MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Any stores doing this "Stay sharp status" BS??? Ive been a TL for 5 years, but somehow i need to go over a piece of paper daily with my competent team to make sure theyre engaged. This shit is getting ridiculous! I hate micro managing.
Noooo. Havn’t seen that yet ! NOT looking forward to it.
Anyone here remember filling out WEEKLY VIBE sheets ? UGH.

i remember a lot of BS went into those : “i vibed with a guest by helping them choose a birthday present” (every other week)
not a productive use of time.

Noooo. Havn’t seen that yet ! NOT looking forward to it.
Anyone here remember filling out WEEKLY VIBE sheets ? UGH.

i remember a lot of BS went into those : “i vibed with a guest by helping them choose a birthday present” (every other week)
not a productive use of time.

I remember them. As a Plano TM I didn't have to fill one out, but the whole VIBE thing had an unpleasant....vibe to it. That word makes me shudder still.

That's PART of the problem. TLs being forced to micromanage, and not actually do any of the hard work involved in the process. The TLs that actually do any of the work are forced out either by termination or resignation.
This is happening in my store. Three of the TLs in my store have each been here for well over a decade. We each feel that we are slowly being forced out. Ridiculous coachings, CA for "tasking too much"; no hours for our teams, so not sure who is supposed to complete the tasks. At least 2/3 of the people in our store are job hunting & we have already lost some of our best team members. I have never seen hours cut this badly. Morale is the worst I have ever seen.

Last edited:
For S&E; we have to quiz each advocate on red cards; promotions; Circle; Drive Up times; Return to Stock, Sales goals & how to achieve them (because advocates have so many selling opportunities); Two Week look ahead; anything else the SE ETL thinks is important. We are expected to "status" at the start of each person's shift; during the shift & at the end of the shift. I am not sure how other areas are doing it.

Oh.my.god. there are so many things off with that. How is this being efficient to go over the same info 3 times a day??
It isn't efficient at all. Honestly; I think it is a way to weed out long time team members & team leaders to bring in new people who will drink the most recent batch of corporate koolaid.

Any stores doing this "Stay sharp status" BS??? Ive been a TL for 5 years, but somehow i need to go over a piece of paper daily with my competent team to make sure theyre engaged. This shit is getting ridiculous! I hate micro managing.
Another stupid spot idea. Glad I am out. 😱

2 ETLs and the STL were doing softlines repack breakout when I came in for my evening shift.

So how bad off is everyone else's store?
My ETL was doing softlines repacks today too. Also, my SD was doing pulls today and he and the HR-ETL were doing shoe and baby repack push this week.

We have like...80 repacks or so stacked up going back a couple of weeks now. With a backlog of price change and overflowing fitting room reshop along with few hours there's just not enough people to get through it all.

Hmm, so the "stay sharp" goofiness might be why my TL checked in with me mid-shift yesterday for the first time in forever. And the hours being cut might be why an ETL was pulling Market batches. As for call-offs, some of us who reliably show up and actually do the work are getting extra hours sometimes because they ask us if we want to stay later.

2 ETLs and the STL were doing softlines repack breakout when I came in for my evening shift.

So how bad off is everyone else's store?
Our SD directs, GM ETL quit. HR ETL is on her phone most of the day; Specialty ETL sometimes works alongside her team but I think most of the Beauty team quit so she is trying to clean it up. SE ETL depends most of her time "statusing"; she is obsessed with "statusing". The line hasn't been 100% clean since before the holidays. Team morale is in the toilet; nearly everyone is job hunting. Long time guests are asking why no one is available to assist them. NPS is terrible. In over a decade at this store, I have never seen it this bad.

Our SD directs, GM ETL quit. HR ETL is on her phone most of the day; Specialty ETL sometimes works alongside her team but I think most of the Beauty team quit so she is trying to clean it up. SE ETL depends most of her time "statusing"; she is obsessed with "statusing". The line hasn't been 100% clean since before the holidays. Team morale is in the toilet; nearly everyone is job hunting. Long time guests are asking why no one is available to assist them. NPS is terrible. In over a decade at this store, I have never seen it this bad.

Dang, sorry to hear that. That sounds like a dumpsterfire.

What's NPS?

Net promoter score. purchase, drive up, sfs, returns, OPU all have a score based on the survey answers received
Net Promoter Score is the stuff of nightmares. Of the 4 metrics on the survey; 2 are sales floor, 2 are check lanes. As SETL, I take the hit for all 4 metrics because I am apparently supposed to monitor the sales floor team members; as well as run the front of store with one GS, one SCO, one advocate, no FOS attendant & me. If Target hadn't done away with insurance for retired employees, I'd be done. I have my time in; am fully vested in my pension but stay for the health insurance.

Net Promoter Score is the stuff of nightmares. Of the 4 metrics on the survey; 2 are sales floor, 2 are check lanes. As SETL, I take the hit for all 4 metrics because I am apparently supposed to monitor the sales floor team members; as well as run the front of store with one GS, one SCO, one advocate, no FOS attendant & me. If Target hadn't done away with insurance for retired employees, I'd be done. I have my time in; am fully vested in my pension but stay for the health insurance.
Well, being the service and engagement TL you should be checking the surveys and letting the corresponding TL know what’s going on in their areas.

This is probably the worst ive seen payroll in my 6 years with spot... Its getting crazy. We went from 9 sorters scheduled 7 hours to 6 (4 GM/ 2 style) scheduled 6 hours, DBOs only getting 6-7 if theyre lucky. DBOs are supposed to be doing zone/data fix/ 1-1s (which can be very large for commodities/food areas) truck, pricing, workload.... Targets expectatations vs reality is wayyyy off base. This whole process may work in lower volume stores, but as a high volume store with the hours were getting right now its not adding up. Were also a pretty solid store operationally, not many bad apples.. Were just not getting enough hours/people to finish anything. Ive basically become a sorter majority of my shifts now as a TL and cant get anything else done.

Lol the only time I've ever been apart of a "status" thing is once a quarter if I'm late to ask if anything is wrong outside the workplace. Why yes, you asking seven weeks after I was six minutes late once is going to totally affect anything.

If anything, "statusing" at my store is for TLs and ETLs to shoot the shit for 20 minutes.

This is probably the worst ive seen payroll in my 6 years with spot... Its getting crazy. We went from 9 sorters scheduled 7 hours to 6 (4 GM/ 2 style) scheduled 6 hours, DBOs only getting 6-7 if theyre lucky. DBOs are supposed to be doing zone/data fix/ 1-1s (which can be very large for commodities/food areas) truck, pricing, workload.... Targets expectatations vs reality is wayyyy off base. This whole process may work in lower volume stores, but as a high volume store with the hours were getting right now its not adding up. Were also a pretty solid store operationally, not many bad apples.. Were just not getting enough hours/people to finish anything. Ive basically become a sorter majority of my shifts now as a TL and cant get anything else done.

Not accepting this data fix bullcrap. Target needs to fix this at the corporate level. It's completely inefficient to ask 2000+ stores to fix a sock capacity that says 1282 can fit here. The capacities should be verified before they are sent to the store, not after.

Back