2020 reviews

I've been trying. I'm shit at interviewing apparently because no one's yet hired me. Then COVID happened...
Long time lurker first time poster.
Hopefully you found another job but if not and you have anxiety issues etc. like me try thinking this. I still have a job with TGT so what do I care if I get it or not as I have TGT to go back to anyways.
It worked for me and now I'm free.
GL

Long time lurker first time poster.
Hopefully you found another job but if not and you have anxiety issues etc. like me try thinking this. I still have a job with TGT so what do I care if I get it or not as I have TGT to go back to anyways.
It worked for me and now I'm free.
GL
Good luck.

To get 5 percent you have to be awesome all the time. Manage your area on your own without needing to be told what to do. Know what pogs are due and initiate setting them on your own. You don’t need help in your area. Your tl doesn’t need to constantly follow up with you. You aren’t getting yelled at or talked to about performance. You make it happen every day.
if the above isn’t you, you’re getting 3 percent.

To get 5 percent you have to be awesome all the time. Manage your area on your own without needing to be told what to do. Know what pogs are due and initiate setting them on your own. You don’t need help in your area. Your tl doesn’t need to constantly follow up with you. You aren’t getting yelled at or talked to about performance. You make it happen every day.

Sounds like you just wrote my review! 😁

if the above isn’t you, you’re getting 3 percent.
And some people like this still don't get that raise because it's a competition with limited prizes. If too many people in the building are competent, some of them are punished for it and grouped with the barely-not-bottom-of-barrel folks.

We've had 3 from up front every year. The last 2 years it was 2 cashiers and one guest service.

Is it 2 to 3 from each work center regardless of size?

Wouldn't "Up Front" be the largest department in the store (besides truck unload)?

Is it 2 to 3 from each work center regardless of size?

Wouldn't "Up Front" be the largest department in the store (besides truck unload)?
It’s somewhere around 10-20% of the entire store, so it varies by department. A really small department might not get any.

Who does the review/rasie? Is it your TL or the ETL? Nobody ever talked to me about either of the ones I have gotten since I started in 2018. I got 5% last year, which surprised me a ton, as I only work a few days a week. Yeah, I do my job to the best of my ability, but I don't think I am any better or worse than the rest of the people in my department. (Ok, maybe better than a few of the ones who do very little). I expect this year I will get the average one.

Who does the review/rasie? Is it your TL or the ETL? Nobody ever talked to me about either of the ones I have gotten since I started in 2018. I got 5% last year, which surprised me a ton, as I only work a few days a week. Yeah, I do my job to the best of my ability, but I don't think I am any better or worse than the rest of the people in my department. (Ok, maybe better than a few of the ones who do very little). I expect this year I will get the average one.
As far as delivering the reviews, the TLs are doing that at my store, save for a couple that the ETL will handle personally.

For the process though, the ETL met seperately with me, my senior TL partner, HR ETL, and went over it with the other ETLs, all before meeting with the SD. So it was quite a process, and as the junior TL I had very little input (but I only disagreed with two TM ratings and those could have gone either way).

Short answer, the ETL had by far the most input at my store, followed by HR.

Who does the review/rasie? Is it your TL or the ETL? Nobody ever talked to me about either of the ones I have gotten since I started in 2018.
The way it’s supposed to go from what I understand is TLs meet with ETLs and they come to mutual agreements about ratings before they’re set in stone and then TLs deliver the reviews. However, I got no opportunity for input as to my team’s performance reviews before the scores were decided, so ASANTS, I guess?

For many years in my store:
1. SD/HR/ETL meet and decide everyone’s score
2. HR gives scores to TL and discuss any discrepancies in opinion
(if TL doesn’t agree with a score they state their case for the tm and HR clarifies why they are wrong)
3. TL is required to write review to support the score (I.e. find & explain reasons why it is lower than it should be)

however, there has been no mention of starting 2021 reviews yet.....?? In years past they have been written by now !
past timeline was : TL self review in Jan, TL writes tm review in Feb, delivered in March, pay effective in April.
‘Why is there NO talk this year ?

Back