MEGATHREAD $9 minimum wage starts soon!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was told that the review is based on the wage you were making on Jan 31st. That's when your review ends.
Even so, I'd rather have the bump up to $9 and then a merit raise based on something less than $9 versus getting a merit raise based on something less than $9 and then possibly no raise after that or end up with less overall. No matter what your starting pay is, the merit raise after the bump to $9 will net you a higher effective raise.

every store will do somethng different. Why do you think that all stores will do the same 2 raises.

Every store and state has different wages for the same job. Not all cashiers make 8.00 per hour some states they make 8.75 and others 10.00.
So when it comes to the new increrases it will depend solely on your state and your STL and HR ETL .... we are all screwed !!!!

Annual reviews all happen at the same time. Merit raises all go into effect at the same time (might depend on your paygroup as to when you actually see it). It would seem that Target would do the blanket raise to $9 all at once. Obviously not all stores start at less than $9, but for the ones that do... I would be surprised if Target didn't decide on a specific date to raise wages to the new company minimum.

I've been told merit raises would come after the bump to $9, for those people currently below it. Also the current pay bumps from base will apply. Example: N03 to N05 +.25, N03 to N07 +.50, N03 to N09 +1.00, ect.

While not official it came from someone that's been pretty reliable on stuff like this. As of right now theres no word if people above the new base will get anything additional. I have my doubts on the latter though.

She said if you're currently making under9 its staying that way. But new hires will be paid 9
She's just plain wrong. This is another example of someone talking workout knowing.

120/150 of my team will be impacted. The 30 who aren't are capped, so why they won't get a bump now, the cap of their paygrade is increasing, so they may be eligible for a merit this round even if they weren't scored EX or O.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions and you want an honest answer.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions and you want an honest answer.
Could you do the Q&A in this thread instead of in PMs? I'll start!

If you currently make $9 or more AND are at a paygrade above base, do you get a corresponding raise to keep the difference between paygrades at the same amount?

So if I'm at $9.00 and my paygrade is $1 over base, will I get bumped up to $10?

Last edited:

If you currently make $9 or more AND are at a paygrade above base, do you get a corresponding raise to keep the difference between paygrades at the same amount?

So if I'm at $9.00 and my paygrade is $1 over base, will I get bumped up to $10?
From what I was told yes the differences between pay grades will stay the same.

So if I'm N07 and I already make over $9.50, I'll stay the same?

From what has been shared with me, if your pay grade is over $9 you will see an increase that equals that of what the increase to pg3 is...so if your cashiers start at $8.25, they will get a $.75 increase, so they will need to increase your pay grade starting pay up by $.75 to keep everything equal. This means you may see an increase to keep you in the same percentile as you are currently in your pay grade. AFTER all of this, annual merits will be calculated and put in. So your raise should be on you NEW base.

Of course I will say I am not a district leader so all I know is what has been shared with me.

I have no idea how this will work out but here's what happened at my store recently.

Everybody who was under $9 got bumped to $9. We were hiring at $8.25 and the STL made the new minimum at our store $9. Great! Except if you were already making $9 or above, nothing happened. I can't imagine that this isn't how this whole scenario will play out.

What happens at my store? We all make at least $9 so what are they gonna bump us to? I'm going with nothing.

But I thought merit increases were already determined months ago. Or so I thought I read from another thread. I could have read it wrong. Is that not the case?

mo-money.gif

an announcement notice about the wage increase was posted today on the board starts april 26th.

I have no idea how this will work out but here's what happened at my store recently.

Everybody who was under $9 got bumped to $9. We were hiring at $8.25 and the STL made the new minimum at our store $9. Great! Except if you were already making $9 or above, nothing happened. I can't imagine that this isn't how this whole scenario will play out.

What happens at my store? We all make at least $9 so what are they gonna bump us to? I'm going with nothing.
Yes, nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back