Archived Anyone's store not making payroll?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a sign on the time clock stating that hours may be cut later this week If sales do not pick up. Said something about missing pay roll by $88k. I work flow from 6am to usually 10am-1030am and we have been getting sent home at 9am since last week. How Is flow team supposed to push sales? How often do hours get cut because of payroll? When should they pick up? I got hired back In may and we took a 15 minute break every day I worked and did so up until a couple weeks ago when we started getting sent home at 9am(break time). Getting 12 hours a week Is garbage and If It continues I will look for another job.

Sales will actually be down for the next month or so. September is a slump month...October is as well until the weather change(Softlines picks up) and you get closer to Halloween.
As a flow team member, what you can do to push sales is basically just make sure the salesfloor is full. If the store is open...greeting guests, suggesting items, offering to find/pull items from the back for them and basically being available to them is all you can really do.

And this is pretty norm for Spot this time of year. If you're going to stick around until next year, you can expect the same thing. Flow team can drastically fluctuate from 40 hours a week to 12 hours a week. Best thing you can do is get cross trained for other areas like receiving, processing defectives, backroom, cart attendant, bike building, etc.

Thanks for the advice. I can't imagine getting 40 hours a week ever as the highest In one week Ive gotten is 20 hours but also I was not at Target during last 4th quarter.

Pushing things into the correct place helps too. Things in the wrong place, wrong price point, ect doesn't help guest find what they need or causes guest challenging price.

We had to cut 50 hours from the front end, two weeks in a row

Holy crap! How many hours does your front end get at this time of year? Fifty is a significant amount of hours to cut, even if your a high volume store.

I noticed that our front end scheduled 8 hours over what was allotted for this week. We've been really busy so hopefully that will earn us some extra hours, otherwise it will suck having to cut hours at the end of the month.

Last edited by a moderator:
that's interesting , in our store no has ever been asked to leave early , and i have been working for Target for almost a year . we are getting good hours the last 3 weeks, most flow were getting 30-40 hours . and i worked 9 days in a row in the last 2 weeks

We've been under payroll by triple digits each week recently. Between nobody to schedule cause they all quit and callouts. Even missing sales from the demoulas debacle...

I shudder to think that my hours will be decreased. Got lucky to pick up some hours here and there. However, I am not a priority when hours does become available. Furthermore, cross training in cashier makes me nervous. Even more nervous, when one flow TM made a comment on how I'm the only flow TM wanting to be a cashier... It's probably a blanket statement. LOL

My best bet is just to keep asking during BREAK. Not after, hours will be given away by then.

It's kind of embarrassing to keep asking for hours -- I honestly, don't enjoy it -- but my financial need exceeds my ego.

Welp the 2 week out schedule shows I only have 12 hours and there Is no Saturday truck for the first time in over a month. What a joke. Hopefully hours pick up when 4th quarter hits like you guys are saying.

We've been under payroll by triple digits each week recently. Between nobody to schedule cause they all quit and callouts. Even missing sales from the demoulas debacle...

Sounds like my store. Call outs and people are getting fed up with the new STL(useless) who has no actual clue how a store works.

We have made sales the past couple days, but overall are over hrs. Not on schedule for tomorrow and they are not adding hrs. Boo hoo. To say I am thrilled, is a huge understatement. I never have Saturday off. I gave my hr tm a huge hug!

All departments in our store got fucked by ETLLog's dumbass extending flow's hours by ridiculous amounts.

I shudder to think that my hours will be decreased. Got lucky to pick up some hours here and there. However, I am not a priority when hours does become available. Furthermore, cross training in cashier makes me nervous. Even more nervous, when one flow TM made a comment on how I'm the only flow TM wanting to be a cashier... It's probably a blanket statement. LOL

My best bet is just to keep asking during BREAK. Not after, hours will be given away by then.

It's kind of embarrassing to keep asking for hours -- I honestly, don't enjoy it -- but my financial need exceeds my ego.
No shame in asking for hours, Penrose.
I hustled for hours so often they called me the "Flo Ho".
I'd go up to the LOD in my best Mae West voice & say "Hey, sailor.....got any hours for a workin' girl?"

We apparently made payroll for the month, but barely. I know a TL gave up a shift so they could make payroll. Someone said we were the only store in the district to do so. We are already operating with a skeleton crew, not sure how much more they can cut.

Man, our payroll is shot to shit. All the NCNSs and call outs alone..that's about 2/5 of our payroll on LOG wasted. I'm happy I'm getting my 40 with our skeleton crew but shit our payroll metrics look like someone ran them over with a crown stacker several hundred times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back