REVIEWS

When demands on TMs increase the way they have, I don't agree that it's enough money. We've also lost a couple people to that one silly big blue store recently, because they are paying more.
On this forum I have seen a few TLs brag on how much they make.

Why these TLs think they are safe in their jobs confounds me?

Target Corporate will realize that pay a TL a high hour wage AND overtime is getting expensive.

They might just lay this people off even and save a couple bucks an hour.

Anyone that thinks being a long time employee at ANY company guarantees continued employment is foolish.

I think Target pays well for what they are expecting you to do. It's a retail job that, unless you are management, shouldn't be considered a career or a job you expect to support your family on. If you expect someone who is putting toilet paper on the shelf to make $20 an hour, then expect that same toilet paper to go up in price.
The pandemic has shown us that we're considered essential. It's also a lot more than putting toilet paper on the shelf. Since we've all become experts, consultants, and advocates, our responsibilities have more than tripled what they were just a few years ago.

The pandemic has shown us that we're considered essential. It's also a lot more than putting toilet paper on the shelf. Since we've all become experts, consultants, and advocates, our responsibilities have more than tripled what they were just a few years ago.
Target is getting more work done per unit while it’s expenditure is dropping. So big daddy Brian is making more with less ‘team members’ so nothing is going to change.

well that’s a word salad of a paragraph. Basically target is achieving its goal of expect more Payless.

DEO, 4%. Reviews are done well in advance of it hitting paycheck (2 weeks prior). Our Inbound team is amazing top to bottom.

I got my review the day before the paycheck came . DEO with 4% increase . I got my review while I was backstocking and it took barely 2 minutes of conversation 😐.

How bad are the demands?! More than likely you are asked to push more truck or complete some POGs. It's not like they are asking you to clean toilets or move boulders.
No idea why you would sort of handwave additional duties. Those are added to the workload. That's essentially my point. Everybody has to do more with the same hours, but the same money, which is falling behind the pay of the competition. The worst example of having to do more is DBOs and others on the floor having to jump in to fulfillment all day, but still be pressured to finish daily stuff. You can't have been unaware of this.

On this forum I have seen a few TLs brag on how much they make.

Why these TLs think they are safe in their jobs confounds me?

Target Corporate will realize that pay a TL a high hour wage AND overtime is getting expensive.

They might just lay this people off even and save a couple bucks an hour.

Anyone that thinks being a long time employee at ANY company guarantees continued employment is foolish.
I never thought of a TL position/pay as being remotely bragworthy lol. Maybe if you're like 18. It would suck if Target decided to cull the herd, but I was thinking the other day it seems possible.

I never thought of a TL position/pay as being remotely bragworthy lol. Maybe if you're like 18. It would suck if Target decided to cull the herd, but I was thinking the other day it seems possible.
I meant some TLs that have been with Target for years but aren't dumb enough to become an ETL and lose money because they are now salaried.

I meant some TLs that have been with Target for years but aren't dumb enough to become an ETL and lose money because they are now salaried.
I did the math on what I would make assuming 50 hours/week (including the overtime rate), and added a premium to that number which would make it worth the extra stress and responsibility, and I realized there's no way Target would pay me that number (and I'm still kinda new, under 3 years so I don't make much). For long timers who have enough annual raises to be well ahead of the rest of us, there really is no freaking way in hell it's worth it.

Back