Archived CAF monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pettjm54

Sales floor TL
Team,

I am having problems with team members burning batches in the late afternoon when i am not present. I was told by my DTL that i can get the caf monitors from up to a week ago.. does anyone know how to do that? (name, est time, actual time.) is it under RWT next to the regular CAF monitor?

I have been trying unsuccessfully for a while now to get this to work. The link is under RWT and the link is there but will not populate the list.

Burning them is as much work as pulling them IMHO. Why do you think they are burning them? An easy fix is to have the backroom team call the LOD when each hours pull is complete and then have the LOD or another ETL or TL randomly audit them a couple times a day. All they have to do is print the RWT report and compare the amount of items. If it says they should have 100 items and they have 30 you may have a problem.

I highly doubt anyone in any store has the time to go to the backroom, print out the CAF lists, wait for them to be pulled, count EVERY DPCI and EVERY each just to make sure they aren't being burnt.

Look, burning batches is wrong...technically. But any BR TM who's developed a keen enough sense to know what does and doesn't actually need to go out should have the carte blanche to burn a few items here and there. Its like pruning a tree of excess branches. It may no be the prettiest way of working, or brand, but it can significantly increase your BR productivity by decreasing redundant backstock.

And burning is almost a necessity if people are STOing, anyway. All of that just comes back out 60% of the time.

Burning ENTIRE batches...is a different story.

Burning them is as much work as pulling them IMHO. Why do you think they are burning them? An easy fix is to have the backroom team call the LOD when each hours pull is complete and then have the LOD or another ETL or TL randomly audit them a couple times a day. All they have to do is print the RWT report and compare the amount of items. If it says they should have 100 items and they have 30 you may have a problem.

sounds great and all but the pull system sucks, backstock a whole tub of DVDs and they all pull, truck stuff likes to repull, torn endcaps. we used to SUBT all our stuff and it helped like 40% of the time. but now you have to STO it first then subt and its just a pain in the ass. And it is easier to burn them, ive had people pull a ton of stuff that was just torn down and 15mins later it all came back to be rebackstocked again

i believe the reason why they are burning is actually a couple things.

1. we are a ULV store... we have 3 or 4 backroom guys through out the day so that is about 1 or two people for each hour cafs... we just opened pfresh which has drastically increased volume.. therefore cafs dropped at most 10.5 hours... so i think they are burning just to get the hour done...

2. i am referring to the pfresh pulls... therefore they must venture into the freezer and dont want to be in there longer than they have to....

3. for some reason pulling perishables is treated differently... because we have fresh meat and produce now still boggles some people...

my etls do not have the initiative to print cafs hourly and audit... or the time..

now that i finally have a backroom TL i can partner with him to hopefully solve the issue..

i am gonna see if BAKE shows up on my monitor.. thats a weird glitch..

i agree with pruning... if you know something is backstock.. then burn in... but KNOW.. dont guess. you will just create work for someone else.. or your self...

I would love to fix this problem myself but i work 4-12.. or 1 only so my team does the pulls until then.. its 1 o clock on is what im questioning..

if anyone can please give me the path to the history of caf monitors?? thatd be appreciated... i know how to do current day so i cant see it being much more difficult than that

I highly doubt anyone in any store has the time to go to the backroom, print out the CAF lists, wait for them to be pulled, count EVERY DPCI and EVERY each just to make sure they aren't being burnt.

Look, burning batches is wrong...technically. But any BR TM who's developed a keen enough sense to know what does and doesn't actually need to go out should have the carte blanche to burn a few items here and there. Its like pruning a tree of excess branches. It may no be the prettiest way of working, or brand, but it can significantly increase your BR productivity by decreasing redundant backstock.

And burning is almost a necessity if people are STOing, anyway. All of that just comes back out 60% of the time.

Burning ENTIRE batches...is a different story.

This is the gospel truth

sounds great and all but the pull system sucks, backstock a whole tub of DVDs and they all pull, truck stuff likes to repull, torn endcaps. we used to SUBT all our stuff and it helped like 40% of the time. but now you have to STO it first then subt and its just a pain in the ass. And it is easier to burn them, ive had people pull a ton of stuff that was just torn down and 15mins later it all came back to be rebackstocked again

While it's not best practice, subt-ing endcaps that have been killed and the weekly mmb reset is really the only way to do it. And you don't have to STO before you SUBT. That's an old wive's tale. You don't get any errors for subt-ing things into a location.

SUBT'ing into location.....Let's beat this horse for a while. What errors does the wives tale say it creates? If it does NOT create errors in the system, it may create other issues. Personally, I have fill groups memorized....HOWEVER, I am probably the exception to the rule. I would NEVER recommend anyone ever instruct a team member to SUBT into location. Do as I say, not as I do would be my #1 rule in my backroom. So does SUBT'ing into location create errors? That is the question.....

This is a fun horse :)

And I do agree with your rule there. Hate to sound conceited, but I am the best backroom day team member they have back there (well, ex-backroom day). The only issues that can arise is yes, not getting put in the right fillgroup, or system challenges not appearing that would show up in STO (Push to floor, item is clearance, item is on current MIR).

Agreed. Those are the ONLY reasons SUBTing may create an error.

But again, ANY BR TM worth a damn knows the fillgroup numbers. And any unmarked clearance will get pulled out in the next price change anyways.
The reason they don't want people doing it, as far as I've heard, is that SUBTing messes up the sales accumulator. Whether or not that's much of a big deal...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back