Archived 48 chargers, 26 zebras

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your PMT is responsible for making sure that there are enough devices to go around for all TMs who need them to complete their work. If you absolutely need one, talk to him/her.

A MyCheckout is a zebra that allows you to either save the sale by ordering things online for guests or line bust by checking guests out. You'll likely find them at the service desk. If you take one and save a sale, the SETL will love you.

Your PMT is responsible for making sure that there are enough devices to go around for all TMs who need them to complete their work. If you absolutely need one, talk to him/her.

A MyCheckout is a zebra that allows you to either save the sale by ordering things online for guests or line bust by checking guests out. You'll likely find them at the service desk. If you take one and save a sale, the SETL will love you.
If you take it; DON'T SEPARATE IT, and don't drop it :p. I don't understand why my fellow tms think it is okay to separate them, then the actual device (the mydevice) gets lost in circulation.

What sucks even more is broken devices sitting on a desk for a minimum of 2 weeks! Send the shit out for repair already! This was prior to PMT taking over.

At my store if we don't have mydevices/zebras we usually tell the TL. If they can't come up with one we attempt to do our job without it. I just skip over doing things requiring a device like backstock, pulls, and detectives. When it gets to the point I really need to do those task I remind the TL I'm dwviceless. When the TL ask me to do something requiring a device I remind them I am deviceless. The TL then either finds me a device/lets me use their device or does the task themselves.

If it's the style team that doesn't have adequate my devices, point out the fact whoever does have one will have to answer calls/be the operator someone will give theirs up quickly. This morning as soon as the TL announced on the walkie style team needs a 2nd mydevice to answer calls or else whoever has one has to answer the phone someone from Inbound/GM gave theirs up literally within seconds.

Honestly Mondays are so bad with the zone, that I probably won’t need one until 90 minutes into my shift

At my store if we don't have mydevices/zebras we usually tell the TL. If they can't come up with one we attempt to do our job without it. I just skip over doing things requiring a device like backstock, pulls, and detectives. When it gets to the point I really need to do those task I remind the TL I'm dwviceless. When the TL ask me to do something requiring a device I remind them I am deviceless. The TL then either finds me a device/lets me use their device or does the task themselves.

If it's the style team that doesn't have adequate my devices, point out the fact whoever does have one will have to answer calls/be the operator someone will give theirs up quickly. This morning as soon as the TL announced on the walkie style team needs a 2nd mydevice to answer calls or else whoever has one has to answer the phone someone from Inbound/GM gave theirs up literally within seconds.
So what I'm hearing is that, despite everyone supposedly being able to log into their own area on the new phone app, Style is still expected to answer the phone for the whole store. Or is your store like mine, where that upgrade has not happened yet?

Honestly, I’m getting really tired of the TL, ETL, or anyone else above me saying that it’s my responsibility to get a MyDevice EVERY morning! If I cannot get the required tools to do my job, then no one should be telling about time or production. I understand there are not enough devices, BUT that’s not an excuse why TMs should have to struggle and be the ones to ask everyone to borrow a device every morning.
We Have 94 zebras in our building

Wow, sounds like Utopia to have that many when our store only has 48 charging cradles, and who knows how many actual operable Zebras

So what I'm hearing is that, despite everyone supposedly being able to log into their own area on the new phone app, Style is still expected to answer the phone for the whole store. Or is your store like mine, where that upgrade has not happened yet?
Honestly, while I think that's a great idea, I'd hate it. I can imagine the really confused guests who just call the wrong department or any skeevy people knowing certain TM's who work certain departments on certain days/times. At least inbound calls coming through the fitting room operator/operators in style get sorta screened. Now, going back to the 'confused' guests, we'd all have to be trained on how to transfer a call back out- not that it's hard or anything... but I recall being operator trained and refused to use the cordless we had because I had to try and remember the numbers were slightly different to park a call than to pick it up. 2382? Is there a 3 somewhere? I hated it and most often times would always end up hanging up on the caller by accident LOL It was embarrassing.

Wow, sounds like Utopia to have that many when our store only has 48 charging cradles, and who knows how many actual operable Zebras
If you feel comfortable you can DM me and I’ll tell you the exact number of zebras your store has working/broken with the MyTech app

Honestly, while I think that's a great idea, I'd hate it. I can imagine the really confused guests who just call the wrong department or any skeevy people knowing certain TM's who work certain departments on certain days/times. At least inbound calls coming through the fitting room operator/operators in style get sorta screened. Now, going back to the 'confused' guests, we'd all have to be trained on how to transfer a call back out- not that it's hard or anything... but I recall being operator trained and refused to use the cordless we had because I had to try and remember the numbers were slightly different to park a call than to pick it up. 2382? Is there a 3 somewhere? I hated it and most often times would always end up hanging up on the caller by accident LOL It was embarrassing.
Answering and transferring calls on the zebra is easy, easier than the cordless since you are just following screen prompts. Sure, guests may hit the wrong department occasionally, but honestly, our phone system as it stands makes no damn sense at all. The automated system gives guests a list of departments to select, yet every damn call goes to the person in Style who is signed in to the zebra. Guests think they are talking to the department they need and are like "Oh, I thought I selected that department" when you say you have to transfer them there. It is stupid beyond belief.

