Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

Yes but not return to stock (cancelled OPUs)
That's true. ASANTS, my store we just set all reshop/RTS out on an empty lane by GS and the sales floor is responsible for doing all that.

As for POS-processed items (non-RTS from OPU/DU), I'm good at checking POS for the aforementioned stickers, but many who come up for backup don't, so I end up with 95,000 yellow clearance stickers and 14,000 missed salvage stickers hanging off the counter after someone else was up here.

ASANTS, my store we just set all reshop/RTS out on an empty lane by GS and the sales floor is responsible for doing all that.
Define all that
As for POS-processed items (non-RTS from OPU/DU), I'm good at checking POS for the aforementioned stickers, but many who come up for backup don't, so I end up with 95,000 yellow clearance stickers and 14,000 missed salvage stickers hanging off the counter after someone else was up here.
What POS should do is have a full screen prompt for every sticker, so you’re forced to acknowledge that you have one. Or at the very least, after the transactions, have a full screen prompt that says like “you have 2 red stickers”

We set reshop and RTS in an empty lane. HL/SL aka A&A will take a MyDevice/Zebra and scan everything in their department so they know the location.

As they do this, they discover Online Item, salvage, etc. and bring it back to GS to process as Salvage.

Most TMs doing reshop dislike Online Items so they just immediately bring them back for Salvage.

Yes but being a relatively high volume store we have a lot of RTSs a day so we can’t spend time checking every one. If epick just had a little message “needs rewrap sticker” that would be really helpful (or even better, if it printed one)

You should be using sort stuff or a myDevice to sort items anyway though.

Our room for order pickups was moved away from Guest service recently (only drive ups are in guest service now) and now they’re soooooo far away it’s really so annoying
We also moved the Order Pickup room last year, but we added a counter with registers and everything. Order Pickups are processed separately from Guest Service. It’s a cool system, we were one of the pilot stores to test it out.

We also moved the Order Pickup room last year, but we added a counter with registers and everything. Order Pickups are processed separately from Guest Service. It’s a cool system, we were one of the pilot stores to test it out.
I’m wishing we would get rid of our photo lab and do that. But right now the OPUs are near the team lead office so we can’t put any registers in TSC lol

Yes but being a relatively high volume store we have a lot of RTSs a day so we can’t spend time checking every one. If epick just had a little message “needs rewrap sticker” that would be really helpful (or even better, if it printed one)

You're the reason seasonal items end up in other sort carts. Just because its edible, doesn't mean its market. Just because it's for kids, doesn't mean its toys. Can't believe Ms. Know-it-all(but doesn't really) is one to cut corners.

I mean shouldn't you?

Let me tell you all the Salesfloor tms hate it when the aren't sorted properly
Anything I’m not sure I certainly do, but if it’s like say detergent, and I know detergent has only one location in my store, and is always there, no I don’t scan it. Same for clothes (minus fan central) all go to softlines. Examples, of course, but you get the point.

I always scan water bottles because they always get me

You're the reason seasonal items end up in other sort carts. Just because its edible, doesn't mean its market. Just because it's for kids, doesn't mean its toys. Can't believe Ms. Know-it-all(but doesn't really) is one to cut corners.
I said we can’t check every one, not we check none. If it was seasonal food, for example, of course I’d scan it to see if it’s for seasonal or market. Same for small appliances, some of which are dually located in my store

Anything I’m not sure I certainly do, but if it’s like say detergent, and I know detergent has only one location in my store, and is always there, no I don’t scan it. Same for clothes (minus fan central) all go to softlines. Examples, of course, but you get the point.
And I'm sure softlines loves you when they are fishing one spot hats, gloves, socks and scarves...and electronics socks and shirts...and pharmacy compression socks...and sporting goods socks and belt wallets out of their reshop.

In this case, it really does help to be crosstrained and get out of GS for a while. It helps to know how the store runs from a SF perspective. I think sometimes TMs who only work GS can't see beyond their little realm and how what they do/don't do affects the larger store as a whole.

And I'm sure softlines loves you when they are fishing one spot hats, gloves, socks and scarves...and electronics socks and shirts...and pharmacy compression socks...and sporting goods socks and belt wallets out of their reshop.
Adding in my 2 cents. Most of "Our Store Brand" merchandise has a DPCI on its packaging somewhere, right? Train your eyes to look for it. Are you familiar with department numbers? DePt, Class, Item. All you then really need to figure out when in doubt is the difference for example water bottles in home versus sporting goods or clothing in Softlines versus the licensed clothing in electronics. I'm not asking you to memorize everything but the ones that stump you, learn those so you can teach yourself to sort items in the right reshop vehicles. I never stop learning. There's always something new I learn everyday in the World of Spot. And you don't always necessarily need electronic equipment to figure out how to read a DPCI. I understand if it's not obvious at first but we need to read with our eyes and think with our brain because sometimes there is no equipment and the only equipment you have is you... Read and think where something belongs in the store.

