4th quarter nation wide modernization

Is modernization working for your store?

• Yes

Votes: 27 23.3%
  • No

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • Heck no

Votes: 53 45.7%

• Total voters
It is at my store. Planograms are set by DBO’s or “department heads” or whoever randomly is assigned the task. We have pogs from September that we’re never set or set improperly. If you still have a POG team consider your store lucky. Question is just for how long.

It's not like stores with a pog team are faking it, it's in the org chart that pog team exists. The title exists: presentation expert. Somehow this became an ASANTS thing though. I feel for the stores without a pog team, it's got to be brutal. I'm the only "full time" pog person at my store, but I've got a handful of others who can jump in when necessary.

It's not like stores with a pog team are faking it, it's in the org chart that pog team exists. The title exists: presentation expert. Somehow this became an ASANTS thing though. I feel for the stores without a pog team, it's got to be brutal. I'm the only "full time" pog person at my store, but I've got a handful of others who can jump in when necessary.
We've killed and brought ours back multiple times now. Now they schedule one of the three of them to push truck, and the other two set, and the DBO is supposed to help (during the 1-2 hours they get scheduled under Presentation), but they never end up doing more than the pull at most (which is rare, since our ETL has a tantrum if the POG fills drop into the auto so the DBO never ends up being able to go back and complete that second pull), but they're so slow and/or clueless at setting that it's faster for the POG TMs to try to set without having that albatross around their neck. However, it means that we haven't been finishing sets, since we only end up with 100 hours max being scheduled under Presentation even though the sets have been way more.

It's also been noted that, since every other process has fallen behind, the POG TMs end up catching up everyone else's work (including their pricing, pushing stuff that should have been truck, backstocking the insane amount of flex/overpush), but the POG TMs get in trouble if hardlines has to do anything that should have been theirs. I'm not sure how they're supposed to make their workcenter work when they have an ETL who wants to get rid of it.

Well here we are folks. Those of you that were a pilot store last year know what a scrambled mess this idea is. Eliminating overnight and back room/POG teams has proven to fail ESPECIALLY during 4th quarter where the freight and pulls are unforgiving. Let’s share how everyone’s experiences are now that modernization is in full effect and let us document Cornell’s ignorance and eventual collapse of the company we use to love. (Feel free to post pictures, do calculations of sales loses and bring up any other flaws with this process) the other form was getting redundant. Let’s start fresh now that we are all apparently “on board”
actually our store is doing fine with the changes over 1 year in now....we have no pog team, price change team or night time zoners and we still keep a clean floor, set our pogs, get clearance tagged and somehow even are able to put up price accuracy labels when we finally catch up with truck push...it takes longer than it did before but I see how having nearly 9 less people a day helps on payroll and makes the stock holders happy. I hate corporate bs cutting costs but I do see what they're shooting for....I feel its not fair but it's working at many stores...it may fail and it could be for so many reasons but execution is gonna be why in the end... not enough people want to even go through with it and the ones who do are met with a tide of backlash from their employees and even fellow management

Eh modernization works if leadership is dedicated. It killed fast fun and friendly events. We don't have huddles anymore. Recognition isn't what it used to be. So going amazing I guess 🙄
I do miss knowing theres a huddle coming up so I think of fun things to recognize people for before I head to one. Good times and all around one of the best wastes of time at work I've ever been part of in the 12 years I've been in the work force. I'd like to recognize Gabbie for stocking front end caps and dual locations. She could've backstocked it like Kyle but ya know...she's not lazy. And cue everyone laughing and poking fun at each other. Good times.

And yes names were changed to protect the ignorant...I mean innocent...I mean idiot...wait what.

excuses🙄
agreed! --and honestly thats throwing shade on every co worker you have that actually does work when you call the whole company dead weight in a broad stroke....the only dead weight are the ones who are told they dont have to be end to end (I know, old term) because they are older or more heavyset...and that's discrimination to me because I'm in my 30s and have a slimmer body so I get to do more than others...when we all had to agree to the same standards in the hiring process and I am not new to Target this has been going on for years...the only dead weight are people who literally do not do all the tasks that they are expected to leading to leadership having other people cut time out of their own workload to help the dead weight...99% of people I work with give it their all to be a "Dedicated Business Owner" and the 1% have no guilt or shame for not owning their own freight fully. This is their way of keeping food stamps and not having to work full time. And yeah I'm a tiny bit bitter.

I want the backroom team back.
See there are some specialty teams I really want back...
Instocks,
Pricing/presentation (we have a Plano team but I miss the combo)
And back room.
I especially miss backroom with all the transitions going on. We (Plano) tie and drop our POGs. But if we don't run back and pull the pog before we set, it drops into the caf. Absolutely no reason to for that mess. I have spent the last week wishing for a BR team to pull POGs and butting heads with my ETL over a stupid glitch.

We've killed and brought ours back multiple times now. Now they schedule one of the three of them to push truck, and the other two set, and the DBO is supposed to help (during the 1-2 hours they get scheduled under Presentation), but they never end up doing more than the pull at most (which is rare, since our ETL has a tantrum if the POG fills drop into the auto so the DBO never ends up being able to go back and complete that second pull), but they're so slow and/or clueless at setting that it's faster for the POG TMs to try to set without having that albatross around their neck. However, it means that we haven't been finishing sets, since we only end up with 100 hours max being scheduled under Presentation even though the sets have been way more.

