Archived Any other stores have the checklane phones disconnected?

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PM2NO

Just curious if it was a chain wide thing to have the checklane phones disconnected. Ours got disconnected this week

Yeah they haven't worked in ages and nobody touches them at our store.

Are they putting anything in? We need a button like fast service type announcement "GSTL needed at lane X"

Not yet. Our store is low volume and have the two lane to an aisle structure and we always have someone near a walkie. The only people who have ever used them were LODs to answer calls.

Are they putting anything in? We need a button like fast service type announcement "GSTL needed at lane X"
They have that already, but it hasn't worked very well for the last few years... :( the help button was a great way to get the GSTL's attention without turning on your light. The beep they got on their LPDA was incredibly effective.

Register phones kinda work at my store.. they can dial out but we can't call them. A few stores near me use the POS phones all the time to get cahsiers in touch with the AP Office, but nobody in my store remembers that. Whenever we try to dial to the POS phones, we hear nothing.

we just had all of ours disconnected. i don't think I've ever seen anyone ever use one since SCO almost always has a walkie to call a GSTL.

I honestly couldn't tell you whether ours work or not. Nobody touches them.

In order for the lane light to work the GSTL/GSA has to be at the front lanes. Obviously a huge problem at my store.

Yep, though I think we left one at the first and last checklanes for the LODs/GSTLs.

All of ours are gone lol... we are not able to answer Guest Service calls as all the other phones we have don't exactly turn on

Just like a horror film, all the phone lines are dead, you're alone at your lane, and a ravenous horde is descending upon you demanding you take that expired coupon for 50 cents off a pack of Charmin.

All of ours got taken out yesterday. The only thing we ever used them for was to call Target Card Authorization, but that's pretty rare and can be done with the portable in the office. They were nice to have back when you could overhead page from any phone, but of course they disabled that feature a couple years ago.

it is a cost cutting measure, when phones get taken down its to pay for less lines. the only phones that are not affected by this are the I.P phones.

Target disabled inbound calling to POS phones to prevent fraud. Thieves posing as Guest Relations were calling stores to "verify" the gift card system by loading gift cards with stolen credit cards over the phone.

Register phones kinda work at my store.. they can dial out but we can't call them. A few stores near me use the POS phones all the time to get cahsiers in touch with the AP Office, but nobody in my store remembers that. Whenever we try to dial to the POS phones, we hear nothing.
Aaaaand they took them out today.

Card/Check payment verifications?
AP response to lanes for LISA/BOB or Beware of Guest calls?
Verify price changes?

Target disabled inbound calling to POS phones to prevent fraud. Thieves posing as Guest Relations were calling stores to "verify" the gift card system by loading gift cards with stolen credit cards over the phone.

Now, they just ask to be transferred to Electronics. I need you to speak with an LOD in regards to that....oh you think Im a bitch. Doesn't sound very professional from someone in CORP. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back