Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

Today I had a lady do a return for an expensive toy (around $50) with a receipt that was paid for partly with a merchandise return card (around $48) and the other half in cash. Of course I tell her that she has to get the $48 back on a merch card and she starts pitching a fit saying “I paid half in cash I just called and the person on the phone told me that I could get the cash back” “I need to pay my rent I can’t pay rent with this card” etc and I tell her no I can’t give you cash no I’m not overriding it you can either get the card or keep the item. So I give her the card and she starts harassing other guests in line trying to sell them the card for cash. Wtf?
She probably told the person on the phone that she paid cash and conveniently left out that it was a split payment.

She probably told the person on the phone that she paid cash and conveniently left out that it was a split payment.
this. that's why when it comes to any return I try to give an answer with room for error. "yes, if you have your receipt, and paid in cash, come on in, and we should be able to complete the return"

Yeah, LOD probably would’ve been better. Nonetheless, i still hold that AP (if anyone, really) shouldn’t ignore anyone saying Guest is harassing other guests. At the very least, they should’ve said call LOD
Most don’t carry a walkie if they’re following someone. Defeats the purpose of plain clothes.

ok so I’m having a really annoying problem with a lot of guests. Almost daily. They’ll come in with a receipt that’s a result of a no receipt exchange and the item they exchanged for. It will literally say at the top of the receipt something like “this is the result of a no receipt return and this receipt is valid for the exchange of a like item only” and I’ll tell them ok you have to exchange for a like item.
“But I paid cash.”
“Your receipt literally says *reads top portion*”
“I did have my receipt.”
“No you didn’t, they scanned your ID for the exchange.”
“No they didn’t.”
“It says on this exchange receipt that you did not have a receipt for the original item and you are only able to exchange for a similar item.”
These guests are always ghetto and sketchy and usually start cursing and screaming at me at this point.
Like I get it, on the receipt it’ll show they returned one thing, got something else, owed the difference, and paid the difference in cash. Usually like 20 something dollars. But I’ll tell them like sorry but when you don’t have a receipt your return privileges are limited and this is just something that’s a result of not keeping your receipts. (AKA you’re welcome we let you return stolen items, stop being so damn greedy). And there’s no way around, no way to override, and I have to deal with my GSTL and I getting yelled at and I’m sick and tired of dealing with this same exact situation all the time.

I would say “if you have your original receipt that shows you paid in cash I’d be happy to give cash back, but because this receipt says it’s only valid for exchange, that’s all I can do”
Beyond that all you can do is call GSTL. it’s annoying, happened to me last week. I’ll bet they’re just trying to see if they can scam you.

Ill tell them like if you don’t want to exchange I can attempt giving you store credit with your ID. They’ll hand me an ID, it’s either not them and I tell them I can’t use it, or it is them and I scan it and big surprise they’ve reached their limit, it’s exchange only and I can’t give them a merch card.
“WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT IVE NEVER USED MY ID TO RETURN ANYTHING”
Yes you did and the proof is this receipt you handed me 😔

I was service desk last year and I can’t remember if there was anyone doing returns but I know i did hundreds of order pickups for hours straight at a time. I was so sweaty from all the running back + forth and all the heavy lifting (so many TVs, sound systems, etc)

Our room for order pickups was moved away from Guest service recently (only drive ups are in guest service now) and now they’re soooooo far away it’s really so annoying
That sucks. Our closet is a MESS to the point of being unsafe right now. We need new shelves.

Today I had to explain to the person working the GS desk what a defect is. That was after I found the item in my reshop, took it back and told her it scanned as a defect, and found it in my reshop again later. I was not amused. Probably find it back in my bin tomorrow morning.
Are you saying your GSTM doesnt understand the concept of defecting? Unless they’ve only worked for like 2 days that’s wild

Are you saying your GSTM doesnt understand the concept of defecting? Unless they’ve only worked for like 2 days that’s wild

Pretty much. She's normally a cashier. Today was the first time I've seen her behind the desk. Not really complaining about her. She's nice and bought and chatted with me when she was on break and shopping electronics while I was covering a lunch there. Just tired of getting called up to do reshop only to discover that so much of it is rewrap or online only defect. Happens every fucking time. And when I tell the desk about it, they often just toss it back in the bin. Annoying. Scan that shit before putting it in my bin.

If you're having a big problem with rewraps/online only items ending up in your bin without stickers on them I would definitely take it upon yourself to print out the stickers if you have time, that way it doesn't end up back in the bin again with the same thing happening :)

If you're having a big problem with rewraps/online only items ending up in your bin without stickers on them I would definitely take it upon yourself to print out the stickers if you have time, that way it doesn't end up back in the bin again with the same thing happening :)
Or just let us know. With returns, it prints a sticker for us, but for RTS items, we have no way of knowing the item needs a red sticker (@mobilelady)

Obviously if it’s a new/new to GS ™, that won’t help, but if it’s a large problem, definitely bring it up

Sort stuff tells you if it needs a yellow as is sticker.
Yes but being a relatively high volume store we have a lot of RTSs a day so we can’t spend time checking every one. If epick just had a little message “needs rewrap sticker” that would be really helpful (or even better, if it printed one)

Don't know how and all of that stuff is supposed to be done by GS at my store.

Back