trying to snuff it out. Right now we're sending truck team home before or at 10 and most of the uboats just sit there all day with no one to work them.

If this becomes real, it would make my dreams come true. 6-1:30 guaranteed every truck would be 😍 😍 😍
Yeah that's kinda how we were, sort team was 6-10 with a few hold overs for other areas, and trucks wouldn't be done. Now we're clean every day

It's actually amusing to watch. Low hours in Q1 and Q2 caused about half of the people who were supposed to be the DBOs to quit. They've been trying to hire to replace them. But, the new hires are all basically kids who had no idea what they were signing up for, so they nope out quickly. That means that the store is now having to give crazy hours to the B team (those TMs who were previously not considered DBO material and were lucky to get 10 hours a week because they're slow and suck). I mean, they refused to give the chosen vets over 30 hours for months so now they have to give the B team more than that. Shit obviously isn't getting done. It's so bad we recently had a completely surprise visit from the DTL and all our BPs at 8am on a Saturday. It did not go well at all. It looked like the DTL could shoot lightning bolts out of her eyes at any second she was so pissed off at the state of the backroom.

So, it's bad. Really bad. But, the remaining vets and I have fun joking/bitching about it. There may or may not be a secret betting pool for when our SD (who I actually really like) gets fired.
I believe you man, I mean when a seasonaldude starts referring to itself as veteran, things are definitely off the rails..

We are NOT allowed ANY pallets on the salesfloor, ever. Been that way for us for awhile now. I visited another Target today and saw over 30 pallets blocking aisles ! And NOT one tm working off ANY of them. Like frogger for guests pushing a cart. What a mess ! Would have bought some clearance (that I know was sent off as salvage from my store), but couldn’t reach it cause of the huge pallet parked in front of it. Since price change hasn’t pulled that item that went salvage 5 weeks ago, I wonder how long that pallet has been there ?

My store Inbound team is useless they keep hiring hiring hiring and no one make the cut.

Freaking same. Of the few new hires that actually want to do inbound, zero have lasted. We're down to about 4-5 official inbound TMs.

So how have we been getting through this? By pulling DBOs from the floor and scheduling them as inbound. I'm sure we're not gonna feel the ramifications of that at all...

Back