Archived Buying Items You Put A Rewrap Ticket On?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomTeamMember

The Request Has Been Cleared
So yesterday I had printed a rewrap ticket for an item and it was such a good deal I decided to purchase it today. Maybe I’m just being paranoid but will I get in trouble for purchasing something I put a rewrap ticket on the next day? What are rules on that?

You'll be fine

You left it out so guests could possibly have a chance to buy it. You didn't purposely do it to save some money. You'll be okay

In the off chance something does happen. you'll probably be talked too and that's about it

You'll be fine

You left it out so guests could possibly have a chance to buy it. You didn't purposely do it to save some money. You'll be okay

In the off chance something does happen. you'll probably be talked too and that's about it
Ap will see it.
You think I should give my store a call and ask AP about it? They had someone fired recently because of something related to money so that’s why I’m a bit paranoid.

I think that yes, AP will see it. But they'll also see that it was tagged yesterday and not purchased until today. And they probably know what time it was tagged and can check cameras to ensure that yes, it really did go into a reshop bin and out to the floor, not stashed somewhere out of guest reach for you to grab later.

My store no longer has us putting repackages and online returns out to the sales floor. They want us to defect-salvage them immediately. I don't know if we had a problem come up or if management just doesn't like seeing the yellow stickers out on the floor.

Last edited:
I think that yes, AP will see it. But they'll also see that it was tagged yesterday and not purchased until today. And they probably know what time it was tagged and can check cameras to ensure that yes, it really did go into a reshop bin and out to the floor, not stashed somewhere out of guest reach for you to grab later.

My store no longer has us putting repackages and online returns out to the sales floor. They want us to defect-salvage them immediately. I don't know if we had a problem come up or if management just doesn't like seeing the yellow stickers out on the floor.
Should I just return the stupid item? Will it make a difference? Like this one item is not worth me freaking out to potentially get in trouble

the items just don't sell well enough to justify leaving them on the salesfloor, taking up space on a clearance endcap (or worse, getting mixed in with softlines clearance) and potentially causing problems during inventory time. there's a reason some items are online only after all....

If you waited a day and it was in a place it could have been bought by any guest and it was still there when you bought it? You are good go to.. It's when you hide stuff you get in trouble.

My AP says have someone else ticket it and it needs to be on an endcap for at least 15 mins to give guests a chance to purchase. Also needs to be purchased off the clock.

I see no reason why it needs to be purchased off the clock, just as long as you don't go taking your breaks at stupid times (ie 30 minutes after clocking in). Breaks don't work like that, and neither does your planned coverage.

I've purchased about 2 things I can remember that I marked down myself in electronics. One was a guest return (Godamnthemsomuch, you know how many obviously opened returns I have to march back up to guest service to mark down?!) and the other was a game/item bundle where the box was literally half mutilated and would have probably been damaged out. I've actually no idea where it came from, I opened electronics one morning and it is just sitting there on the boat. I marked it and stuck it next to its brothers in the new release game case and made bets on if anyone would notice the exploded box. -_-

I wish our store would follow that policy because come inventory NONE of those online purchases that are marked down will read. They're not in our system so they have to go to "financials" and be manually added.

I wish our store would follow that policy because come inventory NONE of those online purchases that are marked down will read. They're not in our system so they have to go to "financials" and be manually added.
We start to salvage ours a couple of weeks before inventory. Does cut down on the hundreds of financials.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back