MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
The former price team was just integrated into softlines and general merchandise but are the only one's to do price change. The former signing captain still works under signing for 2 days but is also part of general merchandise. The former plano team gets moved around between the blocks during revisions and resets with being entirely stolen for seasonal to change the planogram. Are these situations against modernization?
Actually yeah. Your SD is trying to be sneaky and adhere to the letter of the law while violating the hell out of it. All people are to be able to all jobs, so your former price TMs should be doing far more than pricing - pulls, zone, reshop, truck, signing, POGs, backstock, etc. And the rest of the TMs are to be doing their share of pricing. And it's all about DBOs, so no one person should be covering all of softlines (sorry, Style) or all of GM or all of market. Plano, same thing, the former plano TMs should be doing everything, and POGs should be done by individual DBOs.

Actually yeah. Your SD is trying to be sneaky and adhere to the letter of the law while violating the hell out of it. All people are to be able to all jobs, so your former price TMs should be doing far more than pricing - pulls, zone, reshop, truck, signing, POGs, backstock, etc. And the rest of the TMs are to be doing their share of pricing. And it's all about DBOs, so no one person should be covering all of softlines (sorry, Style) or all of GM or all of market. Plano, same thing, the former plano TMs should be doing everything, and POGs should be done by individual DBOs.
The former teams do the modernization things however those former teams like price change and plano are only ones to do it. New hires and DBOs don't do price change or plano at all.

The former teams do the modernization things however those former teams like price change and plano are only ones to do it. New hires and DBOs don't do price change or plano at all.
This sounds like what happened at my old company. They used to have one team for signing, pricing and pogs (ISS = In Store Support) and one for merchandising and customer assistance (MCA). They merged the teams but for a long time the ISS associates still did the signing and pricing. MCAs did learn to do pogs rather quickly. Eventually others learned to do the pricing and signing, and new hires were shown how to do most things. But there was definitely a transition period where they still operated as separate teams, and there were a LOT of MCAs who never had to do any signing, pricing or pogs.

This sounds like what happened at my old company. They used to have one team for signing, pricing and pogs (ISS = In Store Support) and one for merchandising and customer assistance (MCA). They merged the teams but for a long time the ISS associates still did the signing and pricing. MCAs did learn to do pogs rather quickly. Eventually others learned to do the pricing and signing, and new hires were shown how to do most things. But there was definitely a transition period where they still operated as separate teams, and there were a LOT of MCAs who never had to do any signing, pricing or pogs.
This is sears! Look what happened to them.

The signing/presentation expert has it under there own department and the hours varies based on the store. I look on the grid and the expert is in there own section for Monday and Friday for 7 hours each day. The hours gotta be varied based on the store (us a high volume store).

ASANTS. Your SD is using their discretion to schedule the signing hours in a very visible, clear-cut way. Kudos to them. Many of the rest of us are not that lucky.

Per many of the addendums the last few months, each store gets 10 hours/week for signing. It's great your SD is finding additional hours to get the work done.

You'd think there would be a DBO for receiving. Our store used to have a bulk position, where the TM would basically spend the entire shift doing things in receiving/bulk backroom (like palletizing transition, unload/loading trailers, getting auto/guest pulls, etc..), but they phased that out with Modernization and now it's a shitshow in the back.
I still have a bulk person , I just don’t shift label it as bulk

You'd think there would be a DBO for receiving. Our store used to have a bulk position, where the TM would basically spend the entire shift doing things in receiving/bulk backroom (like palletizing transition, unload/loading trailers, getting auto/guest pulls, etc..), but they phased that out with Modernization and now it's a shitshow in the back.
We still have that. He’s scheduled unload for 6-8 hours and does bulk when unload complete.

We still have that. He’s scheduled unload for 6-8 hours and does bulk when unload complete.
Are store does that also we have 1 inbound tm thats fulltime so hes on inbound for 2hrs then goes to pets (are easiest area so we can say hes a DBO) then spends the rest of hes day in receiving he gets 40hrs a week

So the latest directive across the company seems to be that Zoning should now be the very first thing DBO's do when they get in, if the zone isn't green, then it's red. It seems too many stores brand has been terrible. (Surprising, I know).

Let's see how this goes.

Zde1991: So. What's this I hear about TL and ETL positions merging??”

As a result of modernization the SETL duties have been transferred to SCO and the individual Guest Advocates. Bullseye/One Sport and the check lane merchandise has been assigned to a General Merchandise Expert. What does the SETL do?

Back