Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

Except that the missed coupon option for the food/baby gift cards isn't working this week. I should be able to scan the coupon barcode and generate a gift card but no. :( Such a pain.
I've never been able to get one of those to work. I usually just do "Store Coupon", give them the cash and be done with it. I almost always check the receipt to make sure they qualified though

I've never been able to get one of those to work. I usually just do "Store Coupon", give them the cash and be done with it. I almost always check the receipt to make sure they qualified though
I just let the computer do cash and then use the cash it gives to buy a GC, since the coupon is for a GC not $ off.

I really don’t like that it doesn’t work anymore (@ missed coupon regarding coupons in the weekly ad) :( it’s hard to teach new cashiers how to fix their own mistakes when it doesn’t even work

Or you just load a gift card w the $ amount and then use target coupon to purchase it. Of course you’ll need an override code to do that if you aren’t a GSA/TL.

Yesterday I was doing a receipt lookup return for items that had been purchased off of someone’s baby registry but I guess the person who was giving the items decided not to give the stuff as a gift anymore or something and every time I scanned an item it would as “what’s the line #?” And I didn’t know what to put? 😅 I looked at the printed out copy of the baby registry the guest had but couldn’t figure out what to type in. In the end I just ended up hitting the back button and the screen cleared and let me do the return but has anyone encountered this before?

View attachment 6619

just key in 999 as the line number

Except that the missed coupon option for the food/baby gift cards isn't working this week. I should be able to scan the coupon barcode and generate a gift card but no. :( Such a pain.
It’s so annoying. It’s been like this for over a month now. I either buy a giftcard and discount it out or we sometimes do it as a manufacture coupon in the missed coupon option as it prompts to scan it onto a giftcard rather than give cash back.

Anyone had an issue doing online order returns in store lately when the guest paid with PayPal? I’ve tried to do a few over the past few days and the only option it was giving me to refund the guest was on a gift card. I know that if you try to do a return by shipping your item back and you had paid with PayPal the only option is to give an e-giftcard, but in store I’ve always gave the person back cash. I checked to make sure the guest hadn’t used a gift card on their purchase as well

Anyone had an issue doing online order returns in store lately when the guest paid with PayPal? I’ve tried to do a few over the past few days and the only option it was giving me to refund the guest was on a gift card. I know that if you try to do a return by shipping your item back and you had paid with PayPal the only option is to give an e-giftcard, but in store I’ve always gave the person back cash. I checked to make sure the guest hadn’t used a gift card on their purchase as well
I hope they switch it to GC. but we did one today and it was cash

I hope they switch it to GC. but we did one today and it was cash
Honestly I’m sure guests would get really pissed but it would be nice if they would do it just GC and put some sort of disclaimer when you use PayPal to check out (which I’m sure the guests wouldn’t read anyway). Seems somehow exploitable to give them back cash for PayPal purchases

Honestly I’m sure guests would get really pissed but it would be nice if they would do it just GC and put some sort of disclaimer when you use PayPal to check out (which I’m sure the guests wouldn’t read anyway). Seems somehow exploitable to give them back cash for PayPal purchases

How so? Using PP is like using cash.

Some people who do business online “under the table” use PayPal to get paid but don’t hook their PayPal up to a bank account so that they’re not on the radar so to speak. If your PayPal is not hooked up to an account, then the only way to use the money in there is through websites which accept PayPal (like Target). Returning the items and then getting cash for it seems weird to me in this way. I’m sure it’s just a small minority who even do what I mentioned above but it still struck me as weird the first time I gave cash back to someone for a PayPal purchase. I’m sure it’s not really a big deal though!

I'll give you that...to an extent. However if I paid with PP I'd expect to have PP refunded, or cash. Giving a g/c is not the same.
I suppose, but we just don’t have a way to refund PayPal... our system can’t handle it. I think as long as guest is aware the refund will be back on a GC ahead of time it’s ok.

Same day OPU return is a GF usually for PayPal and if they cancel their OPU or online order instead of keeping and returning, it emails them a GC for their return. Super annoying to deal with but I understand.

I suppose, but we just don’t have a way to refund PayPal... our system can’t handle it. I think as long as guest is aware the refund will be back on a GC ahead of time it’s ok.
I had a guest ask me to cancel her OPU in mygo and I was unaware she payed with PayPal so I didn’t think to warn her. The next day she came in freaking out so I called guest relations to figure out why it was refunded on a GC when she swears it was payed for with her debit card. I hung up and told her she payed woth PP and she goes oh..... yeah. “That’s dumb”

Same day OPU return is a GF usually for PayPal and if they cancel their OPU or online order instead of keeping and returning, it emails them a GC for their return. Super annoying to deal with but I understand.
Oh ok I understand. Thank you! :D

PP is vry hackable, their cs is outsourced to India and is something that I would be suspicious. Paypal to cash is always a scam.
PP is the abbreviation of Planned parenthood so it makes me think of the people that accused them of seeing boady parts.

Some people who do business online “under the table” use PayPal to get paid but don’t hook their PayPal up to a bank account so that they’re not on the radar so to speak. If your PayPal is not hooked up to an account, then the only way to use the money in there is through websites which accept PayPal (like Target). Returning the items and then getting cash for it seems weird to me in this way. I’m sure it’s just a small minority who even do what I mentioned above but it still struck me as weird the first time I gave cash back to someone for a PayPal purchase. I’m sure it’s not really a big deal though!
If you hook your paypal to a bank account, then one of the many hackers that repeatedly use Paypal as their hacking choice will get access to your bank account and spend that on their new phone. sunglasses or trip.

Back