It's also been noted that, since every other process has fallen behind, the POG TMs end up catching up everyone else's work (including their pricing, pushing stuff that should have been truck, backstocking the insane amount of flex/overpush), but the POG TMs get in trouble if hardlines has to do anything that should have been theirs. I'm not sure how they're supposed to make their workcenter work when they have an ETL who wants to get rid of it.

1-2 hours in pog is worthless. You can't do anything other than pull really. And, yes, pog is definitely pulling the weight of areas not getting done. Can't tell you how often I jump into price change just so that it gets marked and sells. Not getting that done directly affects how well I can execute setting that area later.

See there are some specialty teams I really want back...
Instocks,
Pricing/presentation (we have a Plano team but I miss the combo)
And back room.
I especially miss backroom with all the transitions going on. We (Plano) tie and drop our POGs. But if we don't run back and pull the pog before we set, it drops into the caf. Absolutely no reason to for that mess. I have spent the last week wishing for a BR team to pull POGs and butting heads with my ETL over a stupid glitch.

I never worry about getting pog batches pulled quickly, I focus on getting everything set first. If that means it all falls into the 1for1 to be pulled, so be it. The dbo for that area can give me hand in filling back since I am helping them get their area reset. I do give them all a heads up when their batches will be larger and give them the option to set aside anything for what I am setting which I will work out once it's set. We have a lot of new DBOs that are learning pog now so they will be more useful to the process soon.

actually our store is doing fine with the changes over 1 year in now....we have no pog team, price change team or night time zoners and we still keep a clean floor, set our pogs, get clearance tagged and somehow even are able to put up price accuracy labels when we finally catch up with truck push...it takes longer than it did before but I see how having nearly 9 less people a day helps on payroll and makes the stock holders happy. I hate corporate bs cutting costs but I do see what they're shooting for....I feel its not fair but it's working at many stores...it may fail and it could be for so many reasons but execution is gonna be why in the end... not enough people want to even go through with it and the ones who do are met with a tide of backlash from their employees and even fellow management
and somehow even are able to put up price accuracy labels when we finally catch up with truck push...

That says it all. Pricing and POG should not be a 2nd priority and we should never have to “catch up” with the truck. It should be pushed and guest ready when the doors open. With ultra high volume stores such as mine and many we are always behind. And the true storm has not even begun.

It is at my store. Planograms are set by DBO’s or “department heads” or whoever randomly is assigned the task. We have pogs from September that we’re never set or set improperly. If you still have a POG team consider your store lucky. Question is just for how long.
that's your SDs decision. Once hq determined that pog was needed, your SD should have at least formed a 2 person team.

Eh modernization works if leadership is dedicated. It killed fast fun and friendly events. We don't have huddles anymore. Recognition isn't what it used to be. So going amazing I guess 🙄
I love not having huddles. Their only purpose in my store was a group project.

almost every huddle in my store that involved a project was folding softlines (even though none of us could fold clothes to save our lives and we were all hardlines) or domestics push which was a joke because none of us folded towels properly so if one came unfolded it was a hot mess by the time it was stocked...the only thing we ever were useful for as a truck hardlines team was helping zone shoes because we understand planos and can easily replace boxes and tags with our knowledge of how merch needs to be in hardlines. It's basically identical to the soccer shoes in sporting goods. Not hard to figure out.

I want to say it could work, but it won’t work unless adequate hours are given and leadership is supportive. It’s hard to be motivated when a TL is barking at you over the walkie every hour about how you are doing at the job you are better at than they are.

almost every huddle in my store that involved a project was folding softlines (even though none of us could fold clothes to save our lives and we were all hardlines) or domestics push which was a joke because none of us folded towels properly so if one came unfolded it was a hot mess by the time it was stocked...the only thing we ever were useful for as a truck hardlines team was helping zone shoes because we understand planos and can easily replace boxes and tags with our knowledge of how merch needs to be in hardlines. It's basically identical to the soccer shoes in sporting goods. Not hard to figure out.
I don't miss huddles either, and yes many of them were to push reshop in certain departments, usually seasonal or market. And we NEVER had a huddle in Softlines! No one helps us. Guest Services does not hang our reshop or even attach tickets, even though I've given them at least two ticket guns. GM is supposed to own Baby Hardlines, but whenever someone needs help they call us, as well as call us to get reshop, which I promptly roll over and stage in O block and I don't give a crap what happens to it after that.

We've seen improvements in zoning and maintaining the floor during the day but no way could we function without night time zoners. There is still too much chatting going on between Style TMs and too much slacking. I am excited about "owning" my area but I haven't been able to do everything I want to do yet because of time contraints and other TMs not quite pulling their weight.

I would kill for those numbers. %15 as a whole we jump for joy.. I think my personal best is hovering around %9.. It has dropped to that when we got the hour OPU times back. I can actually look for things now.. But even then that isn't a great number.

Wow. I'm surprised your DTL isn't in the store every day breathing down leaderships' necks. My store's overall numbers went red during BTS and that got us an extremely unpleasant completely surprise visit from the DTL and all the BPs. I can't imagine how bad it would be if we were always red. I do feel for you because it has to suck to not be able to find that much and there's nothing you can do about it. I get pissy if I have a random day over 4%. I can't imagine how frustrated you must get.

41KH-UpnJ8L._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Back