Archived Annual Review Procedures?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I know the annual review is coming up sometime this month. I was hired as a seasonal, was kept by my store (like most of the seasonal hires this past Q4), and haven't had one before. What should I look forward to and what should I expect to happen?

Heres an old thread that can probably answer your questions:

http://www.thebreakroom.org/showthread.php/1562-Reviews?highlight=annual+review

Essentially you'll be graded on a letter scale, not A-F but something such as O-Outstanding Ex- E-... I am not sure what they all stand for outside of O. Those grades each have a raise amount you will receive, the better letter the better raise. O is the highest and last year gave a 63 cent raise, I doubt it'll be that high this year.

I believe the scale goes like this
O-Outstanding
Ex-Excellent
E-Effective
IE-Ineffective
UE-Unexceptable

on a side note does anybody know the raise percentages for this year to associate with the scores?

Your TL will just sit you down and go over your performance over the year. What you did well, what you could improve on, etc. The score goes a long way toward your raise, so you obviously have incentive to do a good job.

I've never found my review score to really reflect how I actually do, can't say I've cared enough to try to get any of that changed, though.

I'm kind of dreading my annual review, I mean I perform really well. But with my main workcenter being frontend and I'm not on a lane very often my conversion % is pretty low so I don't think I'll be get getting that big of a raise. I'm banking on the handful of top performers i've gotten to help me even though that won't have any effect on a raise.

the first thing I tell team members when delivering their reviews is to NOT think of it as an A-F scale of grading! If you look at what each letter means an IE is not equal to a D. IE would be more comparable to a C (average) Look at what the description is for each category and then ask yourself honestly where you fall. Most team members will agree with what they have been given IF their team leader took the time to actually think about the review.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back