Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

Ironic how forgiving you are to yourself, yet you're quick to swoop in and enlighten others when they "aren't doing it right." If you finish a task....but do it wrong....then you haven't finished the task. If you apparently dont have time to scan an item, and it goes to the wrong department....its just going to come back to you. So now, what could have taken seconds to do, has now drawn out to days of work, of it being thrown into the wrong sort cart. You're making more work for yourself.

You dropped the ball.
She dropped the ball, you dropped the mic.
source.gif

I know what’s bullseye (red price in the corner). If im not sure (feels cheap and bullseye ish), i scan
And the good quality electronics socks and graphic tees? The good quality sporting goods swim shoes, sports socks and C9 wearable accessories? The good quality compression socks that go with the diabetic supplies? The electronics graphic tees are better material and quality than the men's graphic tees.

And the good quality electronics socks and graphic tees? The good quality sporting goods swim shoes, sports socks and C9 wearable accessories? The good quality compression socks that go with the diabetic supplies? The electronics graphic tees are better material and quality than the men's graphic tees.
My store must be laid out differently. Yes swim shoes are obviously sporting goods but anything c9 wearable (socks etc) and any graphic tee is softlines. Usually the diabetic socks have packaging that makes them look more health-like than clothing like.

Or just let us know. With returns, it prints a sticker for us, but for RTS items, we have no way of knowing the item needs a red sticker (@mobilelady)

Obviously if it’s a new/new to GS ™, that won’t help, but if it’s a large problem, definitely bring it up
I have them separate the SFS RTS from the rest so we can figure out if it’s an online item or if we were just out of stock when they ordered it. It’s its online we put on a sticker and send it out.

Nintendo Men's Crew Socks

So your store tosses the planogram out entirely and stocks them in a completely different department than the rest of Target?

Edit: More likely, you've been tossing them in the wrong cart all along and you're just telling yourself that they can't possibly exist someplace outside of softlines and a stroll through the electronics section will prove your assumption wrong.

Nintendo Men's Crew Socks

So your store tosses the planogram out entirely and stocks them in a completely different department than the rest of Target?

Edit: More likely, you've been tossing them in the wrong cart all along and you're just telling yourself that they can't possibly exist someplace outside of softlines and a stroll through the electronics section will prove your assumption wrong.
Those aren’t sold in my store. But the Pokémon ones* are located (checked the target app) in Softlines.

*DPCI: 040-10-1759

EDIT: it appears none of the Nintendo ones are sold at my store. But the similar non Nintendo ones are in softlines at my store, according to the target app.
Remember, ASANTS.

Ninendo Men's Socks - 207-04-0775

Nightmare Before Christmas Socks - 323-03-0342

Champion C9 Women's Gloves - 082-02-3431

Champion C9 Women's Workout Gloves - 082-02-2663

Nintendo Necklace Set - 207-04-0313

Not a single one of these have a softlines dpci. Visually similar means absolutely nothing when it comes to putting the right stock on the right shelf. Just assuming is only causing frustration and more work when the various sales departments have to work out what is and isn't theirs because someone was tossing stuff in bins based on opinion and not dpci.

At our store we have never stocked the c9 winter gloves in sporting goods although I know the other local store does. I always just chocked it up to Target Great lands (the other store) vs reg Target with pfresh (ours).

At our store we have never stocked the c9 winter gloves in sporting goods although I know the other local store does. I always just chocked it up to Target Great lands (the other store) vs reg Target with pfresh (ours).
And assumption. Neither pair of gloves I listed are winter gloves. They are both used in sports as part of the equipment/safety gear.

I don’t think I’ve ever processed a return for the linked items but I will be more careful now on with licensed stuff. Thanks

Don't forget about C9. Gloves, jogging belts, compression sleeves, stuff like that. There's also some socks, can't remember the brand, that also are sporting goods.

Please scan even if you think you know. If you put something in my bin that we don't even sell at the store, never have and that hasn't been sent to us for SFS purposes, but hey, it's a toy so let's put it in the toy bin, then there is nothing I can do with it. I have to go back to you, wait until you aren't busy with a guest and explain it to you. That's a gigantic waste of my time. You taking the 1 second to scan the item in the first place would make the store run more efficiently overall. Please, please, please scan.

And I'm sure softlines loves you when they are fishing one spot hats, gloves, socks and scarves...and electronics socks and shirts...and pharmacy compression socks...and sporting goods socks and belt wallets out of their reshop.
ASANTS. In my store, hardlines is responsible for sorting reshop. The only reshop we handle at GS are from returns.

In this case, it really does help to be crosstrained and get out of GS for a while. It helps to know how the store runs from a SF perspective. I think sometimes TMs who only work GS can't see beyond their little realm and how what they do/don't do affects the larger store as a whole.
I asked to be trained in A&A/Softlines for this reason alone.

Even More Ways Checkout is a Breeze this Season

Here are more reasons why Target is the fastest checkout in retail:

-All card readers now have Quick Chip. Guests can insert their credit or debit chip card as soon as the cashier starts scanning and remove it without waiting for the cashier to press Total. Once the card is inserted, the card reader will guide the guest through the payment process. The "honk" sounds is back to remind guests to remove their card. (this is why it feels like the register is being slower to print the receipt; the card reader is actually just going faster now)

myCheckout updates:
-Target Wallet payment accepted
-Coupons in Target Wallet accepted (including Cartwheel!)
-You can now checkout items with serial numbers, digital downloads, and add protection plans.

Even More Ways Checkout is a Breeze this Season

Here are more reasons why Target is the fastest checkout in retail:

-All card readers now have Quick Chip. Guests can insert their credit or debit chip card as soon as the cashier starts scanning and remove it without waiting for the cashier to press Total. Once the card is inserted, the card reader will guide the guest through the payment process. The "honk" sounds is back to remind guests to remove their card. (this is why it feels like the register is being slower to print the receipt; the card reader is actually just going faster now)

myCheckout updates:
-Target Wallet payment accepted
-Coupons in Target Wallet accepted (including Cartwheel!)
-You can now checkout items with serial numbers, digital downloads, and add protection plans.
That’s awesome re quick chip. But I still like chime better than duck. Duck implies there’s something wrong

That’s awesome re quick chip. But I still like chime better than duck. Duck implies there’s something wrong
I know someone with some hearing loss, she was told by the audiologist that most hearing loss involves the highest pitches going first and then moving on down, so typically a lot of problems hearing high ranges, moderate to small difficulty for mid-ranges, and little loss low ranges. With as common as age related hearing loss is, a higher pitched chime would be a lot harder to hear than a low pitched angry duck to a lot of the population.

guests don't pull their cards out when it's chiming

compare a receipt lookup/payment on account (chime) to a purchase transaction (honk) and compare how long it takes each guest to take their card out

Back