MEGATHREAD $9 minimum wage starts soon!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. I talked to my ETL-HR, and the news was not good. If she's right, this is unfair.

She said nothing is official, but it will roll out in the next couple of weeks. But that a cashier will now make $9.00/hour. As a GSA, I will still make my $9.34/hour. Anyone going into new paygrades (promotions, new hires) will make the $9.50/hour for GSA if they decide to bump up the paygrades.

So a brand new GSA is worth more than one with experience. Talk about a slap in the face.

I'm in basically the same position. I make just barely over $9.50 and now I'm going to make basically a few pennies more per hour than a brand new hire in my position. If I weren't so close to getting done with school I'd be losing it.

I'm on my farewell tour so this doesn't matter to me. I hope to be free from Target this year or early next year.

Sales floor is NOT base pay..... Cashier, Guest Services, and Cart Attendant is!!! (N03), which is base pay. Sales floor is N05, I would know, I work on the Sales Floor. Maybe some stores just have different pay grades, wouldn't make sense, but you never know.

N03 is sf and front end positions N05 is instocks N07 is GSA, backroom, flow N09 is starbucks, signing, receiving and food ave past that N11, N13, N15, and N17 is reserved for deli, bakery, TLs, PMT, Sr., and pharmacy techs. Thats what my district goes by in paygrades.

So can anyone confirm or solidly deny that TMs that are already making above $9 an hour get.....nothing?

So can anyone confirm or solidly deny that TMs that are already making above $9 an hour get.....nothing?
If you are N03 making above $9, I think it's safe to say you will get nothing.

If you are at a higher paygrade, it depends on who you ask.

So you're already making $9 +? Then we've clearly being paying you too much, so now the rest of the team can catch up to you. No need to give you a raise.

My new TM that started at $8.50 will get the $0.50 raise and also their performance raise. My TM that was hired 3 or so years ago starting at $8.00 and has worked up to currently making $8.80 will get a $0.20 raise to bring him to $9.00 and then he will also get his performance raise. Seems kind of messed up that they will both now be making close to the same amount now. But that's Target for you... everything is messed up.

Anyone currently making more that $9.00 shouldn't expect to receive anything except their yearly performance raise. Having received my review, this includes TLs.

I had no idea that so many tenured tms were paid so little. I guess I shouldn't complain about my pay. How much does everyone make? I'm at $13.84. I'm sure I'm still maxed out so here comes another EX and 1%

To me, all seasoned team members should get a .50 cents raise. If they are truly competing with walmart is reguards to paying their employees, this is the way to go. If not, target is just like walmart, or even worse when it comes to those above the new pay rate.

These raises should be before our annual reviews to he fair to us as well.

I agree, @Brewhaha . @RichardAlpert , I am embarassed to say what I make due it not being what I am worth. I have been with the Target Regime so long, that my raises get less and less due to being over the cap. It is hard when you see others come in at a rate you made just a few years ago. I honestly believe cost of living increases would go a long way to make us TLs and tenured TMs feel valued. Even though my reviews are always good, the merit increases are sad at best.

Wow. I talked to my ETL-HR, and the news was not good. If she's right, this is unfair.

She said nothing is official, but it will roll out in the next couple of weeks. But that a cashier will now make $9.00/hour. As a GSA, I will still make my $9.34/hour. Anyone going into new paygrades (promotions, new hires) will make the $9.50/hour for GSA if they decide to bump up the paygrades.

So a brand new GSA is worth more than one with experience. Talk about a slap in the face.
@Retail Girl not quite. As a GSA, you'd get a buno to bring you to the new start of your pay grade, so a cashier might make $9, so you'll bump to $9.25 or whatever the new base is for a GSA.

@Retail Girl not quite. As a GSA, you'd get a buno to bring you to the new start of your pay grade, so a cashier might make $9, so you'll bump to $9.25 or whatever the new base is for a GSA.

That's what I thought. So if they still give a 50 cent bump, I should go to $9.50. But I when she said I wouldn't, I asked, "so I will get paid less than a brand new GSA off the street," she was perfectly happy telling me that would be the case.

It's actually quite freeing to be valued so little that there is no point in giving a crap about anything.

That's what I thought. So if they still give a 50 cent bump, I should go to $9.50. But I when she said I wouldn't, I asked, "so I will get paid less than a brand new GSA off the street," she was perfectly happy telling me that would be the case.

It's actually quite freeing to be valued so little that there is no point in giving a crap about anything.
@Retail Girl you probably have an inexperienced or just hateful HR. Call TMSC or HROC. They will give you the correct answer. You cannot be in a certain paygrade and make below its starting wage-that is against policy.

Last edited:
Retail girl, you probably have an inexperienced or just hateful HR. Call TMSC or HROC. They will give you the correct answer. You cannot be in a certain paygrade and make below its starting wage-that is against policy.

Yeah, I'm gonna see how this rolls out. I am sure, she was wrong, because she also tried to tell me that all the paygrades below $9 would just jump to $9, so the step ups would disappear.

But it was just the smug way she told me all of this that just really twisted the knife.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back