MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.

BoxCutter

Cut hard. Cut deep.
Complaining to corporate on social media is effective in only that they will answer with a boilerplate statement and come down on that store's management. The only thing that will initiate real change throughout the chain is for people to stop shopping at Target. But, then we TMs will loose more hours, so...

I want to buy this human being large quantities of alcohol and maybe a steak or five. this person speaks truth

-- EDIT --

yeah I am so wanting to DL that and spam it out to Target's Social Media platforms every time they pull some silly crap. But that'd be nine kinds of wrong

Last edited:
Cue the stampede of the same people that always get on here and defend modernization and get orgasms over hearing themselves talk about how "We're doing great at my store under modernization. Everything is perfect. Clearly, the regular tm's at your failing store are lazy. Your management is perfect and omniscient." Thanks for the pep talk. Suck it.

So several people tried to trade shifts this week...turns out their shifts were cancelled. Rather than--I don't know--letting them swap, whoever's in charge of the schedule just cancelled the shifts.

Apparently we desperately need to cut hours. Our backroom looks awful, GS is overflowing with reshop, but sure, let's cut hours.

ETA: Literally 3 days ago we had management begging people to take on others days and stay over, for inventory's sake...guess we gotta pay all that time back.

Last edited:

REDcardJJ

Service and Engagement TL
So several people tried to trade shifts this week...turns out their shifts were cancelled. Rather than--I don't know--letting them swap, whoever's in charge of the schedule just cancelled the shifts.

Apparently we desperately need to cut hours. Our backroom looks awful, GS is overflowing with reshop, but sure, let's cut hours.

ETA: Literally 3 days ago we had management begging people to take on others days and stay over, for inventory's sake...guess we gotta pay all that time back.
it’s really not up to the store leadership. overspending payroll without flexing or paying it back just isn’t an option

How many stages/phases are in the Modernization Plan? And what are the stages/phases of Modernization? Rumor has it we have more to come next year.

Black Sheep 214

Kiss no butts, give no fox
Early this year our store's hours were gutted to 'help out' another store that had overspent :mad:
My store’s SD used to do that too and it drove me up the wall. We didn’t have the hours to complete our own store’s workload but our leader seemed more interested in the other stores in the district than in the store that the SD was supposed to be running. The district manager thought our SD hung the moon, which was apparently the point...

My store’s SD used to do that too and it drove me up the wall. We didn’t have the hours to complete our own store’s workload but our leader seemed more interested in the other stores in the district than in the store that the SD was supposed to be running. The district manager thought our SD hung the moon, which was apparently the point...
There have been times in my district that the DSD would have all stores in the district add hours to another store to help them out of a hole. Not lately, but within the last few years, so recently enough. Of course we also supplied additional manpower. Both TMs who deserved the OT they got and our SD for helping turn red backrooms green in under two weeks. The TMs at the stores we’ve helped were happy to have him come back to us like they thought we were poor unfortunate souls under the dictatorship 😂

Its so awesome owning about 46 aisles and still having to sort through your workload bc your inbound team has no knowledge of the floor and cannot accurately further sort through custom blocks which are also currently a joke. Love my repacks having towels and screwdrivers and what do you know one spot! I've been coming clean but as far as price change yeah right

Its so awesome owning about 46 aisles and still having to sort through your workload bc your inbound team has no knowledge of the floor and cannot accurately further sort through custom blocks which are also currently a joke. Love my repacks having towels and screwdrivers and what do you know one spot! I've been coming clean but as far as price change yeah right
That sucks for you guys because my inbound team are the only ones with knowledge of the floor and work the hardes, are most flexible and least appreciated