Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

I think I got asked about rain checks more today than all year combined....

Getting asked for a raincheck on Spiderman PS4s is going to haunt me in my nightmares for a long time. That and being asked where are the fuzzy blankets that were in the ad for $18 over and over again. Guests were hitting the call button for that a lot. Ummmm...we sold out yesterday, I think. I'm not sure what blanket you are talking about. I work in toys. No, we don't have the big Jenga thing either. I gladly spent half of my shift at the front for Guests First!!!!!! Better than dealing with people thinking they were going to be able to get hot ad items today. You come on Friday you get the crap no one else wants, Karen. No, you can't have it for the same price when we get it back in.

Debate at my store: Are we price matching target.com this week? One GSTL and GSA said no. Two GSTLs and a GSA said yes. We asked LOD the one night and she said yeah, sure and our ETL-GE said he doesn’t know.

I’m on the side of yes (my only price match was a small cosmetic item with no special deal). As long as it isn’t an online exclusive price. Like we clearly wouldn’t match the buy one, get one 60% deal or any deal with a percentage off. And all of the cyber monday deals tomorrow are a no. And the website specifically says competitors are not allowed (which opens up the debate to whether target.com is a competitor that we also had)

Have you guys been price matching with target.com thanksgiving- now? How will you handle tomorrow (I’m a hard no since those deals specifically say online only)? And the rest of the week?

Last edited:
Overhearing the walkie on that question, our store says No price matching, starting from last Wednesday, of any kind even with T.com until December 1st.

One of the GSA's mentioned it was sent in an email communication (?)

We don't match to anyone, including T.com, from Thanksgiving day through Sunday (yesterday). Starting on Cyber Monday, we match to T.com prices. We do NOT match to any competitor until next week.

Back