MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I want to buy this human being large quantities of alcohol and maybe a steak or five. this person speaks truth

-- EDIT --

yeah I am so wanting to DL that and spam it out to Target's Social Media platforms every time they pull some silly crap. But that'd be nine kinds of wrong

Last edited:

Cue the stampede of the same people that always get on here and defend modernization and get orgasms over hearing themselves talk about how "We're doing great at my store under modernization. Everything is perfect. Clearly, the regular tm's at your failing store are lazy. Your management is perfect and omniscient." Thanks for the pep talk. Suck it.

So several people tried to trade shifts this week...turns out their shifts were cancelled. Rather than--I don't know--letting them swap, whoever's in charge of the schedule just cancelled the shifts.

Apparently we desperately need to cut hours. Our backroom looks awful, GS is overflowing with reshop, but sure, let's cut hours.

ETA: Literally 3 days ago we had management begging people to take on others days and stay over, for inventory's sake...guess we gotta pay all that time back.

Last edited:
So several people tried to trade shifts this week...turns out their shifts were cancelled. Rather than--I don't know--letting them swap, whoever's in charge of the schedule just cancelled the shifts.

Apparently we desperately need to cut hours. Our backroom looks awful, GS is overflowing with reshop, but sure, let's cut hours.

ETA: Literally 3 days ago we had management begging people to take on others days and stay over, for inventory's sake...guess we gotta pay all that time back.

it’s really not up to the store leadership. overspending payroll without flexing or paying it back just isn’t an option

How many stages/phases are in the Modernization Plan? And what are the stages/phases of Modernization? Rumor has it we have more to come next year.

Early this year our store's hours were gutted to 'help out' another store that had overspent :mad:
My store’s SD used to do that too and it drove me up the wall. We didn’t have the hours to complete our own store’s workload but our leader seemed more interested in the other stores in the district than in the store that the SD was supposed to be running. The district manager thought our SD hung the moon, which was apparently the point...

My store’s SD used to do that too and it drove me up the wall. We didn’t have the hours to complete our own store’s workload but our leader seemed more interested in the other stores in the district than in the store that the SD was supposed to be running. The district manager thought our SD hung the moon, which was apparently the point...
There have been times in my district that the DSD would have all stores in the district add hours to another store to help them out of a hole. Not lately, but within the last few years, so recently enough. Of course we also supplied additional manpower. Both TMs who deserved the OT they got and our SD for helping turn red backrooms green in under two weeks. The TMs at the stores we’ve helped were happy to have him come back to us like they thought we were poor unfortunate souls under the dictatorship 😂

Its so awesome owning about 46 aisles and still having to sort through your workload bc your inbound team has no knowledge of the floor and cannot accurately further sort through custom blocks which are also currently a joke. Love my repacks having towels and screwdrivers and what do you know one spot! I've been coming clean but as far as price change yeah right

Its so awesome owning about 46 aisles and still having to sort through your workload bc your inbound team has no knowledge of the floor and cannot accurately further sort through custom blocks which are also currently a joke. Love my repacks having towels and screwdrivers and what do you know one spot! I've been coming clean but as far as price change yeah right

That sucks for you guys because my inbound team are the only ones with knowledge of the floor and work the hardes, are most flexible and least appreciated

What is your uboat situation? You can super sort until the cows come home and it's gonna be fucked without enough vehicles. We're forced to run freight just to have enough boats to start unload, let alone enough for an accurate sort most days. Stuff has to be combined just to made space.

They made the sort sound like the most important thing in the world 6 months ago but they've done a lot to undermine the process since then.

Also yeah, our current custom blocks are all over the place. We're some weird homologous of Back to school sort and pre-BTS, and it's all going to change next month again.

What is your uboat situation? You can super sort until the cows come home and it's gonna be fucked without enough vehicles. We're forced to run freight just to have enough boats to start unload, let alone enough for an accurate sort most days. Stuff has to be combined just to made space.

They made the sort sound like the most important thing in the world 6 months ago but they've done a lot to undermine the process since then.

Also yeah, our current custom blocks are all over the place. We're some weird homologous of Back to school sort and pre-BTS, and it's all going to change next month again.

We have more than enough u boats, a lot of our freight is sorted between pallets, flats, and u boats. Occasionally tubs when transition comes in clearly marked so they at least put that to the side. Even on double truck days, the backroom isn't crazy cluttered. On the domestics custom block, I'll find like five vacuums, but on the vacuum custom block, there are only two boxes so definitely enough space. It just boggles my mind that the huge ass DirtDevil logo didn't make them use common sense.

Can't fully blame them as corporate has given inbound literally no hours so just looking at a custom block and putting it there despite it obviously not going there is the quickest solution for speed and time.

There are only two really experienced guys and if they aren't on the crew that day, we are fucked. The team is comprised of ppl who sucked on the salesfloor mostly because they moved too slow but yep inbound was the job for them.

We have more than enough u boats, a lot of our freight is sorted between pallets, flats, and u boats. Occasionally tubs when transition comes in clearly marked so they at least put that to the side. Even on double truck days, the backroom isn't crazy cluttered. On the domestics custom block, I'll find like five vacuums, but on the vacuum custom block, there are only two boxes so definitely enough space. It just boggles my mind that the huge ass DirtDevil logo didn't make them use common sense.

Can't fully blame them as corporate has given inbound literally no hours so just looking at a custom block and putting it there despite it obviously not going there is the quickest solution for speed and time.

There are only two really experienced guys and if they aren't on the crew that day, we are fucked. The team is comprised of ppl who sucked on the salesfloor mostly because they moved too slow but yep inbound was the job for them.
Yeah, if you have vehicles there really isn't an excuse. We have the opposite problem, experienced line but lack of resources.

Sometimes they send the TMs on their last legs down to the line just to burn them out so they fail and quit. Spot is fucked like that.

they steal our 9 uboats clearly marked for FDC truck only.
So when it comes to unload the FDC truck we only have 3 uboats... 1 for produce, 1 for dairy and 1 for freezer, thanks inbound team
Sorry to hear that. Who runs your unload/inbound captain/whatever-they-call-it-now? They should know better. If one part of the process is lagging, it has a way of rippling through out the store and hampering other departments as well. Suddenly everyone is behind.

Back