MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.

InboundGrunt

Spotbound and Down
Its so awesome owning about 46 aisles and still having to sort through your workload bc your inbound team has no knowledge of the floor and cannot accurately further sort through custom blocks which are also currently a joke. Love my repacks having towels and screwdrivers and what do you know one spot! I've been coming clean but as far as price change yeah right
What is your uboat situation? You can super sort until the cows come home and it's gonna be fucked without enough vehicles. We're forced to run freight just to have enough boats to start unload, let alone enough for an accurate sort most days. Stuff has to be combined just to made space.

They made the sort sound like the most important thing in the world 6 months ago but they've done a lot to undermine the process since then.

Also yeah, our current custom blocks are all over the place. We're some weird homologous of Back to school sort and pre-BTS, and it's all going to change next month again.

What is your uboat situation? You can super sort until the cows come home and it's gonna be fucked without enough vehicles. We're forced to run freight just to have enough boats to start unload, let alone enough for an accurate sort most days. Stuff has to be combined just to made space.

They made the sort sound like the most important thing in the world 6 months ago but they've done a lot to undermine the process since then.

Also yeah, our current custom blocks are all over the place. We're some weird homologous of Back to school sort and pre-BTS, and it's all going to change next month again.
We have more than enough u boats, a lot of our freight is sorted between pallets, flats, and u boats. Occasionally tubs when transition comes in clearly marked so they at least put that to the side. Even on double truck days, the backroom isn't crazy cluttered. On the domestics custom block, I'll find like five vacuums, but on the vacuum custom block, there are only two boxes so definitely enough space. It just boggles my mind that the huge ass DirtDevil logo didn't make them use common sense.

Can't fully blame them as corporate has given inbound literally no hours so just looking at a custom block and putting it there despite it obviously not going there is the quickest solution for speed and time.

There are only two really experienced guys and if they aren't on the crew that day, we are fucked. The team is comprised of ppl who sucked on the salesfloor mostly because they moved too slow but yep inbound was the job for them.

InboundGrunt

Spotbound and Down
We have more than enough u boats, a lot of our freight is sorted between pallets, flats, and u boats. Occasionally tubs when transition comes in clearly marked so they at least put that to the side. Even on double truck days, the backroom isn't crazy cluttered. On the domestics custom block, I'll find like five vacuums, but on the vacuum custom block, there are only two boxes so definitely enough space. It just boggles my mind that the huge ass DirtDevil logo didn't make them use common sense.

Can't fully blame them as corporate has given inbound literally no hours so just looking at a custom block and putting it there despite it obviously not going there is the quickest solution for speed and time.

There are only two really experienced guys and if they aren't on the crew that day, we are fucked. The team is comprised of ppl who sucked on the salesfloor mostly because they moved too slow but yep inbound was the job for them.
Yeah, if you have vehicles there really isn't an excuse. We have the opposite problem, experienced line but lack of resources.

Sometimes they send the TMs on their last legs down to the line just to burn them out so they fail and quit. Spot is fucked like that.

they steal our 9 uboats clearly marked for FDC truck only.
So when it comes to unload the FDC truck we only have 3 uboats... 1 for produce, 1 for dairy and 1 for freezer, thanks inbound team
Sorry to hear that. Who runs your unload/inbound captain/whatever-they-call-it-now? They should know better. If one part of the process is lagging, it has a way of rippling through out the store and hampering other departments as well. Suddenly everyone is behind.

They need to let us do the revisions too. I'm tired of going to set an aisle an revisions never got done.
Our closing expert helps out a ton with revisions. She does pretty well, still learning about reverse aisles but she'll get there.
But it is so very frustrating not doing them. Can't work out our 13 pallets of sporting goods and domestics freight because the endcaps and salesplans aren't done yet so it's not worth the time to dog they them.

Yeah, but at my store there are no presentation experts, just dedicated business owners. I didn’t know whether they’re actually bring back a full on presentation team.
The team wasn't supposed to go away at all. We kept our 4 person team intact and when there aren't any Plano hours, we get general merch 2 shifts. Two of us own domestics/home decor, one is in grocery, and the other has toys/sports. These areas are also shared by other gen merch TMs when week are under Plano.

seasonaldude

That Asshole in OPU
We were informed that the training process for new salesfloor TMs no longer includes hours for register training. Salesfloor TMs will not get a register training shift with a front end trainer anymore. Instead, when the salesfloor trainer goes up for backup (ha ha) they are supposed to take the trainee with them and teach the trainee how to use the register then.

Should be a great Q4 for the scammers.

happygoth

reshop till I drop
We were informed that the training process for new salesfloor TMs no longer includes hours for register training. Salesfloor TMs will not get a register training shift with a front end trainer anymore. Instead, when the salesfloor trainer goes up for backup (ha ha) they are supposed to take the trainee with them and teach the trainee how to use the register then.

Yikes, that's crazy. IMO Seasonals should be the ones getting all the backup calls!

can't touch this

💯💯💯

hello, I am Bob at Corporate, please to be assisting me in testing your register. Please to be loading $500 on Visa gift card and please to be giving me of the debit card number, thank you come again

InboundGrunt

Spotbound and Down

Hey, at least they've dropped the pretense that they're not cutting corners on training, huh? 🤣

Tessa120

I escaped the asylum!
That’s guest first lol. lol 😝
Well yeah. Sales floor can put things on the shelves so guests can find what they want rather than it languishing in the back. Sales floor can put things on the floor so OPU guests can get their items. Sales floor is there, so guests can get their questions answered. Sales floor can zone so the store is visually appealing and guests can find stuff where it belongs. Sales floor can get push done so guests aren't blocked from areas by vehicles. Sales floor have time to keep prices up to date, so guests know the right price and there's no register surprise. All this is very guest friendly.

seasonaldude

That Asshole in OPU
Well yeah. Sales floor can put things on the shelves so guests can find what they want rather than it languishing in the back. Sales floor can put things on the floor so OPU guests can get their items. Sales floor is there, so guests can get their questions answered. Sales floor can zone so the store is visually appealing and guests can find stuff where it belongs. Sales floor can get push done so guests aren't blocked from areas by vehicles. Sales floor have time to keep prices up to date, so guests know the right price and there's no register surprise. All this is very guest friendly.
While no sane person would argue that almost everything salesfloor TMs do is helpful to guests, there is nothing more guests first than assisting guests who want to give us their money right that moment to do so quickly and efficiently. Actual realized sales in the moment > possible future sales. Same reason that when a guest aproaches a salesfloor TM and asks, "Do you have anymore of this in the back?" the TM drops what they're doing to go and get whatever it is if we do have it. They don't respond with "Meh, I really have to get this Uboat done, sorry," or "Do you see my RTW zone? I'll help you with that item when my shirts are all folded."

Last edited:

Proficient

Fulfillment Expert
I help more in Market during my adventures in the Salesfloor/GM then meeting goal times finding shyt.