If your store does not have enough devices then it is not your fault. You should not be held responsible because the company can’t provide you with them. Your E/TLs need to figure it out.

Also, PMT/Ls only audit and repair devices. Don’t blame the maintenance people because your store doesn’t have devices. GE’s and SD’s are getting thrown under the bus because of the audits we’re doing. Believe me, we’re getting the heat for something we shouldn’t be involved in.

Answering and transferring calls on the zebra is easy, easier than the cordless since you are just following screen prompts. Sure, guests may hit the wrong department occasionally, but honestly, our phone system as it stands makes no damn sense at all. The automated system gives guests a list of departments to select, yet every damn call goes to the person in Style who is signed in to the zebra. Guests think they are talking to the department they need and are like "Oh, I thought I selected that department" when you say you have to transfer them there. It is stupid beyond belief.
Oh yes, I almost forgot about that. We've been wondering for a while why there's so many options when none take you to that area. I can imagine the headaches style gets D:

Punishing and accountability are two different things though. Someone on here commented, “No way I’m giving my ID in exchange for a Zebra.” In that case, that team member should not be given a Zebra, as it technically isn’t Required for a lot of the positions like flow or sales floor. If they need one they can borrow one, but there has to be some kind of responsibility on the part of the TM. Just signing it out is useless. People could write fake names, times, device numbers, or just scribble down illegible info. I came from another retailer who kept the devices in a locked room in exchange for ID of some kind. In that company we ALWAYS had the same number of devices at closing, and if the device was broken, the associate could not sign one out for 30 days. So when you say “no company in the country” punishes people, I think there has to be accountability.

Hi, I am one of those people who refuse to turn over my personal property in exchange for work equipment. When I was hired it was made clear that I was to sign out equipment and my employer was in charge of equipment control. Don't want to hand me equipment that is fine. OPU and SFS can not get picked or packed. I can sit in the break room for eight hours getting paid for not being allowed to do my job. Cause there is no way in hell I will give up my DL and let it sit who knows where with no security and with little to no control of who has access to it. Your failure of leadership is not my problem nor should I have to risk my personal information to make up for the laziness of leadership.

There are policies that leadership refuses to follow. You sign out your equipment, it is on them to check logs and count devices. You drop and break one its a conversation, shit happens and people break things once in a while. Your device comes up missing its a talking to and a check of the log. You signed it back in but it was not signed back out? Gee who was logged into it? They keep telling us they can track that shit, then fucking track it and write up people who don't follow policy. Taking my DL is the lazy way out.

Our devices were locked up and we had to write in a log...that lasted for about 3 days

Our devices were locked up and we had to write in a log...that lasted for about 3 days

Yep and that isn't on us, its on those who are supposed to maintain that. I know several people who are responsible for their tools. Others not so much. I mean we can't even be sure the keybox is actually locked up at night. Cause way to many times we have come in, in the morning to a wide open key box. AP isn't happy.

How does everyone else stack up in this situation?

Obviously I have surrendered to the fact that the only way to acquire a Zebra for my shift is to hide it at the end of the previous shift.

The policy of a license in exchange for a Zebra would be helpful in this situation. It has worked at many previous employers of mine.
That sadly won't work at my store, they numbered all of the zebras and they got them locked up and everyone has to sign them out/in and if we dont then we get talked to

Honestly, I’m getting really tired of the TL, ETL, or anyone else above me saying that it’s my responsibility to get a MyDevice EVERY morning! If I cannot get the required tools to do my job, then no one should be telling about time or production. I understand there are not enough devices, BUT that’s not an excuse why TMs should have to struggle and be the ones to ask everyone to borrow a device every morning.
I feel your pain :/ I am in fulfillment and everyone takes them and theres not enough then the tl/etl gets mad at me for not being able to find one like how the hell is it my fault when you guys dont have enough zebras wtf

That sadly won't work at my store, they numbered all of the zebras and they got them locked up and everyone has to sign them out/in and if we dont then we get talked to
Same here. Apparently, the rich are going to get richer (at least in my neck of the woods). Stores with a proven track record of taking care of devices will get more. Keep losing them, and you're screwed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back