Last edited:
I said we can’t check every one, not we check none. If it was seasonal food, for example, of course I’d scan it to see if it’s for seasonal or market. Same for small appliances, some of which are dually located in my store

Ironic, because you're supposed to scan everything. Sounds like bad time management on your part.

Adding in my 2 cents. Most of "Our Store Brand" merchandise has a DPCI on its packaging somewhere, right? Train your eyes to look for it. Are you familiar with department numbers? DePt, Class, Item. All you then really need to figure out when in doubt is the difference for example water bottles in home versus sporting goods or clothing in Softlines versus the licensed clothing in electronics. I'm not asking you to memorize everything but the ones that stump you, learn those so you can teach yourself to sort items in the right reshop vehicles. I never stop learning. There's always something new I learn everyday in the World of Spot. And you don't always necessarily need electronic equipment to figure out how to read a DPCI. I understand if it's not obvious at first but we need to read with our eyes and think with our brain because sometimes there is no equipment and the only equipment you have is you... Read and think where something belongs in the store.
Half the stuff, no, most of the stuff in baby hardlines has no printed dpci, and there's a few things in baby hardlines that look virtually identical to health and beauty. There's one item that is identical in every way except for three numbers in the barcode. So unless you know the brand very, very well, there's a lot of stuff that shouldn't be assumed.

I honestly don’t scan everything to see if it’s missed salvage or if it’s an online only item or NOF before trying to sort all my carts of reshop, but if someone brings something to me and tells me it needs a sticker or that I put it in the wrong bin I’m happy to fix it!! I work shifts in hardlines and I know that it’s inconvenient to have things end up in your reshop that don’t belong and having to bring them all the way up to the service desk sucks, so on either side of the coin I’ll always try to help out as much as I can!

Half the stuff, no, most of the stuff in baby hardlines has no printed dpci, and there's a few things in baby hardlines that look virtually identical to health and beauty. There's one item that is identical in every way except for three numbers in the barcode. So unless you know the brand very, very well, there's a lot of stuff that shouldn't be assumed.
Ok then training needs to happen. Or since GS has the registers that scan and sort shouldn't that be implemented everytime? I know it's not perfect but we all need to help each other by doing what we can. GS needs to sort properly the best they can and the re-shop team member needs to either have a device or share one with a team member that has one. This "Not My Job" mentality is what's causing people to not want to work there. And with the identical items in baby, I agree BUT you already read the barcode to determine it was different. So therefore scan the two different items to determine if it goes in baby or beauty. I know nothing should be assumed. Been with Spot long enough to know nothing is perfect but what are we doing as employees to make our job and others a little easier?

Last edited:
Ok then training needs to happen. Or since GS has the registers that scan and sort shouldn't that be implemented everytime. I know it's not perfect but we all need to help each other by doing what we can. GS needs to sort properly the best they can and the re-shop team member needs to either have a device or share one with a team member that has one. This "Not My Job" mentality is what's causing people to not want to work there. And with the identical items in baby, I agree BUT you already read the barcode to determine it was different. So therefore scan the two different items to determine if it goes in baby or beauty. I know nothing should be assumed. Been with Spot long enough to know nothing is perfect but what are we doing as employees to make our job and others a little easier?
I agree with you 100%! Nothing wrong with helping out where you can

I know what’s bullseye (red price in the corner). If im not sure (feels cheap and bullseye ish), i scan

Ironic, because you're supposed to scan everything. Sounds like bad time management on your part.
When there’s a line to the door of guests, I barely have time to RTS, much less time to scan again in Sort. If you know of a way of getting our store more hours to have another ™ there, let me know

Look all I’m saying is epick should let us know if it needs an as is sticker. Didn’t mean to get everyone so upset

When there’s a line to the door of guests, I barely have time to RTS, much less time to scan again in Sort. If you know of a way of getting our store more hours to have another ™ there, let me know

Look all I’m saying is epick should let us know if it needs an as is sticker. Didn’t mean to get everyone so upset

Ironic how forgiving you are to yourself, yet you're quick to swoop in and enlighten others when they "aren't doing it right." If you finish a task....but do it wrong....then you haven't finished the task. If you apparently dont have time to scan an item, and it goes to the wrong department....its just going to come back to you. So now, what could have taken seconds to do, has now drawn out to days of work, of it being thrown into the wrong sort cart. You're making more work for yourself.

You dropped the ball.

Back