Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

We don't match to anyone, including T.com, from Thanksgiving day through Sunday (yesterday). Starting on Cyber Monday, we match to T.com prices. We do NOT match to any competitor until next week.
Wrong. That changed last year. It’s even on the price match policy on the website and stated very clearly in the Q4 guide. We are Only price matching target.com Black Friday-December 1st and that is the only exclusion. As for the price matching for today, that is store discretion because it’s clearly online only but more than likely they order it OPUs and you have to go get it or they order to ship it home and you lose the sale. OKing a TM to match the 15% would end in the same result just a lot quicker for the guest.

Having a huge issue with guests that don’t have drive ups parking in the drive up spots. A lot of them think that’s where you park if you have an order pickup. Or the 2 handicapped spaces next to the drive up spots are taken so they think they’re entitled to park there (even though there’s like at least 6 other ones). Also, the police keep parking there????? I’ve tried asking if I could write notes saying like “please don’t park here if you don’t have a drive up” but the GSTLs say it’s too rude. No, what’s rude is having all the people with drive ups have to line up in the middle of the parking lot aisle because there’s nowhere for them to park because 3 of the 4 spots are taken by people who aren’t even in their cars, they’re in the store shopping and parked there because they think rules don’t apply to them.

Having a huge issue with guests that don’t have drive ups parking in the drive up spots. A lot of them think that’s where you park if you have an order pickup. Or the 2 handicapped spaces next to the drive up spots are taken so they think they’re entitled to park there (even though there’s like at least 6 other ones). Also, the police keep parking there????? I’ve tried asking if I could write notes saying like “please don’t park here if you don’t have a drive up” but the GSTLs say it’s too rude. No, what’s rude is having all the people with drive ups have to line up in the middle of the parking lot aisle because there’s nowhere for them to park because 3 of the 4 spots are taken by people who aren’t even in their cars, they’re in the store shopping and parked there because they think rules don’t apply to them.
There used to be little pieces of paper to put on cars that weren’t drive up... idk if they’re still around or not

I hate casually glancing into the parking lot to see all the spots full and having a heart attack thinking I missed all their honks (sometimes the zebra will be on vibrate) and I check and there’s none 😑

We got about 8 inches of snow with the storm this week. As of last night, none of the Drive-Up spots and only two (out of about 10) of the handicapped spots were cleared out in our parking lot. The rest of the lot wasn't all that well cleared, either, but the plow drivers didn't even attempt those.

Was anyone else having trouble processing returns that were online orders. I had several returns where I would try using the packing slip, the card, and logged into to the Target.com account through the Safari browser, clicked on the order, return items, scanned the barcode and each time it prompted for “what price is this”, the tax rate, and then the VCD number which never happens, unless it’s a same day return which it definitely was not.

Was anyone else having trouble processing returns that were online orders. I had several returns where I would try using the packing slip, the card, and logged into to the Target.com account through the Safari browser, clicked on the order, return items, scanned the barcode and each time it prompted for “what price is this”, the tax rate, and then the VCD number which never happens, unless it’s a same day return which it definitely was not.
same register? if so, reboot. that fixed it one time we kept having it. if it doesn't next time call 718, press menu option for t.com return, provide order number and ask for receipt number and vcd.

i heard it was a global outage last night. receipt lookup was also not working either.

When that happened last time and I called CSC and they were like yeah we know about it have a good day I had half a mind to put them on the phone with the guest and let them deal with it.

I’ll say it before and I’ll say it again. Target’s fatal flaw with its tech is that the devs don’t use it.

When that happened last time and I called CSC and they were like yeah we know about it have a good day I had half a mind to put them on the phone with the guest and let them deal with it.

we do have other ways to make it right for the guest (this would be a situation that justifies an override). there is always another way to fix the situation, just have to get creative.

There's no straight answer at mine.
Some departments will take Online Item/As Is/Repackaged, and some won't and just bring them back.

defect them out because they're not gonna sell. they're just taking up space in the store and will cause inventory headaches later on.

we do have other ways to make it right for the guest (this would be a situation that justifies an override). there is always another way to fix the situation, just have to get creative.
issue that i’ve been having is it says “unable to do return at this time” or something like that and give the k3 option of try no receipt return. obviously i could override the refund back, but most guests don’t want to give their ID if they have receipt. with the phone receipt or paper receipt, it has been asking for a vcd and there’s no way to get around that screen without having a vcd. calling as the only team member at guest service is getting tiring with the line almost to the door and no one able to come back up, so hopefully it’s taken care of soon.

Do you guys put rewrap tickets on all online items? I’ve heard some store automatically defect out online items so I’m wondering what your store does.
this time of year we get rid of almost all online items. some smaller items that we think will sell over the course of the year get kept. same goes for clothing. we’ll put it on the clearance rack if we can agree it may sell. this time of year and around inventory we defect pretty much everything, but unless told by the tl of the department that they have no space or they’re getting something new in, so they have too much clearance, we try to keep some stuff.

oh no I know, but I was just so frustrated with the constant overrides.

I made sure all units were charged & ready to go. TBR saves the day again.
Ask your stl or etl for the solo charger for the my checkout. Put it at Gs.
Hmm. Not sure they’ll go for it... but ETL GE might. Thanks for the tip

When you're (or your GE) looking for it on SAP, its the regular solo charger. There's not a different one for the mycheckouts. There is a plastic insert for the docking part that makes it big enough for the MCO. You'll definitely need that. May be your GE already has one somewhere, not realizing what it's for.

Me: Not a problem *grabs walkie* “LOD, can you come to guest service?”
My least favorite LOD: “guest service, go to 4.”
me: “on 4”
LOD: “what is the problem?”
me: explains clear policy break and scammy behavior
LOD: okay, but you can probably figure out how to override that and make it right anyway.

Back