Archived 4 am shift and your diet...

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlowChick

Expect The Unexpected
This is probably irrelevant to some of you but is anyone out there trying to lose weight?

I've been trying to lose more weight and I'm not sure how I'm supposed to eat at 8am.

Normally I was waking up to eat a home cooked breakfast by 10 am since I used to work a night job.

Well this 8am shit has thrown me way off. I hate eating so early because I tend to eat when I'm home later. I see ppl eating all kinds of crap for their morning break. Needless to say, there are definetly a lot of plus size ppl who work at Target. Even tho most of us are putting in lots of work!

I've been thinking of just cutting dinner off since I go to bed early...

I start at 4 am. I take break at 6:30 and drink water and eat a protein bar. Lunch is at 9 am yogurt and more water. I have a snack around 1:30 and dinner between 4 and 4:30 bed at 8 pm. Sometimes I'll have a yogurt before I go in, if I wake up really hungry. Protein is your friend. Keeps you full longer

I work food ave (aka Target cafe) & starbux but I can't afford to eat there much so I brown-bag whenever I can.
I used to get burned out on my lunches until I saw a good article in the local paper about packing lunches. It was geared toward kids & folks with food sensitivities but it gave me some good ideas to jazz up my meals & keep 'em healthy.
And, yeh, I'm trying to lighten the load too....:oops:

I dont really like eating at work but I'll usually get something at Starbucks.

Starbucks five days in a row this week, I feel so bad. It's way too expensive and not healthy. But the coupon printer gave me a few $1.50 off any drink coupons, plus the cartwheel coupon for 25% off any food item. So the last two days I've gotten a venti frap and a breakfast sandwich for less than the price of a venti frap.

I'm not going to get anything for lunch tomorrow....I'm not. Although it is root beer float day...

The whole protein bars and non sugar energy drinks (I liked the Mio ones you could just add to water) worked for me.
But then I was doing Atkins and it's not for everyone.

Starbucks five days in a row this week, I feel so bad. It's way too expensive and not healthy. But the coupon printer gave me a few $1.50 off any drink coupons, plus the cartwheel coupon for 25% off any food item. So the last two days I've gotten a venti frap and a breakfast sandwich for less than the price of a venti frap.

I'm not going to get anything for lunch tomorrow....I'm not. Although it is root beer float day...

Buy some Starbucks coffee from the coffee aisle. Every empty bag gets you a free coffee at Starbucks! :)

I've been looking into IF dieting. Sounds interesting!! I just don't know if it will work well with flow. Flow can leave you feeling pretty hungry break time.

Also I was checking this out:http://www.bbc.com/news/health-27422547

Wonder how I could work that into my schedule.

The whole protein bars and non sugar energy drinks (I liked the Mio ones you could just add to water) worked for me.

You mean the mio water add ins? I've never been a huge fan of flavored wanted. I think water is delicious plain!! And I drink tons!!

You mean the mio water add ins? I've never been a huge fan of flavored wanted. I think water is delicious plain!! And I drink tons!!

Yeah, it was mostly for the caffeine since there wasn't any decent coffee available.
It's tough being an addict.

Can you use a Starbucks card as form of payment with your emp disc? All those missed star earning opportunities if you can!

Everybody at my store hates me when it comes to food. I take after my mother. I have a wonderfully high metabolism.

Working at spot was horrid for my waistline....

Breakfast stuff freezes well, can you maybe make up some breakfast burritos? Or just a "bowl" to take?

I must get back low carb. I must.

Yeah, it was mostly for the caffeine since there wasn't any decent coffee available.
It's tough being an addict.

Hey I hear you there. Pop is my addiction!!

Can you use a Starbucks card as form of payment with your emp disc? All those missed star earning opportunities if you can!

I've been using my employee discount with my Starbucks gift card no problem.

Working at spot was horrid for my waistline....

Breakfast stuff freezes well, can you maybe make up some breakfast burritos? Or just a "bowl" to take?

I must get back low carb. I must.

I wake up at 2:30 am to eat before I go to work. That way I won't be hungry. I always hear breakfast should be your biggest meal. I'm sure I work off most of it by 8 am. I try to look at what the thin people are eating haha. Some only drink coffee for their lunch breaks!

I know my Diet for my Openning/Mid/Closing Market shifts consist mostly of NyQuill

I wore a watch today that told me how far I walk..

9.6 miles in a 7.25h shift.

I want one of those badly.

I don't eat before I go to work, makes my stomach feel pretty bad for some reason while unloading the truck. I just unload the truck and bowl out product with vigor sweat like crazy then chug as much ice tea and granola bars during my breaks and lunch seems to work just fine. Luckily I don't smell bad after I sweat, I've checked with other team members.

I know my Diet for my Openning/Mid/Closing Market shifts consist mostly of NyQuill

I wore a watch today that told me how far I walk..

9.6 miles in a 7.25h shift.

I want one of those badly.

If you can, check out the Misfit Shine or their newest product, Misfit Flash, it's a fitness tracker that you sync with a smartphone or tablet. Real big fan of the concept, 'quantified self' (new-agey way of the business of appifying one's health) and the entry cost for the Misfit brand is relatively low.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back